THE BROWNS BOARD

Change Is Coming..

tampadawgs

Leave the damn uniforms alone! No logo on the helmet either! Awwww poor little younger generation needs to have flashy uniforms to get behind their team! Too effin' bad! It's football! Not a fashion show! If you're not going to support your hometeam, along with the name history and colors that Cleveland Browns fans fought to keep, then go cheer for another team!

Oh, I wouldn't mind some changes to the uniforms themselves. I have seen some good looking mockups at various times on here. But, obviously the Browns/White/Orange color scheme must stay....and absolutely no helmet logo.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I wouldn't mind some changes to the uniforms themselves. I have seen some good looking mockups at various times on here. But, obviously the Browns/White/Orange color scheme must stay....and absolutely no helmet logo.

I agree. Any of the mocks above would work just fine for me.

I prefer white on white, but if some of the examples shown fired up a new generation of fan who hasn't been able to get fired up over the play, then so be it.

Our helmet is unique. That better not change.

ClevelandBrowns.jpg

Roo the middle uni is awesome as an alternate, nice job on all of them really.

honestly i might even like a white top/brown pants based upon what i see here.

Screen_Shot_2011-09-11_at_9.50.47_AM.png

i don't mind admitting an alternate brown matte logo-less helmet with striping of thin white, wide orange, thin white might have the power to get me cheering slightly louder ballpeen. but only on occasion, of course.....wide open can only sustain turbo for short intervals. :-)

Leave the damn uniforms alone! No logo on the helmet either! Awwww poor little younger generation needs to have flashy uniforms to get behind their team! Too effin' bad! It's football! Not a fashion show! If you're not going to support your hometeam, along with the name history and colors that Cleveland Browns fans fought to keep, then go cheer for another team!

It's not that I need flashy uniforms to get behind the team, it's that every time I see that orange helmet,lewis_black-thumb-180x224.jpgIT REMINDS ME OF LOSING!!!!! Sometimes change can be a good thing. Just sayin'.

Where's Tampa? Gee- your "inside info" was a crock. Us oldsters AHEM- had it right all along. Those Nike mockups were all bullshit too.

My mockups were just ideas I had to change the uniform up a bit. They were in no way based on fact/rumors. If you don't like my ideas I respect your opinion, I just think you could have had a better choice of words than "bullshit."

I believe Tampa was the one commenting about the silver helmets, radical changes etc. I repeated told him not to expect anything drastic for this season and he didn't believe me. Now with a new owner the topic has resurfaced a few times and Haslam has stating he will do some research and even hire focus groups to decide the look of the Browns going forward. Does this mean change? Who knows. But it has become a possibility.

4. Uniform lacks what 2010 and beyond is all about. People want to wear something that they think is "Cool"

If the Browns went to more of a updated look, we will draw the younger generation. Kids DO NOT WANT TO WEAR BROWN. The Browns are working on a change.

Brown is definately a homely color, but your team is called the BROWNS so your uniforms have to include that color. You are never going to have the "coolest" uniform on the block, so get over it.

I personally think the browns uniform is the single best on the league. Brown and orange scream football, and calls to mind autumn, which is both football time and the best time of the year. The worst uniform is easily the seahawks followed by jacksonville, Carolina Miami and cincinatti. All awful. The hated steelers and ravens are both among the best.

It's not that I need flashy uniforms to get behind the team, it's that every time I see that orange helmet,lewis_black-thumb-180x224.jpgIT REMINDS ME OF LOSING!!!!! Sometimes change can be a good thing. Just sayin'.

Hey I'm cool with the above referenced mock ups. Don't screw with the helmet. You know what the helmet reminds me of? A great football tradition. Unfortunately as of late the players filling the uniforms have been making a mockery of that once great tradition! Change the players, and the personnel! Don't significantly change the uniform, or color scheme! And especially don't screw with the helmet!!! Again, if all of these young folks need to have "flashy" go root for another team!

Other Uniform Thoughts: I think all teams in the AFC North should be required to have blockly numbers (just because they give a feeling of hard-hitting old-school football). Further, I think the NFL and other sports leagues should loosen up the AWAY uniform rules to include other colors besides white.

1) Yellow/Tan

2) Silver/Grey

3) Orange (any shade)

4) Light Blue (i.e. Carolina/Tennessee)

Obviously, these colors would then be restricted from being used a base colors for the HOME jersey.

Brown is definately a homely color, but your team is called the BROWNS so your uniforms have to include that color. You are never going to have the "coolest" uniform on the block, so get over it.

We already have the coolest uniforms on the block (as long as they stay away from the Brown or orange pants). The basic white on white, or brown jersey over white pants is classic.

And the logoless helmet is the ultimate in cool. It is the Fonzi of NFL helmets, like wearing blue jeans and a white T-shirt.

Who needs stars or animals or chevrons or hypocycloids or asteroids or lightning bolts etc.

This is a football team, not a zoo or a space agency.

(Though, the Browns Seal Brown jersey color was chosen because it was the same as the WWII bomber jackets.

Other Uniform Thoughts: I think all teams in the AFC North should be required to have blockly numbers (just because they give a feeling of hard-hitting old-school football). Further, I think the NFL and other sports leagues should loosen up the AWAY uniform rules to include other colors besides white.

1) Yellow/Tan

2) Silver/Grey

3) Orange (any shade)

4) Light Blue (i.e. Carolina/Tennessee)

Obviously, these colors would then be restricted from being used a base colors for the HOME jersey.

In baseball you have the traditional "Road Grays", but that is no requirement. The Indians will often play in blue jerseys, and even Red when on the road. It would not hurt to have something other than white for road jerseys....as long as those were clearly distinguishable from the home team jerseys. I mean, I guess say, if the Browns wore their Brown tops at home the Steelers could wear those sickly yellow jerseys. I am sure there may be some more attractive combinations than that.

We already have the coolest uniforms on the block (as long as they stay away from the Brown or orange pants). The basic white on white, or brown jersey over white pants is classic.

And the logoless helmet is the ultimate in cool. It is the Fonzi of NFL helmets, like wearing blue jeans and a white T-shirt.

Who needs stars or animals or chevrons or hypocycloids or asteroids or lightning bolts etc.

This is a football team, not a zoo or a space agency.

(Though, the Browns Seal Brown jersey color was chosen because it was the same as the WWII bomber jackets.

I have no issue with the orange pants. My first recollection of the Cleveland Browns was during the Kardiac Kids era. I wouldn't mind them mixed in from time to time. Different strokes for different folks. Absolutely no logo on the helmet, nor should they change the color of the helmet, or the striping. Nope, not even a bulldog, a "C" or the elf on the side!

Hi all, I'm a die hard Packer fan but I always had an affinity to the Browns. Years ago the Pack and the Browns had some terrific games against each other and I always felt like the Browns and the Packers were the old fashioned, blue collar teams.

I really hope Holmgren can turn you guys into a winning team again. (except of course when you play us)

Good luck this year.

Dave

Archived