THE BROWNS BOARD

Top 7 teams to improve their defense in the draft

The Gipper

I think some folks who think it's all about drafting skill players before the guys in the trenches are gonna get their eyes opened really wide this season.

I LOVE this draft!

Mike

I think some folks who think it's all about drafting skill players before the guys in the trenches are gonna get their eyes opened really wide this season.

I LOVE this draft!

Mike

well we saw how dallas improved in their running game and pass protection by building a stout OL with additions i the draft last year. i can only see +'s from both lines with how farmer picked their draft.

this OL might make mccown look like an all-pro with RBs with huge ypc averages and receivers gulping up 15-25 yarders when their #s are called.

and let's not even talk about our D who as some other poster has said (roycerolls) will shit all over our competition and i concur!

Back in February Pettine said his goal was to elevate the defense to an elite level and thought the Browns could build a dominant unit "very quickly". “Offensively, we’re going to build it around the offensive line,” Pettine said. “We feel we’re going to have one of the best lines in football.

The Browns backed up those statements with the draft this year. I like the strategy of Pettine and Farmer going with the opportunity that presented itself, to have an elite defense in the NFL. Pettine stated because the defense was closer to being fully put together than the offense, the Browns wanted to zero in on making the unit elite.

"In games where the Browns surrendered 17 points or less in 2014, the team went 4-1. Cleveland reeled off five wins in a six-game stretch spanning from October to November and defensive supremacy was at the forefront of the high point of the season.

Enticing, shutdown defensive performances like Week 6’s 31-10 thumping of the Steelers and Week 10’s 24-3 hosing of the Bengals are the lynchpin standard Pettine envisions for the defense moving forward."

+^!

yet our schedule is 'harder'....

we'll see.

i think a lot of people will be surprised at how good the browns will be this year sans injuries and dumb mistakes.

playoffs? i hope so.

better than 7-9? damn straight.

Boys we been here before.. Get us threw Camp and 4 Preseason games and then lets talk. It only matters what lines up in NY.. And I can't wait.. But Go CAVS till Then..

Figured it wouldn't be too much investigative work to find out that Orchard was our 2nd round pick.

I've seen all kinds of silly things like that from people who we're supposed to believe are draft experts. Like Cameron Erving being a second round selection..!

Archived