THE BROWNS BOARD

Tour's Boy Connor Halliday Retires Before First Practice

wargograw

Maybe the kid had a solid job offer.

Go with a long shot or go with the sure thing.

very true.

or maybe he doesn't like DC? either way i'd hate to see him 2 years down the road regretting the fact that he didn't go the extra mile to fulfill his nfl dream, like many, many kids/men do.

Yeah my buddy Just finished his career at Pitt. Started two years and decided to not even pursue the NFL, opting instead for a pretty Cush medical sales job. I too hope he doesn't regret it but I'm guessing he will.

This is the UDFA QB from Washington State. Pretty strange. (And no I'm not calling you out Tour just giving people a frame of reference.)

http://mweb.cbssports.com/fantasy/fantasy-football/update/25187348/redskins-rookie-qb-connor-halliday-retires-before-first-practice

Wouldn't mind at all.... if he actually had been "my boy"... unless mentioning him once in passing qualifies for "boyhood".

Let me know when Petty quits...

Tour was wrong? Oh my!

It's happened... Just not this time dick breath...

Very strange. Halliday had all those stats, and

his film, you have to watch a bunch of it to know

he ...

retired???

Sunofabatch....

Did this guy have serious concussion issues.....like the 49er LB that quit after one year? Or maybe he had some other diagnosis, like the Big C or something.

Or, maybe, being from Washington State, he said two other things: A. "I want to go play for the Browns where all my Wazoo boys are going" or B. "I don't want to be out there with the reputation as the next Ryan Leaf"....though he should not have feared. There was a guy by the name of Alex Brink QB Wash. St. drafted in the 7th round in 2008 by the Texans.....but he never threw a pass in the NFL.

Maybe he figured that was his fate so said, forget it.

Ah, the Browns Board - where a person voluntarily retiring renders your scouting as erroneous.

If Andrew Luck retired tomorrow, I guess all of those guys who predicted he'd be a great NFL pro would be wrong.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

More a general commentary on the status of this board than a reference to your post. The fact that you had to qualify your post with a disclaimer about NOT calling Tour out is what my comment alludes to, not your post itself.

This is a place where factions are formed and held until forever. There's still a BQ/DA argument happening somewhere on here to this day, I'm sure.

Wouldn't mind at all.... if he actually had been "my boy"..Let me know when Petty quits...

Well....Petty - Halliday......at least they both have a Y.....I see the confusion

Ah, the Browns Board - where a person voluntarily retiring renders your scouting as erroneous.

More a general commentary on the status of this board than a reference to your post.

Basically turning into the Beavis and Butthead show......

Yeah my buddy Just finished his career at Pitt. Started two years and decided to not even pursue the NFL, opting instead for a pretty Cush medical sales job. I too hope he doesn't regret it but I'm guessing he will.

He wont regret it 20 years from now when he's well established in his career and family and his body and brain aren't broken down.

More a general commentary on the status of this board than a reference to your post. The fact that you had to qualify your post with a disclaimer about NOT calling Tour out is what my comment alludes to, not your post itself.

This is a place where factions are formed and held until forever. There's still a BQ/DA argument happening somewhere on here to this day, I'm sure.

The Quinn Fags finally surrendered.

Zombo

--Shep sent over a nice Cabernet and an apology

Archived