THE BROWNS BOARD

Jeremy Maclin

gumby73

I'm guessing we're not on his radar, even in the slightest..... Maybe if the music stops and no chairs are left in August, but I bet he'll be elsewhere long before that.

The right $$ can change that real fast.

Decker up for trade. I'd take him over Maclin

Decker won't be ready for start of season. He's 30, recovering from Hip surgery. Had knee & Shoulder surgery's also. Hell hes me. Great Wife with only 1 good bone left..Let's Go Cavs!! (if Maclin gets to visit at the land? what else could go right?)

We're gonna be good at WR.

#1 - Josh Gordon

#2 - Kenny Britt

#3/Slot - Corey Coleman

#4 - Rashard Hollywood Higgins

#5 & #6 - Ricardo Louis and Jordan Peyton

That's solid

I'm as down on our 2016 drafted receivers as anyone, but even I understand that players can get better, and DO get better, all of the time. This is something we drastically need out of this group if we're going to score points with any regularity. It made me happy to read that Payton made a "spectacular one-handed catch from Kessler" this week, as I forgot he was even on the team. Wasn't he suspended for PED's or something? What's the final verdict? 4 games?

I know he's a little banged up now, but there's a chance Britt is better than we all think. Yes, losing Pryor stings and makes me furious, but think about Britt getting 1000 yards on THAT team. I don't know what the Rams' offensive stats are, but I'm willing to bet that they have a few that were WORSE than ours...which is saying something. I had the unfortunate opportunity of watching the Rams play, and their QB play was so terrible that I can't imagine ANYONE getting 1000 yards receiving with that nonsense. While I don't think our QB play this year will be "stellar", I do think it will be an upgrade from what the Rams had. What can Britt do with a better supporting cast? Again, I'm not saying we're GREAT or anything, but I believe our roster is better than what the Rams have.

I think we'll make a run at either Maclin or Decker, but I'm not sure how serious we'll be. Something tells me we're comfortable with the money we've spent, and we kind of want to see "what we have" at the moment before making any more roster moves.

We're gonna be good at WR.

#1 - Josh Gordon

#2 - Kenny Britt

#3/Slot - Corey Coleman

#4 - Rashard Hollywood Higgins

#5 & #6 - Ricardo Louis and Jordan Peyton

That's solid

Man, throw in Justin Blackmon and we'd have the best 1-2 punch in the league.

If the buzz about Ricardo Lewis is true then the likelihood that we need a multi-million dollar wideout like Macklin is greatly reduced. My hope, along with everyone else, is that a couple of the middle-round draft pick wide receivers selected by the Browns in 2016 pan out to be serviceable additions. But fuck Josh Gordon and his love affair with weed and shit - the Browns offensive attack would strike fear in all if he was active and breaking off slants for TDs.

If the buzz about Ricardo Lewis is true then the likelihood that we need a multi-million dollar wideout like Macklin is greatly reduced. My hope, along with everyone else, is that a couple of the middle-round draft pick wide receivers selected by the Browns in 2016 pan out to be serviceable additions. But fuck Josh Gordon and his love affair with weed and shit - the Browns offensive attack would strike fear in all if he was active and breaking off slants for TDs.

I like Lewis a lot. He is a development project for sure though. With Hues crazy ass alignments, we may see Njoku at wr. The guy is a straight beast. Him and Gordon are close in size, but Njoku is faster and can leap. Regarding Maclin, he still has some gas left, but is number 2 now. He will be productive where he goes.

Decker won't be ready for start of season. He's 30, recovering from Hip surgery. Had knee & Shoulder surgery's also. Hell hes me. Great Wife with only 1 good bone left..Let's Go Cavs!! (if Maclin gets to visit at the land? what else could go right?)

per Rotoworld "It's quite the recovery. Decker had extensive hip and shoulder operations when he was injured in Week 3 last season. He was expected to face a rehab deep into summer, but Decker participated fully at OTAs. Now healthy, the Jets are looking to trade him in the next 72 hours or they will cut him. Decker likely prefers the latter so that he can pick his own destination, though he may not get the $14.75 million in salary he's due the next two years if that happens. The Titans and Ravens have been speculated as options. Jun 6 - 8:18 PM"

If the buzz about Ricardo Lewis is true then the likelihood that we need a multi-million dollar wideout like Macklin is greatly reduced. - Suomi

Not to be Oblivious Maximus, but what buzz? This Happy Hour is missing about 58 minutes... - Flugel

My hope, along with everyone else, is that a couple of the middle-round draft pick wide receivers selected by the Browns in 2016 pan out to be serviceable additions.

- Suomi

Me too! I'll settle for 1 of the WRs after round 1 panning out and I think Higgins has the best upside of the bunch but I've been wrong as often as our FOs with this position. The bad luck we've had with WR draftees isn't new. Look our our round 2 with this position after Webster Slaughter in particular: Lawyer Tillman (Bernie to the Attorney), Patrick Rowe, Rico Smith, Andre Davis, Quincy Morgan, Greg Little, Brian Robiskie, MoMass, Potsy Gordon (if only this guy liked football enough to make the sacrifice necessary to play it).

Coleman's last game before breaking his hand, he had 5 rec 104 yards and TDs. He had more than 20 yards per catch that day where only the goal line ended 2 of his receptions/ypc. That shows me there's some upside to tap. The question is does he solve what's behind the inconsistency? Well, I loved knowing he organized some much needed offseason work with Kess & the WRs to promote more chemistry and semblance of being on the same page. I know his durability has been questioned, but he played in 34 games during the 3 years he wasn't red shirted at Baylor. That averages out to 11.3 games a year in a 12 game schedule. He earned the Biletnikoff Award scoring 20 TDs in his last year despite only having access to the starting QB for 7 games (while they dropped as deep as their 3rd QB on the depth chart). - Flugel

But fuck Josh Gordon and his love affair with weed and shit - the Browns offensive attack would strike fear in all if he was active and breaking off slants for TDs. - Suomi

Potsy Gordon has been an extended sequel to Cheech and Chong's "Up in Smoke" since he scared off every major D-IA program except Baylor. That said, even college football's version of Sodom and Gomorrah kicked this guy off the team twice for smoking pot. The next football program to say "We believe in you" was the Browns while I put on my Nostradumbass hat saying "he's just 1 of many college kids that loved to party so I'm glad we're giving him a 2nd chance." Unfortunately, all the coddling and enabling a couple football programs/fan bases have given him over the years wasn't the tough love he needed. Football has never been a big enough priority for him to make the sacrifice necessary to pass the piss tests for a full year while he's never stopped hanging out with creeps. And inevitably the extended sex, drugs and rock and roll session added a baby to the mix during the span of time he's played in only 5 games since 2013. His 2 remaining brain cells have a bigger War of the Roses divorce going on than Ghoolie's.

Our only other Pro Bowl WR this side of 1999 was Braylon Edwards - who had 15 or 16 TD receptions in a 10 win season in 2007 before he became Edwards Scissorhands in 2008. Is there an assessment at Indy or the workouts that measures a guy's commitment on and off the field? And what about the type of research the scouts are doing here as well as who has been reviewing it all? We keep getting the Divas that look bored of the challenge after their God Givens got them into a Pro Bowl early (1 guy in year #2 - the other in year #3 the 2nd year after a major knee recon). Our hated rival gets their WRs like Hines Ward or Antonio Bryant who prioritize football enough to make the sacrifices Potsy and Scissorhands haven't been willing to. That allows them to roll the dice on gravy like a Martavis Bryant in a round where you do that like round 4. - Flugel

If the buzz about Ricardo Lewis is true then the likelihood that we need a multi-million dollar wideout like Macklin is greatly reduced. - Suomi

Not to be Oblivious Maximus, but what buzz? This Happy Hour is missing about 58 minutes... - Flugel

My thoughts exactly....what buzz????

Dude started 6 games last year and not one highlight.....there is no buzz.....at.....all....

Don't want to cloud this thread but I'm curious as to why people have Coleman set as a slot receiver here.

In his limited action last season I can only recall a small handful of times he saw action at the y/z.

I understand his size leads many to believe he'd play a 'traditional' slot role, but remember this kid had a rather limited route tree last year. When you move inside your command has to be excellent.

I can think of only a couple receivers that have the ability to play every spot.

Anywho, Corey isn't the type of receiver to work the middle of the field (yet) and shield himself with quickness and angles. He's an outside vertical threat that, if he can pick up where he left off, should help Devalve, Britt and Njoku work the intermediate and middle routes.

Don't want to cloud this thread but I'm curious as to why people have Coleman set as a slot receiver here.

In his limited action last season I can only recall a small handful of times he saw action at the y/z.

I understand his size leads many to believe he'd play a 'traditional' slot role, but remember this kid had a rather limited route tree last year. When you move inside your command has to be excellent.

I can think of only a couple receivers that have the ability to play every spot.

Anywho, Corey isn't the type of receiver to work the middle of the field (yet) and shield himself with quickness and angles. He's an outside vertical threat that, if he can pick up where he left off, should help Devalve, Britt and Njoku work the intermediate and middle routes.

Agree. He's more of an Odell type. Small receiver with speed.

per Rotoworld "It's quite the recovery. Decker had extensive hip and shoulder operations when he was injured in Week 3 last season. He was expected to face a rehab deep into summer, but Decker participated fully at OTAs. Now healthy, the Jets are looking to trade him in the next 72 hours or they will cut him. Decker likely prefers the latter so that he can pick his own destination, though he may not get the $14.75 million in salary he's due the next two years if that happens. The Titans and Ravens have been speculated as options. Jun 6 - 8:18 PM"

Good luck to the Titans or Ravens. I personally think after his recent health issues, one tough bump, and here we go again. Of course he would prefer the later, so he's not injured before the trade. If he's healthy, i would prefer him over Maclin any day. But considering his injuries, i'd let him be.

Good luck to the Titans or Ravens. I personally think after his recent health issues, one tough bump, and here we go again.

Seems another great spot for both would be Buffalo or Chargers. The IR experts. Just keep them both out of our division..Please ;)

Archived