THE BROWNS BOARD

Why don't we start Austin Davis?

SPEK216

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but Davis was cut by the Rams for Nick Foles and Case Keenum, who have both played poorly this year. Of course, the Foles thing is kind of unexpected while Keenum did look ok winning some games for the Texans. Davis' stats do look better than Keenum's though.

The decision to demote Manziel to third string is Pettine's way of saying Johnny is no longer a Brown. To place him under Austin Davis is the only way to keep him off the field until the season ends. Then they will most likely trade him. I saw the video and didn't see Manziel doing anything wrong. I am not sticking up for Manziel because he's on "probation" and should know better than to give Pettine an excuse to bench him.

There are people in Cleveland that bought season tickets when Manziel was drafted. At 2-8 I would have played him. To demote,to third string means he will be in another uniform next year. The Browns are starting over without ever seeing what the guy could or couldn't do.

He will play somewhere, probably Dallas

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but Davis was cut by the Rams for Nick Foles and Case Keenum, who have both played poorly this year. Of course, the Foles thing is kind of unexpected while Keenum did look ok winning some games for the Texans. Davis' stats do look better than Keenum's though.

I agree. I'm not saying Davis will be the guy, I'm just saying if the logic was to give Manziel the rest of the year since we suck, why are we not starting McCown and not seeing what we have in Davis?

I agree, we need to see Davis ASAP. JM pisses me off cause my two scenarios were he plays well enough to be given the team or he plays well enough for us to get a high 1st round pick for him, maybe he would have to be packaged with another player for that I dunno....but now that's all out the window. He's gone next year and we will likely get shit. No one is gonna offer us anything cause they know we're cutting him after the last game. Fuck. Fuck is all I can say. Fuck fuck fuck. Cause now we're gonna draft a QB high that no one else had projected to be more than a mid to upper mid 1st round pick. In a draft rated defensively higher than when clowney and Mack came out. And said QB is gonna struggle and flounder behind an O line that is bad in perpetuity, and be out of the league in 2-3 years. This is what it is to follow the Browns. The same fucking story's repeat themselves every few years.

I honestly don't hate this idea either. I feel like we have a pretty good idea of who McCown is, but I'd like to get a look at Davis as well.

I think what really hurts about the Manziel debacle is that Pettine even said Johnny worked very hard and showed "tremendous" improvement. It would be one thing if Johnny didn't show anything, but it hurts so much more after seeing Johnny progress and hearing how hard he worked.

The decision to demote Manziel to third string is Pettine's way of saying Johnny is no longer a Brown. To place him under Austin Davis is the only way to keep him off the field until the season ends. Then they will most likely trade him. I saw the video and didn't see Manziel doing anything wrong. I am not sticking up for Manziel because he's on "probation" and should know better than to give Pettine an excuse to bench him.

There are people in Cleveland that bought season tickets when Manziel was drafted. At 2-8 I would have played him. To demote,to third string means he will be in another uniform next year. The Browns are starting over without ever seeing what the guy could or couldn't do.

He will play somewhere, probably Dallas

All the "professional" commentators, and this includes a number of former NFL GMs and coaches, say that Pettine did the right thing. They say that they would likely never trust their football team to such an unreliable person ....particularly, they say, because he does not possess such a quality skill set that they cannot live without it. He was asked by his HC and GM to stay out of the spotlight, out of the clubs, off TMZ......and he promises that he will behave, and in the course of 1 or 2 days he breaks his promise.

He is unprofessional, unreliable, untrustworthy. He has been give umpteen chances to prove himself to be the opposite....but he always ends up disappointing.

Yep, they will move on without him next year......and my prediction is that they bring in a QB in like the third round. No clue who.

Dallas is probably a good place for him.....he runs off to Texas at every opportunity....may as well let him go there.

Yes, a trade with Jerry....even a 6th rounder.....at least they would get something out of him.

But, yes, lets give Austin a chance.

Am I the only one happy that the best QB on our roster is the starter again?

Let's win some games.

Zombo

Ok....im in...

Its amazing how little has been said about Josh losing his job to Johnny....

In fairness, Josh has been the better player, better teammate and easily the most professional......Yet, Johnny gets his job anyway....AND even after that, folks say Pettine hates Johnny, Browns are unfair to Johnny, have an agenda against Johnny, yada yada yada....

Now....Just imagine if Johnny put up Joshes numbers and Josh put up Johnnys numbers.....then they gave Johnnys job to Josh.....Oh the outrage would be unbearable!!!!!

GO JOSH....you deserve it!

I agree, we need to see Davis ASAP. JM pisses me off cause my two scenarios were he plays well enough to be given the team or he plays well enough for us to get a high 1st round pick for him,

Huh! I'm not seeing a 1 or 2nd round pick for Johnny. And i'm being very serious. 3rd round at best, but now, who knows.

I agree Mudfly Josh deserves it- all time record of 450+ yards! What do you think of Connor Shaw for the future? End of last season I thought he looked like he had potential.

I like everything about Connor........ except his arm.....I think he'd be a great back up and could give you some great games, but just doesnt have the velocity you need to be an every Sunday NFL starter....

I like everything about Connor........ except his arm.....I think he'd be a great back up and could give you some great games, but just doesnt have the velocity you need to be an every Sunday NFL starter....

So you're saying he's Colt McCoy?

Archived