THE BROWNS BOARD

Odell Beckham Jr. gets Madden cover

WalterWhite

Well deserved, good luck and fuck the curse.

and to be honest I don't believe in the Madden curse.

Players get injured because they play a violent game, not because their picture is on a video game. It's like the people who swear that white lighters are bad luck. You didn't get caught smoking weed at the park because your lighter was white, but instead because you were breaking the law in public...

Your QB is a Graduate from Old Miss. It takes a Great WR to catch his inaccurate Shit. Hopefully Eli does not get Him Laid Out...How he ever won a SB just throw it up to Tyree..

Your QB is a Graduate from Old Miss. It takes a Great WR to catch his inaccurate Shit. Hopefully Eli does not get Him Laid Out...How he ever won a SB just throw it up to Tyree..

Two superbowls

Two superbowls

Borderline HOF right now?

Or do you put him in the Jim Plunkett category.....the only QB with 2 SB wins to not be HOF?

(and note these other two qbs to be the only ones to start 2 QBs who are not in: Joe Theisman...1 win 1 loss, and Craig Morton...2 losses.

(and by this I assume that Brady/Warner/BR/Peyton/Favre are all getting in)

Borderline HOF right now?

Or do you put him in the Jim Plunkett category.....the only QB with 2 SB wins to not be HOF?

(and note these other two qbs to be the only ones to start 2 QBs who are not in: Joe Theisman...1 win 1 loss, and Craig Morton...2 losses.

(and by this I assume that Brady/Warner/BR/Peyton/Favre are all getting in)

He's way to up and down for me currently. I believe this past season he lead the league in interceptions.

He needs a couple more good years then I'd put him in the Hall.

The real enigma is Tony Romo. He probably only needs one ring to get in.

I totally disagree on Romo. He's gonna need to have some consistency in the playoffs plus a ring. As it stands right now he's known more for choking than anything else.

Both Giant SB's against Pats, Giants Defense wins Championships, While Eli Plays not to lose. Realize Eli won MVP but his WR play was Bigger IMO..

I totally disagree on Romo. He's gonna need to have some consistency in the playoffs plus a ring. As it stands right now he's known more for choking than anything else.

1 ring eliminates that. He played well in the playoffs last year. He has firm footholds in the record books that will only improve and already stole most franchise records from Aikman.

He needs a couple more good years then I'd put him in the Hall.

The real enigma is Tony Romo. He probably only needs one ring to get in.

I don't see where he has done anything to deserve it. Put up some numbers. No more so than have Bledsoe, Testaverde, Kerry Collins....and Collins and Bledsoe have even been in SBs.

Eli has is the same age as Romo...and has about 800 more completions, 6000 more yards, and about 30 more TDs.

Interestingly....Eli has more TDs, more yards, more completions than BR....and the same number of Super Bowl titles......yet everyone seems to believe that BR is a shoe in for the HOF where Eli is not.

Given just their comparative pure stats......Eli is right now a better HOF candidate than both BR and Rivers....and Romo.

Eli trails the others in terms of major passing stats only in Passer rating.....because he has more ints.

When you have more yards, more completions, more TDs.....and more Championships than the class you are compared with (Eli//Rivers/Romo) I think that you are at the head of that class.

Both Giant SB's against Pats, Giants Defense wins Championships, While Eli Plays not to lose. Realize Eli won MVP but his WR play was Bigger IMO..

Eli was absolutley clutch in those playoffs. Yes, his receivers made some great catches....but Eli did put those balls exactly where they needed to be for those catches to be possible.

To a certain degree, Eli outplayed, outclutched Brady in those head to head matchups. No one argues about Brady's credentials, yet Eli took him on twice and prevailed.

And ANY team that wins a title has a major contribution from their defense. If the defense doesn't contribute, then you can have John Elway playing QB and lose 55-10.

1 ring eliminates that. He played well in the playoffs last year. He has firm footholds in the record books that will only improve and already stole most franchise records from Aikman.

Aikman has 3 titles....and had a shortened career. He won't be compared to Aikman. He will be compared to 4 other QBs....3 of whom were drafted the same year he was: Eli, BR, Rivers, and Carson Palmer, drafted one year ahead of when Romo came out. Here is where he stacks up statistically out of those 5:

Completions:

1. Eli

2. BR

3. Rivers

4. Palmer

5. Romo

Yards:

1. Eli

2. BR

3. Rivers

4. Palmer

5. Romo

TDs:

1. Eli

2. Rivers

3. BR

4. Romo

5. Palmer

Yards per game:

1. Rivers

2. BR

3. Palmer

4. Eli

5. Romo

Passer rating:

1. Romo

2. Rivers

3. BR

4. Palmer

5. Eli

Well I stand corrected. I'm man enough to do that. I thought he had higher spots in the record books.

Eli's questions surround his inconsistency outside of his two SB years. Ben has been much more consistent generally.

I picked Beckham up off waivers and put him on all my fantasy teams. Gonna be hard to get him this year. Of course there's Dorial Green Beckham.

Eli was absolutley clutch in those playoffs. Yes, his receivers made some great catches....but Eli did put those balls exactly where they needed to be for those catches to be possible.

To a certain degree, Eli outplayed, outclutched Brady in those head to head matchups. No one argues about Brady's credentials, yet Eli took him on twice and prevailed.

And ANY team that wins a title has a major contribution from their defense. If the defense doesn't contribute, then you can have John Elway playing QB and lose 55-10.

Ok you win, but did you really have to go John Elway here. Never heard of this Elway fella, please band from all post in future this WayEl fella ;)...

Well I stand corrected. I'm man enough to do that. I thought he had higher spots in the record books.

Eli's questions surround his inconsistency outside of his two SB years. Ben has been much more consistent generally.

Except...as I note, Eli has more yards/TDs/Completions for his career than BR and the others. So he obviously hasn't just been good in a couple of postseasons. He has in fact been more consistently productive than the peers with which he should most rightly be compared.

Ok you win, but did you really have to go John Elway here. Never heard of this Elway fella, please band from all post in future this WayEl fella ;)...

OK, Well, I used Elway as an example of an obviously great QB who didn't get the support of his defense. And to make the point that a great QB alone does not get you a title.

Take BR. He got a title when he was young and not a very good QB....because he had a great team around him. Yet he became a great QB and was the main cog in winning a title (but still had a good defense).

Well, as noted, the one high spot he holds is passer rating.

And....to be fair to him, recall, he was an undrafted FA....not a first round pick like BR/Eli/Rivers/Carson. He had to claw his way up to being a starting QB, whereas those others were fairly well ordained to be starters from the onset of their careers. Romo probably had to sit a year or two where the others didn't....so the others got a head start on him in terms of total production....yards/completions/TDs etc.....so naturally he may be lagging behind those others in overall numbers.

Hoping for Teamplay 3 v 3 in Madden 16, fun times...

Archived