THE BROWNS BOARD

Eric Metcalf and Eric Turner.

SkippinTurtles

E Rock is still my favorite Browns player. The dude played the game the way it should be played, and to top it off, he was a local kid.

Metcalf was a good player, who I also liked - as long as he wasn't asked to go up the middle.

Both were great. Metcalf's 2 punt returns in the same game vs Pitt got the old stadium as loud as it could get. Plus, he nearly broke a Bengals player's ankles on a cutback TD run on MNF. The guy could really make things happen.

Turner was fantastic, his life cut way too short by cancer. I believe Turner was the guy who stopped Jay Novacek at the goal line in Dalls, 1994, to save the game and clinch a playoff birth for the Browns. What a defense they had back then, just couldn't beat the Squealers (0-3 that year).

Turner was a great player from our "move era". Rare combo of a ball hawk and a hitter...

Metcalf... He never really found a home in an offense... and several teams took a shot at fitting him in theirs. Were it not for his ST exploits, and they were considerable, he'd barely be remembered.

I have a picture of Eric Turner in Berea, on the field stretching before practice. He was a vicious hitter, a ball hawk and a hell of a patriot of the Browns.

Metcalf was exciting. Each time he touched the ball he had the ability to go yard. When Belichik was asked why he hands the ball off from the backfield to Metcalf so much, given that most of the time he gets squashed, Bill said something to the effect of "because when something opens for him, it is exciting.

This thread illustrates my contempt for the post Modell Browns. We continually draft high in the first round, and we never take the best prospects. We never take the game changers.

These guys were both great Browns players.

Except, of course, that is what they think they are doing. It just hasn't turned out that way.

E Rock is still my favorite Browns player. The dude played the game the way it should be played, and to top it off, he was a local kid.

Metcalf was a good player, who I also liked - as long as he wasn't asked to go up the middle.

Local to where? Not here. He was from like LA or near there.

Ventura apparently:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=eric%20turner

I have a picture of Eric Turner in Berea, on the field stretching before practice. He was a vicious hitter, a ball hawk and a hell of a patriot of the Browns.

Metcalf was exciting. Each time he touched the ball he had the ability to go yard. When Belichik was asked why he hands the ball off from the backfield to Metcalf so much, given that most of the time he gets squashed, Bill said something to the effect of "because when something opens for him, it is exciting.

This thread illustrates my contempt for the post Modell Browns. We continually draft high in the first round, and we never take the best prospects. We never take the game changers.

These guys were both great Browns players.

I wouldnt call Metcalf great.. He was not an every down back.. just an exciting player belichick misued.

Local to me

Everybody's local to somebody.

The most famous person that came from the same town as me founded the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. That don't mean I can get a free blimp ride.

The second most famous was a Playboy Bunny. That don't mean I can get a fuck by her.

Everybody's local to somebody.

The most famous person that came from the same town as me founded the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. That don't mean I can get a free blimp ride.

I'm sure you'd love a free blimp ride ;) I was simply making the point that I knew who E Rock was all the way back in his high school days, so when the Browns drafted him and had there of been an internet, my screen name would have been along the lines of the A&M fanboys of yesteryear.

I'm sure you'd love a free blimp ride ;) I was simply making the point that I knew who E Rock was all the way back in his high school days, so when the Browns drafted him and had there of been an internet, my screen name would have been along the lines of the A&M fanboys of yesteryear.

I would more like to get fucked by Sandra Hubby while taking a blimp ride. That would be sweet.

If I am not mistaken 1 was a punt return, the other was a kickoff return.

No, both were punt returns, I was there. If I knew how to paste a link, I would.

No, both were punt returns, I was there. If I knew how to paste a link, I would.

Bob is correct! I'll never forget it.

I had cake on that game with an outspoken Steeler fan at work. Fun guy just bad taste in football team. Anyway, words can't even describe how much fun the next few weeks were...

To be honest, the assessments of Metcalf in here are accurate. Never really found a home in our offense but later became a pretty slot receiver in Atlanta and San Diego. That said, he helped win some big games on special teams. I was at our playoff game vrs the Buffalo Bills when Buffalo's passing game started heating up with the no huddle. As momentum swung their way, Metcalf returned a kickoff for a TD to help keep the game winning points on our side before Clay Matthews would intercept Kelly at the goal line to seal the deal.

Eric Turner was sensational! Anyone remember our playoff game vrs the NE Patriots? There was a go-to guy Bledsoe counted on almost exclusively TE Ben Coates. The game plan put Eric Turner in charge of him and he pretty much delivered a shut-out to help us win the only playoff game we've celebrated after Kosar left. Great instincts, ferocious hitter with a productive resume.

Gotta say E-Rock was definitely a favorite of mine too. Loved everything about his game. And we just passed the 30th anniversary of Don Rogers passing...(wow....has it been that long???).....another safety that "would have" been one of the all time greats.......

Eric Metcalf?.....meh......yes, he was a great returner. But as a first round running back, I was always waiting for him to break out.....and it never really happened.....A great talent that really never reached his full potential

Eric Metcalf was a good player, I have plenty of BROWNS games on dvd to go back and watch all those players of the past. I like to re watch those days of old. I have games on dvd going back to the 1970 1st MNF game.

Archived