Tailgate for TAMU alums?

drjaytamu

Howdy Browns fans,

I'm a graduate of Texas A&M University and a buddy and I are coming into town to see the Browns take on the Texans on Sunday, Nov. 16th.

Though when we first booked the trip we were hoping to see Manziel play, if you handle the Texans (and their thrown-into-the-fire starter Mallett) like I think you will, maybe we'll get to see him in a mop-up role at the end.

But as for the beginning ... we are staying in Playhouse Square area and were wanting to walk over to First Energy early and tailgate before the game next Sunday.

Anybody have a tailgate that has room for two more (especially if we are wearing #2 jerseys)?

Tailgating is legendary here at Kyle Field, but really wanted the true game day experience (along with cold weather and some cold beers) before y'all B.T.H.O. the Texans.

Looking forward to the trip, the game, and if we don't see some of you at a tailgate before the game, maybe we can visit with you in section 342.

Thanks!

J-

Howdy Browns fans,

I'm a graduate of Texas A&M University and a buddy and I are coming into town to see the Browns take on the Texans on Sunday, Nov. 16th.

Though when we first booked the trip we were hoping to see Manziel play, if you handle the Texans (and their thrown-into-the-fire starter Mallett) like I think you will, maybe we'll get to see him in a mop-up role at the end.

But as for the beginning ... we are staying in Playhouse Square area and were wanting to walk over to First Energy early and tailgate before the game next Sunday.

Anybody have a tailgate that has room for two more (especially if we are wearing #2 jerseys)?

Tailgating is legendary here at Kyle Field, but really wanted the true game day experience (along with cold weather and some cold beers) before y'all B.T.H.O. the Texans.

Looking forward to the trip, the game, and if we don't see some of you at a tailgate before the game, maybe we can visit with you in section 342.

Thanks!

J-

No one will get any grief wearing JFF jerseys. The best Tailgate action is in the Muni or Burke Lots just East of the Stadium. I'd say it's around a 10-15 minute walk from the Playhouse square area.

according to Ballpeen this guy throws a decent Tailgate. https://www.facebook.com/events/346969665465351/

The general lot rules are- don't act like a total drunken idiot. Though there's an "open container" rule, all that means is no visible bottles or cans. Put the beer or other adult beverage in a plastic cup. You'd probably just get warned before you'd get ticketed. You could drag you own 12 pack down to the lots and just hang out.

Howdy Browns fans,

Thanks!

J-

Better bring some winter clothing cause looks like it will be fairly cold next Sunday.

Howdy Browns fans,

Thanks!

J-

Contact Eric Barr at 860 707-0595, he is the organizer of a great tailgate in the Burke Lot that Hoorta mentioned in the post above. We are doing an all you can eat pot luck and all you can drink tailgate. On this board he goes by Sec537rules.

I haven't been to the Muni this year. I think this is the game I will make a walk through. If so, I will be sure to stop by and say hello.

You're going to be up 'Peen? May get a chance to meet. It was supposed to be me & Don and the wives- that may fall through, if it does, I may make a run down to the Flatiron. Shoot me a PM with your cell # I don't think I have it yet.

I'm bringing my 15 yr old twin step-sons to the game on Sunday as well. We are from Texas and my husband has worked at A&M for 20 years. We were hoping to see Manziel play as well but will be happy just enjoying the game. I've gone to some tailgating events before Texans games and for the most part they are family friendly. I'm assuming the same is true for Cleveland? Just want to make sure before I bring my boys out before the game!

I'm bringing my 15 yr old twin step-sons to the game on Sunday as well. We are from Texas and my husband has worked at A&M for 20 years. We were hoping to see Manziel play as well but will be happy just enjoying the game. I've gone to some tailgating events before Texans games and for the most part they are family friendly. I'm assuming the same is true for Cleveland? Just want to make sure before I bring my boys out before the game!

My perception is that while tailgating in Cleveland is generally "family friendly" that does not mean that you are immune from being exposed to raucous.....and often drunken behavior. Cleveland, in my opinion, is a bit of a livelier town. And you probably won't see Johnny play, but you may get a good look at him in one of these hats, if you like that:

61tX8PZCS2L._AA160_.jpg

You could say the Burke Lakefront Airport lot is more family friendly, join us in the Burke Lot, we will have a large contingent of people from Houston attending our tailgate, contact Eric Barr(section537rules) at 860 707-0595. I believe there will be approx 25 from Houston that will be joining our tailgate on Sunday.

Archived