THE BROWNS BOARD

Erving at T?

Do Schwartz or Greco play any center? I'm assuming this guy means Erving is playing those spots exclusively ie. no center, which is odd.

Greco filled in, but productivity dropped off. The Schwartz has played nothing but RT. I've always said Schwartz is the weakest link by far, and will not be surprised at all if Erving beats him out

He had a few issues here and there. Against Vic Beasley, for one. And Perryman - two extremely quick lb's.

Not worried.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/4/28/8507877/kansas-city-chiefs-nfl-draft-crush-cam-erving-florida-state

I read a quick opinion piece about it that actually made sense. Just speculation here of course but they are giving him reps at LT/RT as that's the "hardest" position to transition to in the NFL. I wouldn't disagree with that overall and they may be working him outside in to see where he fits best.

Strange, he impresses the hell out of me - and that's just one video of him

playing left tackle ... in 2013 !

This is long - and I saw only one play where the pass rusher went around him on a speed rush. ONE PLAY.

He repeated at winning the Jacobs blocking trophy winning. The rest of their offense line had holes, bigtime.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/77853/erving-repeats-as-jacobs-blocking-trophy-winner

http://jacksonville.com/sports/college/florida-state-seminoles/2014-04-05/story/nfl-can-wait-fsu-offensive-lineman-cam

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2015/4/30/8522009/cam-erving-drafted-by-nfl-team-mascots-get-florida-state-center

Now, will Cam be a better OG on either side, a better C, a better RT? Sure, I guess. But even at LT, he rarely gives up a sack,

only played oline for two years I think it was - he was on the defensive side of the ball. He loves the game, high character,

is so good he can get to the second level to block on plays, at OT, whereever he is.

You know there are not many 6'6 centers in the league. Especially if that little person Johnny M. is playing QB. Could be an issue. cd

How many centers have you seen playing standing straight up? :mad:

Greco filled in, but productivity dropped off. The Schwartz has played nothing but RT. I've always said Schwartz is the weakest link by far, and will not be surprised at all if Erving beats him out

Can't let this go without reminding folks that McQuistan backfilled RG for John.

Strange, he impresses the hell out of me - and that's just one video of him

playing left tackle ... in 2013 !

This is long - and I saw only one play where the pass rusher went around him on a speed rush. ONE PLAY.

1. Watch more tape.

2. Don't judge results alone; judge how he looks getting those results.

I read a quick opinion piece about it that actually made sense. Just speculation here of course but they are giving him reps at LT/RT as that's the "hardest" position to transition to in the NFL. I wouldn't disagree with that overall and they may be working him outside in to see where he fits best.

I think it is more likely that they are seeing which is his natural side. Also filing away info for potential rotations necessitated by injury.

Now, will Cam be a better OG on either side, a better C, a better RT? Sure, I guess. But even at LT, he rarely gives up a sack, only played oline for two years I think it was - he was on the defensive side of the ball. He loves the game, high character, is so good he can get to the second level to block on plays, at OT, whereever he is.

How many sacks did he give up in 2013 at LT?

Can't say for sure about OG as have not seen him there, but given the difference between his LT and C performances it's a good bet that he's better inside.

Cam's strength is that he gets to the 2nd level. He is very fluid. When Mack went down that was what we lost at the Center position. It is also Mitch's greatest weakness at RT and gives Cam a shot of taking over the RT job, but is only one facet of the job and Mitch did the others quite well in 2014.

We shall see...

1. Watch more tape. Tour

I'll have to dwell in my ignorance, eh? The old farmer friend - the township is going to clean out the

"crick", and he gave me all the trees along it to cut down and have for firewood. I already took out

12 bigger ones, and cut them all up. And, 20 of em set aside to cut up later. A couple of them,

I can't move with the tractor. And we have to plant our giant garden with the big plants in the greenhouse.

etc etc etc. The pros are a different deal, Swartz found that out. Cool thing about Cam - the major weakness of the

Browns' oline - he will make into a strength. He's no Joe Thomas - not but one or two LT's in the NFL are.

We'll see. Meanwhile, I think I'd love to buy a Browns jersey with all the favorite players' numbers and names on it....

You know there are not many 6'6 centers in the league. Especially if that little person Johnny M. is playing QB. Could be an issue. cd

How many centers have you seen playing standing straight up? :mad:

Who's taller a 6'6 center bent over to maybe 6'1, or a 6'1 center bent over to maybe 5'9? It's all the same bro. Johnny stands 5'11 on a good day with shoes. Still might be an issue.

Also physics says when two objects collide from diferent directions, they will either stand up, or sink down which is what happens a lot when pass blocking.

I don't know why people insist on exaggerating in order to tear a guy down when the facts are solid and well established. Johnny is 5'11 3/4". That was measured at the combine where I believe they go barefoot.

I do agree a 6'6" center could be an issue.

I think the one big piece we were missing last year on the oline was a super sub. When Mack went down, well you all saw it too.

I think McQuistan was supposed to be said super sub. But he sucked donkey dick.

So if l were a betting man that's how l would bet Cam starts his pro career, as a non donkey dick sucking super sub.

Say that 3 times real fast.

it's gotta be nice to have new toys to play with...

had Mack not gone down, who believes we still go 7-9 last year?

we lost Buster Skreene, Jordan Cameron, Atyba Rubin...who else? bess? fuck that asshole he's addition by subtraction, as is losing V.2014 afraid-to-stand-up-to-his-peers-formerly-elite-currently-knuckleheaded josh "grand bastard flash" gordon.

returning healthy we get back a trim, toned and svelte (and no doubt rock effing solid) Alex Mack, Tashaun ballhawk Gipson, a perpetually underachieving Phil Taylor who just might FINALLY live up to his draft status, Killer K'uan Williams...

rookies are now vets. hell even last year's #1 pick might show me enough to get his name typed out this year (if ur reading this u don't even deserve being typed lower case yet homey! GET IT THE FUCK TOGETHER, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! that's 11 exclamation points bro, and i meant em all! make me buy ur fuckin jersey, dick!)

in my opinion, we just had one of the best drafts since the return. yet to be seen, but maybe THE best. i absolutely loved it.

bottom line, and this isn't just on paper, they are a better team today than they were a month ago. even w a "?" at TE.

and whether it's versatility, talent, or simply bein a non donkey dick sucking super sub, Cam Erving has a lot to do with solving the puzzle.

I don't know why people insist on exaggerating in order to tear a guy down when the facts are solid and well established. Johnny is 5'11 3/4". That was measured at the combine where I believe they go barefoot.

Wouldn't folks inclined to exaggerate say he's taller than he is?

midget, fidget or fadget..... this is his make or break year. if the coaches and FO don't see that he can play at the NFL level (in practice) then he'll prob be a 5' 113/4" not-worthy-of-much trade piece after the season.

I don't care about that so much as using actual figures that are demonstrably false.

I hear Johnny was seen back in bars over the weekend. Reported on local radio.

But, honestly, I don't care. He is not my friend or family and I don't care if he goes to bars and boozes it up.

Mickey Mantle and Joe Namath went to bars and boozed it up.....and they won football games. If Johnny can do that and win, more power to him. If he can ONLY play good QB by staying clean and sober, yes, that is what I would want. But if the opposite is true, that is fine with me.

Right now, honestly, I don't think any Browns fan should have any skin in the Johnny Manziel game. He should essentially be viewed as a Taxi Squad player that may or may not have some future value. No Browns fan should place any faith or reliability in the teams future on him. If he makes it, great. If not....he is just another of the litany of QBs that can go elsewhere and fail as badly in those places as he did here. (after all....name ONE of all those 22 starting QBs that left here to have a viable career.....none did. Colt McCoy has had a few starts, that's it. He can join McCoy/Frye/Quinn/Weeden/etc. etc. etc. on the pine.

We have about as much future it seems with Connor Shaw or Thad Lewis as with this guy.

Call us when he does anything.

I hear Johnny was seen back in bars over the weekend. Reported on local radio.

But, honestly, I don't care. He is not my friend or family and I don't care if he goes to bars and boozes it up.

Mickey Mantle and Joe Namath went to bars and boozed it up.....and they won football games.

How many football games did Mickey Mantle win?

Colt McCoy has had a few starts, that's it. He can join McCoy/Frye/Quinn/Weeden/etc. etc. etc. on the pine.

PoG is grabbing at his chest right now....

LOL

As you might expect The Mick was a great football player as well...but gave it up. Here is the wiki quote on his football career:

Mantle was an all-around athlete at Commerce High School, playing basketball as well as football (he was offered a football scholarship by the University of Oklahoma) in addition to his first love, baseball. His football playing nearly ended his athletic career, and indeed his life. Kicked in the left shin during a practice game during his sophomore year, Mantle's left ankle soon became infected with osteomyelitis, a crippling disease that was incurable just a few years earlier. A midnight drive to Tulsa, Oklahomaenabled him to be treated with newly available penicillin, saving his swollen left leg from amputation.[7]

As you might expect The Mick was a great football player as well...but gave it up. Here is the wiki quote on his football career:

Mantle was an all-around athlete at Commerce High School, playing basketball as well as football (he was offered a football scholarship by the University of Oklahoma) in addition to his first love, baseball. His football playing nearly ended his athletic career, and indeed his life. Kicked in the left shin during a practice game during his sophomore year, Mantle's left ankle soon became infected with osteomyelitis, a crippling disease that was incurable just a few years earlier. A midnight drive to Tulsa, Oklahomaenabled him to be treated with newly available penicillin, saving his swollen left leg from amputation.[7]

Im sure he was quite the football player but would seem that he won even less football games in the NFL than Colt McCoy! :D:P

Im sure he was quite the football player but would seem that he won even less football games in the NFL than Colt McCoy! :D:P

In their prime as an athlete, I would have had the Browns traded McCoy straight up for The Mick....and taken my chances on converting him to a football player.

You can't exaggerate on the other side?

Probably.... but to avoid confusion that should be called "de-aggerate".

Archived