THE BROWNS BOARD

TEAM AMERICA: World Cup

MLD Woody

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IIRC, Uruguay had a deep run last WC, final four I think. Forlan was a beast.

They beat Ghana on penalties in a very controversial match. Luis Suarez stopped a goal using his hand in the last minute. Penalty, red card, up steps Asamoah Gyan, who sends the ball over. Extra time over, penalty shoot out, which Uruguay win. Everyone condemned Suarez, shortly before everyone said they'd do exactly the same if they were in that position.

Here at The Browns Board, we have looked at the ever-evolving demographics and realized it is time to embrace soccer, and, specifically, the World Cup.

So we have set up a discussion room where you can discuss all of the ins and outs of exciting World Cup play and Soccer News.

Just click HERE

Admin.

They beat Ghana on penalties in a very controversial match. Luis Suarez stopped a goal using his hand in the last minute. Penalty, red card, up steps Asamoah Gyan, who sends the ball over. Extra time over, penalty shoot out, which Uruguay win. Everyone condemned Suarez, shortly before everyone said they'd do exactly the same if they were in that position.

OK, but answer honestly....what kind of kick in the ass would it be for Uruguay to win on Brazil soil? Or perhaps better yet: Argentina. What would be more embarassing?

Ohhhh, now I remember. Well, maybe he should have made the PK.

OK you soccer knuckleheads....handicap this weekends games. Who wins:

Today:

Brazil vs. Croatia

Friday:

Mexico vs. Cameroon

Spain vs. Netherlands

Chile vs. Australia

Saturday:

Columbia v. Greece

Uruguay v. Costa Rica

England vs. Italy

Ivory Coast vs. Japan

Sunday:

Switzerland vs. Ecuador

France vs. Honduras

Argentina vs. Bosnia

Here are the odds:

Brazil 11/4

Argentina 4/1

Germany 6/1

Spain 6/1

Belgium 20/1

Colombia 33/1

France 22/1

Italy 22/1

Uruguay 25/1

Holland 22/1

England 25/1

Netherlands 25/1

Portugal 25/1

Chile 40/1

Russia 100/1

Switzerland 125/1

Mexico 125/1

USA 100/1

Ecuador 150/1

Japan 150/1

Ivory Coast 125/1

Croatia 150/1

Bosnia-Herzegovina 150/1

Ghana 200/1

Greece 200/1

Nigeria 250/1

Australia 500/1

South Korea 300/1

Cameroon 500/1

Algeria 1000/1

Costa Rica 1000/1

Honduras 1500/1

Iran 1500/1

I took this from a sport betting site....my only confusion is that they have Holland at 22-1 and The Netherlands at 25-1....WTF?

Why the fuck would you talk about soccer on a Brown's football board? Good God!!!

Didn't you know that soccer was introduced to the US of A, by God, by the communists in order to pussify young American males? They are trying to take over our country and you fucks are falling for it.

Why the fuck would you talk about soccer on a Brown's football board? Good God!!!

Didn't you know that soccer was introduced to the US of A, by God, by the communists in order to pussify young American males? They are trying to take over our country and you fucks are falling for it.

So God's a communist?

Lol ... Have any of you actually clicked the link?

We just wanted the soccer homos to get excited for half a second.

Only the Browns Board goes out of its way to call a soccer homo a soccer homo.

Z

I never thought I'd see the day.

I'm glad some of you (or at least the admin) have come around. It's the biggest and most prestigious sporting event in the World which our national team (this should be reason enough to tune in) is participating in.

I mean how many random ass sports have you watched in the Olympics (Summer and especially Winter) just to root for Team USA?

yea, right. professional soccer in the USA is ranked beneath bowling and badminton in sports tv viewership. the pussification of american males can be attributed in part to the continued invasive marketing of a technology that brainwashes it users into thinking they can't live withouts it gadgets like that ipad in your pocket or your smart phone attached to your big ear.

OK, but answer honestly....what kind of kick in the ass would it be for Uruguay to win on Brazil soil? Or perhaps better yet: Argentina. What would be more embarassing?

Uruguary, without any doubt in my mind, because of the Maracanazo and the effect it still has on the team. The best possible scenario for Brazil at the world cup would be to play Uruguay in the final and beat them.

I never thought I'd see the day.

I'm glad some of you (or at least the admin) have come around. It's the biggest and most prestigious sporting event in the World which our national team (this should be reason enough to tune in) is participating in.

I mean how many random ass sports have you watched in the Olympics (Summer and especially Winter) just to root for Team USA?

You obviously didn't click where it said here.

continued invasive marketing of a technology that brainwashes it users into thinking they can't live withouts it gadgets like that ipad in your pocket or your smart phone attached to your big ear.

didn't a computer pass the test the other day of having human intelligence?

put the computer mind of darwin who won the computer vs. man competition on jeopardy on the body of a robot and THE MACHINES HAVE TAKEN OVER.

The bottom line for me is I respect soccer and can actually watch it when USA is playing because you know what? They don't dive like weenies. To be fair, I know a good number of guys who enjoy futbol and they hate the dive and fake injury crap probably more than we do. It's a shame because soccer could be a sport to watch but it's unbearable seeing guys get grazed and go down like they broke their neck.

The bottom line for me is I respect soccer and can actually watch it when USA is playing because you know what? They don't dive like weenies. To be fair, I know a good number of guys who enjoy futbol and they hate the dive and fake injury crap probably more than we do. It's a shame because soccer could be a sport to watch but it's unbearable seeing guys get grazed and go down like they broke their neck.

Sorry, I love soccer (I'm English, what do you expect?), but the players dive all over the place and it's disgraceful. See Fred's penalty from last night against Croatia, it's utterly shameful. It's a cancer on the game.

Sorry, I love soccer (I'm English, what do you expect?), but the players dive all over the place and it's disgraceful. See Fred's penalty from last night against Croatia, it's utterly shameful. It's a cancer on the game.

Yeah, I could be totally wrong but I honestly think the USA dives less because they know the shit they'll take from it here. I'm sure right now in Brazil most fans are saying, 'oh just part of the game'.

I read a very interesting op-ed piece in my local paper though (US again) about soccer that will likely get people here pissed off but makes sense. With the push away from football and other 'contact' sports, kids of this generation are going to be playing soccer more and more. However, we as Americans aren't going to settle for the dive crap and kids will be taught in the game to play hard and clean. I don't think football will ever be overtaken but it wouldn't surprise me at all if soccer becomes the 2nd or 3rd highest watched sport in the US in 15-20 years.

The big controversy in the opening game was that the Brazil team got some kind of penalty kick to score that put them ahead....but all the analysts said that play was wrong....that it was just a big flop on the part of the Brazil player.

My cousin....from England no less...has a name for soccer players: Preening Pansies. His words.

(but of course, we have our own floppers here as well....in basketball particularly. Dwane Wade just got fined for flopping. and what about in football those guys that fake injuries in order to stop the clock.)

Uruguary, without any doubt in my mind, because of the Maracanazo and the effect it still has on the team. The best possible scenario for Brazil at the world cup would be to play Uruguay in the final and beat them.

What is the Maracanazo...and why would it have an effect on the team

Archived