THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Trade For NYJ S Calvin Pryor

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a talent perspective the trade seems pretty even...

From a need perspective? Not so much...

From a talent perspective the trade seems pretty even...

From a need perspective? Not so much...

Weird trade indeed......

Thought we were short at LB to begin with.....and SS now has 6 names vying for one position......

The good news is that we should, at least, have some improved play from that position....

Now.....wondering 2 things.....How many of these SS candidates stick.....3?......and can any of them play FS?

Peppers - Campbell - Kindred - Pryor - Powell - Curry...

Weird trade indeed......

Thought we were short at LB to begin with.....and SS now has 6 names vying for one position......

The good news is that we should, at least, have some improved play from that position....

Now.....wondering 2 things.....How many of these SS candidates stick.....3?......and can any of them play FS?

Peppers - Campbell - Kindred - Pryor - Powell - Curry...

Reynolds showed a little promise maybe he gets better with another year under his belt.

Reynolds showed a little promise maybe he gets better with another year under his belt.

Let's hope......I saw some stuff from him that I liked, but really see him as more of a special teams guy/back up player......

Nah, you just grew a semi decent bush on your puss and thought you looked like a Viking, am I right?

Don't bother answering, I know I am.

You failed, again. Course we both know you are used to failure as it seems to be the only thing you know anything about. Tim Couch may have pulled out but someone should punch your punkass daddy for not pulling out when he was fucking that prostitute that gave birth to your sorry fucking ass.

No go cry to your boyfriend to ban me some more, snowflake.

You failed, again. Course we both know you are used to failure as it seems to be the only thing you know anything about. Tim Couch may have pulled out but someone should punch your punkass daddy for not pulling out when he was fucking that prostitute that gave birth to your sorry fucking ass.

No go cry to your boyfriend to ban me some more, snowflake.

You tried entirely too hard on that one, champ.

Let's hope......I saw some stuff from him that I liked, but really see him as more of a special teams guy/back up player......

If we get the level of play & effort from all our back ups that we get from Reynolds, we'll be much better.

Mike

Why couldn't Peppers play free safety? What would be the hangup there? He's plenty fast enough to cover the top especially with a 15-25yd cusion/buffer area below him. He's not being asked to play bump and run or press man coverage. He's not small and he's not big, he's a scrapper. He's a bit short but I think he's close to 6 foot. Probably 6+ with his cleats and helmet on... but I digress, I think that we get entirely too caught up in the position name game. You keep it simple... Peppers and Pryor cover the back half and destroy or intercept any and everything that comes your way. When they get tired, you put in Kindred and Campbell or Powell.

There really is not an issue here, from the film above you can see that Peppers can do anything a FS can do... and just maybe better.

Never played the part and being a quality centerfield man goes beyond being fast.

Physically he's not all that different from Earl...but his current strengths do not align with playing a deep 1/3. If you want the possibility of year 1 production, youll place him in a similar spot to what he does now.

There seems to very much be a difference in the safeties in Williams' D, as it has been described.

Peppers was rarely asked to play deep coverage. Not to say he couldn't, I'd bet that he eventually could be great, but the fact is he's rarely done it so far. It would take some experience and some mistakes.

There seems to very much be a difference in the safeties in Williams' D, as it has been described.

Peppers was rarely asked to play deep coverage. Not to say he couldn't, I'd bet that he eventually could be great, but the fact is he's rarely done it so far. It would take some experience and some mistakes.

And a lot of serious game tape study every week to recognize what the receivers/QB are doing. That's where serious coaching comes into play.

I'm curious as to why all this 42big discussion now with Pryor?

I mentioned Tyvis as the big5 spot a while back when he was signed. Picking up Calvin changes nothing. We still have a log jam of players for early down nickel. Kindred, Tyvis and Pryor. With Ed at the other spot. This means camp battle on who will be cut really comes down to Pryor and Kindred. As Ty is the likely slide in for Ed (god forbid he goes down)

I'm curious as to why all this 42big discussion now with Pryor?

I mentioned Tyvis as the big5 spot a while back when he was signed. Picking up Calvin changes nothing. We still have a log jam of players for early down nickel. Kindred, Tyvis and Pryor. With Ed at the other spot. This means camp battle on who will be cut really comes down to Pryor and Kindred. As Ty is the likely slide in for Ed (god forbid he goes down)

Peppers will be $. Calvin will probably be every down SS.

Tyvis will likely compete for FS with Ed, he's not a box safety.

Kindred will likely be backup SS.

Peppers will be $.

My 3 hopes of week 1. 1.Watching Garrett egg-planting Ben at least twice.2.Let Pepper's roll his 1st coverage assignment to a S or LB than go ring that L.Bell on a screen/dump-off that has killed us for years.3.just simply compete in Week 1(man we have been bad in openers, mainly just running any kind of offensive play)

Peppers will be $. Calvin will probably be every down SS.

Tyvis will likely compete for FS with Ed, he's not a box safety.

Kindred will likely be backup SS.

Tyvus was just cut today. So theres that.

Nacua, please.

Is Nacua this years "Scooby Wright"?.. Just because they have cool names doesnt guarantee a spot on the roster

Is Nacua this years "Scooby Wright"?.. Just because they have cool names doesnt guarantee a spot on the roster

Not gonna bitch or say Scooby woulda been great....cause he is limited.....BUT, he should have been retained and was definitely better than some of the 53 we kept.....time will prove that out and he WILL have a career in the NFL, whilst many that we kept ahead of him wont......

Archived