THE BROWNS BOARD

Kevin Love OUT of Cleveland

WalterWhite

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bleacher Report@BleacherReport 17m

Report: Kevin Love expected to opt out of current deal and is unlikely to sign long term http://ble.ac/1IDfsFK

Well, Le Quit is living up to his nickname. Partying in Miami with sore muscles. Give me a break. I wouldn't blame Love for leaving. The teams coach is a paper tiger. Everyone knows Le Quit calls the shots.

I can't believe the coach is still here. No way Love stays if the coach stays. Lebron might leave too if the coach stays

I really hate basketball. I've never been a fan of LeBron James but realize he is a gifted athlete and player. I'd imagine for Cavaliers fans this has to be at least as disappointing and probably much worse than the crap going on with the Cleveland Browns.

(I actually started taking an interest but...)

WSS

I really hate basketball. I've never been a fan of LeBron James but realize he is a gifted athlete and player. I'd imagine for Cavaliers fans this has to be at least as disappointing and probably much worse than the crap going on with the Cleveland Browns.

(I actually started taking an interest but...)

WSS

I totally agree. The NBA is must MISS TV. The only time I watch is when I'm at a bar and it's on the TV. I root for the Cavs, because they are from Cleveland.

Bleacher Report@BleacherReport 17m

Report: Kevin Love expected to opt out of current deal and is unlikely to sign long term http://ble.ac/1IDfsFK

Ah- winning is the magic elixir that cures all ills. Cavs make a deep run in the playoffs, (IMHO they will) K-Love will doubtless change his tune, unless his only interest is a max contract- and he's unlikely to get one elsewhere. .

The recent trades have changed the dynamic. the Russian menace is an upgrade over Andy, you have another perimeter guy who can shoot the lights out (Smith) , and a quality defender in Shumpert.

Yeah- and the best basketball player on the planet has returned to form.

So Love just needs to realize as the case in Miami- he's the Bosh to LBJ. 19 points, 13 rebounds- you're a valuable part of the machine- but LeBron is the engine.

• 1 month later...

K love isn't going anywhere. He's never sniffed the playoffs and now he's going to be a perennial contender. Every player in the NBA is looking for that ring.

Yeah- heard this on Fox Sports again today (March 23). Maybe he doesn't like being 3rd fiddle to LeBron and Kyree?

Seriously- the Cavs manage to win a Championship, and Love will take his talents to LA? Based on what I've seen lately- Love is a nice piece of the Championship puzzle, but he's not THE piece, or an irreplaceable piece. T-Moz is WAY more important in the big scheme of things.Crap, you can make a case that Smith or Shumpert based on current production are doing as much for the cause.

So start playing like you're an All-Star Kevin- which you haven't been doing of late. Been good for plenty of clanked threes for a good while.

From RotoWorld- And don't blame it on Blatt either.

"Kevin Love struggled with his shot during Sunday's win over the Bucks, scoring just nine points on 4-of-13 shooting, with three rebounds, two assists, one 3-pointer and two turnovers through 29 minutes of action.

Love did not leave the bench during the fourth quarter as the game turned into a blowout, but consistency continues to be an issue for Cleveland's third-wheel. He's scored nine, 11, 10, eight, and 21 points in his previous five outings, and there's really no telling when the good Love is going to show up. He usually does enough in the rebounding and 3-point categories to balance out the minimal scoring production, but he's simply not the guy owners thought they were buying on draft day. "

• 1 month later...

Here's the thing as long as lebron and kyrie are here they will attract sone one to fill his role if he wants to leave. Lemarcus Aldridge maybe

It is wishful thinking but the Cavs won't land Aldridge and with the way Irving is playing they really don't need him. With Lebron and Irving you need a Joakim Noah/Tyson Chandler type and a JJ Reddick/Kyle Korver type.

• 2 weeks later...

Before the season I'd say Love would be a Cav for the duration but after his season I see him walking. He just doesn't fit well in the equation.

i disagree. i think until the point the swedish fishdick pulled his arm out of the socket in the celtic series he was all in.

as someone else has said, once you smell that chance at the playoffs and further....why would you move on to a team where you once again have to be the workhorse?

if he was still available the cavs would have swept the bulls and they'd be looking at 3 weeks rest and the hawks.

they win.

i disagree. i think until the point the swedish fishdick pulled his arm out of the socket in the celtic series he was all in.

as someone else has said, once you smell that chance at the playoffs and further....why would you move on to a team where you once again have to be the workhorse?

if he was still available the cavs would have swept the bulls and they'd be looking at 3 weeks rest and the hawks.

they win.

There will be other suitors with playoff capability and a star. For the next few years it is going to be the Lebron and Kyrie show.

Giving up a future Rookie of the year for a one year rental player is not good planning.

I'm starting to think that way.

There will be other suitors with playoff capability and a star. For the next few years it is going to be the Lebron and Kyrie show.

True- and other teams possibly having the cap room to offer him a Max Contract- which he isn't getting in Cleveland. What concerns me more is Love's glaring absence on the bench the last few games. Showed up once- so what gives? Andy and Kyrie are fixtures there, even when they're not playing. Makes you wonder.

I retract the above statement- courtesy of Cleveland.com

Ex0dUzoSSiCnhYIuRQoX_Slide1.jpg

From what the radio guys keep saying, Kevin Love should take a 1 year deal, and then go for a max contract after next year. The salary cap is going to go way up and the max deals will be a lot more money after next year. I guess a new tv deal kicks in after next year

From what the radio guys keep saying, Kevin Love should take a 1 year deal, and then go for a max contract after next year. The salary cap is going to go way up and the max deals will be a lot more money after next year. I guess a new tv deal kicks in after next year

Radio guys are correct concerning the cap but a 1 year deal could be signed in Dallas, Memphis, Portland, etc.

Radio guys are correct concerning the cap but a 1 year deal could be signed in Dallas, Memphis, Portland, etc.

None of those teams have LeBron

None of those teams have LeBron

That's a good thing and none have Kyrie. I am one of the few that would rank Lebron in the top 5 all time in the NBA but one of the drawbacks of having him is he has to have the ball all the time. Kyrie sacrificed a bit with James but Love, like a lot of good to very good players, wants the offense to go through him at times and that isn't going to happen in Cleveland. He made it pretty clear that he wasn't a "stretch 4" and his shots per game were the lowest since his sophomore season. It's hard for a former #1 to be the #3 and other teams will give him either the opportunity to be the man or be the second option.

That's a good thing and none have Kyrie. I am one of the few that would rank Lebron in the top 5 all time in the NBA but one of the drawbacks of having him is he has to have the ball all the time. Kyrie sacrificed a bit with James but Love, like a lot of good to very good players, wants the offense to go through him at times and that isn't going to happen in Cleveland. He made it pretty clear that he wasn't a "stretch 4" and his shots per game were the lowest since his sophomore season. It's hard for a former #1 to be the #3 and other teams will give him either the opportunity to be the man or be the second option.

Michael Jordan had the ball all the time. None of the point guards Jordan had were as good as Kyrie

Jordan also had Pippen and Horace Grant, and then he had Pippen and Rodman.

If Love was a "team" player, none of the "shots" would matter. When Jordan was there, it was "ALL" Jordan

Michael Jordan had the ball all the time. None of the point guards Jordan had were as good as Kyrie

Jordan also had Pippen and Horace Grant, and then he had Pippen and Rodman.

If Love was a "team" player, none of the "shots" would matter. When Jordan was there, it was "ALL" Jordan

Pippen wasn't a #1 option and he knew it, parlayed that into a top 50 nod though. Grant and Rodman were role players. I think you are forgetting what the Bulls were, namely the Michael Jeffrey Jordan show. Despite all the Pippen love, Jordan didn't play with another superstar like Kobe/Shaq or Lebron/Wade.

Lebron isn't the same as he was when he played here before. He is much more of a team player so you're wrong in your drawback comment.

Hmmm..... If Love isn't a stretch 4- then what does he think he is? Should the Cavs manage to win a Championship without him- he had better accept his role with the team, or if you think the grass is greener elsewhere- adios. Want to take your talents back to LA, and play with Mr Ego Kobe? Even with the #2 pick- that franchise is still a train wreck.

As was said earlier elsewhere in this thread, should Love decide to leave- it would majorly suck to have given up Wiggins for a one year rent-a-player.

The good thing is with our De Facto GM, Le Bron- now that he's made a commitment to Cleveland- he can pretty much recruit anyone he wants to play for the Cavs. LOL, bye-bye Love, Durant anyone?

If the Cavs somehow got Durant, LeBron, Kyrie, and Durant would rank right up there with Magic, Worthy, Kareem, and Bird, Parrish, McHale, as one of the best "BIG" 3 ever

Archived