• Confucius say, man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day long
  • Confucius say, couple on seven day honeymoon make whole week
  • Confucius say, woman who go camping must beware of evil intent
  • Confucius say, squirrel who runs up woman's leg not find nuts
  • Confucius say, man who run before bus get tired
  • Confucius say, man who run behind bus get exhausted
  • Confucius say, man with tool in woman's mouth not necessarily dentist
  • Confucius say, man who make love on side of hill not on level
  • Confucius say, sex is like the army, the closer you are to discharge, the better you feel
  • Confucius say, man with tight trousers is pressing his luck
  • Confucius say, man who stand on toilet high on pot
  • Confucius say, man who eat crackers in bed wake up feeling crummy
  • Confucius say, man with hand in pocket all day not crazy, just feeling nuts

Made my night bro. Good stuff.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see Tomlin telling his team to play like a Pittsburgh Steeler...maintaining that tenacious, hard hitting tradition, from James Harrison, Polamalu, and Hines Ward, back to Gregg Lloyd and Rod Woodson, back to Mean Joe Greene and Jack Lambert.

To say "play like a brown" sounds kind of empty, there are no players linking these browns to the 1950's....especially being whatever link that may have existed was broken in 1995.

No, it wasn't asswipe. All 1995 was was a turnover in ownership for the franchise.....like half the teams that have changed ownership since then.

All of the following teams have had a complete ownership change since 1995 (I exclude teams that stayed in families where the owner died....like the Chiefs/Raiders etc., or where there was an internal family transition, like the 49ers)

Ravens

Falcons

Bills

Jags

Dolphins

Vikings

Jets

Seahawks

Rams

Redskins

so if the Browns have no connection to history....then none of these teams do either.

No, it wasn't asswipe. All 1995 was was a turnover in ownership for the franchise.....like half the teams that have changed ownership since then.

All of the following teams have had a complete ownership change since 1995 (I exclude teams that stayed in families where the owner died....like the Chiefs/Raiders etc., or where there was an internal family transition, like the 49ers)

Ravens

Falcons

Bills

Jags

Dolphins

Vikings

Jets

Seahawks

Rams

Redskins

so if the Browns have no connection to history....then none of these teams do either.

None of these teams experienced a two year hangover in between ownership changes. Nor did any of these teams leave their city. The Browns did, that's the main difference.

The franchise stayed, the team left.

Except the Ravens. Fuck the Ravens.

None of these teams experienced a two year hangover in between ownership changes. Nor did any of these teams leave their city. The Browns did, that's the main difference.

The franchise stayed, the team left.

Except the Ravens. Fuck the Ravens.

None of them had an inactive period, no. But with some of the ownership groups for some of those teams, they would have been better off having an inactive period, fair to say?

And the trolls point had nothing to do with that. He said something like "today's players don't have a link to the Browns players of the 50s/60s". Well, no fucking shit Sherlock....but that has nothing to do with the franchise being inactive for a bit. Today's players for the most part don't know diddley about the history of their team, their league. Example: most of the players on the Steelers today were not with the team a recently as 2008 when they won that last title. Those new Steeler players probably care no more about the Steelers 2008 title than today's Browns players care about the 1964 title. (Besides BR, who is still left?) So "connection" to history is not in the DNA of most current NFL players....and it is foolish to point out the Browns as being a franchise whose players don't have connection to history.

Think about it: Today's Cleveland Browns players might actually have more connection to the team's history than ANY other NFL franchise.

Why? Because they wear the name of the team's founder and legendary coach and its greatest player on their uniform every time they suit up. NO other franchise can claim that.

But, nevertheless....fuck the Ravens. (for no other reason than that they are a division rival)

One thing is clear - Art Model is an idiot. He had the best coach of a generation in belichick, and the best GM in a generation in Ozzie. Keep those two together, and, well, picture a cleveland browns team that combines the ravens and patriots in terms of success.

One thing is clear - Art Model is an idiot. He had the best coach of a generation in belichick, and the best GM in a generation in Ozzie. Keep those two together, and, well, picture a cleveland browns team that combines the ravens and patriots in terms of success.

Having those guys to run the football team however had no effect on his ineptitude at running the franchise financially.

Well I'm off to Maui and Kauai for the next couple of weeks so won't be throwing in my $.02 worth until May 31. I'll try to avoid that shark that has killed two people just offshore of Maui in the past month. I do love to snorkel though so guess I'll make sure a slower swimmer is with me. LOL! :ph34r:

A. Don't do what I did, swim offshore following a sea turtle,

til the ocean floor disappeared.

B. The La Haina resort luau is famous. The poi is terrible, because it's....poi.

C. We had a scedule conflict, and didn't get to, but consider the helicopter ride

through the "grand canyon" of Hawaii on Kaui - i thinks it's Waimea canyon.

I really wish we had done that. The tape is beautiful.

D. Also consider the 500 foot down submarine ride off Maui, and the long, winding drive

up the Haleukala mtn and watch the sun come up. Wait, maybe it's only 250 feet. It's

a minisub.

Have a camera with you at all times. Have fun.

Hawaii is magic.

Well I'm off to Maui and Kauai for the next couple of weeks so won't be throwing in my $.02 worth until May 31. I'll try to avoid that shark that has killed two people just offshore of Maui in the past month. I do love to snorkel though so guess I'll make sure a slower swimmer is with me. LOL! :ph34r:

My Maui tips:

A. If you do your snorkeling at Kapalua Beach in Maui you should be OK. It is a fabulous beach and the lagoon is protected by a reef.

B. Cal is right. Get your butt up to the top of Haleakala and watch the sunrise. It is the most spectacular I have ever seen. And if you can take the bike ride down.....from 11,000 feet to sea level you will only have to pedal once or twice.

C. Obviously you have to do the road to Hana.

D. Go upland to Ulupalakua and see the stuff there including the koi farm and the winery at Ulupalakua

E. I am not sure that any one luau is really any better than any other.

Archived