THE BROWNS BOARD

2016 NFL Mock....look who has the first pick ....

darren15

Conner Cook? Really? compare those stats with these.

Cook

58 percent of his passes in 2014 for 3,214 yards with 24 touchdowns and eight interceptions

59 percent of his passes2013 for 2,755 yards with 22 touchdowns and six interceptions

Manziel

69 percent of his passes in 2013 for 4,114 yds with 37 TDs and 13 ints

68 percent of his passes in 2012 for 3,706 yds with 26 TDs and 9 ints

Add in another total of 2100+ yards running for 30 more TD's to JM's stats there.

Cook is also 6'4", 220 lb. and, at the time of being drafted, will have had a wealth of experience in a Pro-style offense.

Couple that with his nearly immaculate intangibles and you can see why he's not only favored by most over Manziel, but every QB in his draft class as well.

If Cook continues his progression, he could be a very, very good NFL QB. If Cook plateaus this season, I'd say he's still at least a serviceable starter/absolutely exceptional backup.

I'm very intrigued by Cook at this point in time. To compare him to this year's class, he's basically a taller, slightly more athletic Garrett Grayson who's played against stiffer competition. Considering as my only knocks against Grayson were his athleticism and his competition, you can see why I, at least, seem to like Cook.

F-U Walter. This is the same Bozo who said, and I quote "Three first round picks, and a second was the correct price to pay for RG III" You may now eat s**t Walter.

Does this mouth breathing mongoloid seriously think this is the worst Browns team since 2000 (the last time the Browns selected #1 overall)?

I don't see any way in hell the Browns are only going to win 2-3 games this year. The D will be far, far too good.

Pettine would likely be gone before Farmer. Farmer is probably given somewhat of a leash because his drafting and FA pickups have been both fiscally and physically solid.

With Textgate that Leash should be tight. Can't Act Dumb and Don't Know in that Position. Yes he can find talent, But now it's time to Win more Games with it. My hope 8-8 but with more Division Wins I love 10-6.. QB play will be a Big Key..

The guy I think blows up this year and creeps up into 1st round consideration is Gunner Kiel.

He has an absolute rocket and he's really accurate, also makes great reads.

He ripped Ohio State apart for a good part of that game

I'm liking the Bearcat love.

Gunner is really good. He throws a nice deep ball and can thread the needle when he has to. I remember watching his first game of the year and thinking, "wow, so that's why he was a former #1 HS recruit."This kind of got him into trouble later in the season when he started making more risky throws. He also had quite a few injuries last year, but he also played through a lot of them. I believe he had some broken ribs for a majority of the season.

Fortunately for Cincy, the entire contributing offense returns this year. The defense will be garbage, but I could see us putting up 35-40+ points per game easy if we operate anything like last season.

With Textgate that Leash should be tight. Can't Act Dumb and Don't Know in that Position. Yes he can find talent, But now it's time to Win more Games with it. My hope 8-8 but with more Division Wins I love 10-6.. QB play will be a Big Key..

Farmer's job isn't to win games, that's what got him in trouble to begin with.

i gotta a cold 6 that says even if they go 3 and 13 pettine is NOT gone after the year.

that's easy money in my eyes.

too many doubters and criers on this board.

yep, I agree....he's not going anywhere anytime soon......

And I have a cold 6 that says there is no way we go only 3-13.......just aint gonna happen.....

Archived