THE BROWNS BOARD

Harriet Tubman on the $20

The Cysko Kid

Surprised this hasn't been brought up yet. I personally don't care who's on what but Harriet Tubman seems a weird choice. If it's just diversity they're going for why not use Fredrick Douglass? He would seem more in line with the rest being a statesman and diplomat as well as an important abolishionist.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-news/watch/harriet-tubman-replaces-jackson-on-20-bill-672374851558

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised this hasn't been brought up yet. I personally don't care who's on what but Harriet Tubman seems a weird choice. If it's just diversity they're going for why not use Fredrick Douglass? He would seem more in line with the rest being a statesman and diplomat as well as an important abolishionist.

Frederick Douglass acted all white and stuff. Anyway they kill two birds with one stone, had she been a lesbian they have scored a trifecta. It would probably be in poor taste to suggest she should have been put on a food stamp instead so I won't make that comment.

:o

WSS

Frederick Douglass acted all white and stuff. Anyway they kill two birds with one stone, if she was lesbian that have a trifecta. It would probably be in poor taste to suggest she should have been put on a food stamp instead so I won't make that comment.

WSS

Well there's been a Susan b Anthony coin and a sacagawea coin so the woman bit has been done.

LOL.

Sure, ObaMao, replace all white faces on currency with black faces.

And go ahead and replace all Americans with illegals from Mexico, and Europeans, Asians

anybody to replace those white Americans.

Wait, he's already doing both.

I'm failing to see why this matters - perhaps someone could explain it? We change who's on our notes quite regularly, in fact we're due for another change:

£5: Elizabeth Fry (social reformer) -> Winston Churchill (Winston Churchill)

£10: Charles Darwin (that guy creationists hate) -> Jane Austen (that lady schoolkids hate)

£20: Adam Smith (economist/division of labour guy) -> James Turner (probably our most famous classical artist)

The fifties are staying the same.

These people have only been on the notes for maybe 5-10 years, and there's a whole bunch of other people who have been on the notes since they were introduced in 1970.

Do the US notes basically never change? I know as far back as I can remember people talk about 'benjamins' and having dead presidents on the money.

[

Frederick Douglass acted all white and stuff. Anyway they kill two birds with one stone, had she been a lesbian they have scored a trifecta. It would probably be in poor taste to suggest she should have been put on a food stamp instead so I won't make that comment.

WSS

Stuart

Plus Douglass was half white, not an authentic black. Other than his racial make up, he was the antithesis of Obama.

Funny how the same sentiments Douglass had about our political parties still apply today.

KPzbYAP.jpg

So tradition. I just think it's a weird choice. Why not douglass? Why not MLK? Tubman just doesn't seem official enough.

I get that. Kinda like Rosa Parks or someone - not particularly official.

If they want to have a president, but also some diversity, and piss off republicans, why not just put Obama on there?

Archived