THE BROWNS BOARD

Cavs

Zombo

Congrats for the breaking of the curse! When I saw the Indians win in the walkoff earlier today I said to myself that this was an omen to the lifting of the curse on Cleveland. Great heart shown tonight! :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best Father's Day EVER!!!!

Curse Broken!!!!

Welcome Back Wonderful World!!!

This championship series was all about HEART. Congrats to everybody who roots

for the CAVS !!!!!!!!!!!

(the refs missed a few calls, but nothing out of the ordinary - they called a nice, fair game)

Well, my gut feeling was right, the Cavs WON!!!

We already have our Championship shirts. DVR'd the postgame & we headed to Dicks & bought 'em for all our Ohio kids & grandkids.

THANK YOU CAVS!!!

Mike

Oh shit ... I love you guys.

For the last ten years I have felt like an administrator.

For the last year, I have felt like one of you.

Tonight I feel like a champion.

I held women born and raised in Cleveland that cried like babies in my arms.

Never give up. Never give up.

Z

Could not believe it, but I cried too... tears of pure joy that were pent-up over 5 decades.

Then I poured a little 18 yo Glenmorangie... it tasted like victory.

What's everybody doing? My Naples Browns Backers are holding a watch party at a local sports bar.

I watched the Fumble and Game 7 in 97 alone so Im glad I will have a support group.

Already pumped ... and nervous.

I go back to 1970 Austin Carr, Bingo Smith and the gang ... grew up with a Carr poster on my wall... Let's do this!

Z

--Cavs are my #2 sports team behind Browns, and no one else is even close.

Sorry to be late to share in the joy. 10 hour road trip back from North Carolina- so I couldn't start watching on DVR until 10 PM.

warriors keep hitting threes, draymond green is playing out of his mind.

I was worried, very worried. Booger couldn't miss- but Karma is a bitch.

Oh shit ... I love you guys.

For the last ten years I have felt like an administrator.

For the last year, I have felt like one of you.

Tonight I feel like a champion.

Never give up. Never give up.

Z

I cried too Z. It's been way too long. In a state of shock- like you mean- we WON? And to have one of our own deliver in historic fashion- how sweet is that? They can start plans for the statue outside of Quicken right now.

THE CURSE IS OVER....

Could not believe it, but I cried too... tears of pure joy that were pent-up over 5 decades.

Then I poured a little 18 yo Glenmorangie... it tasted like victory.

I had a bottle of 20 year old Graham Tawny Port that I was going to break open last year. It got saved for a Championship. Slurp. Now that you mentioned scotch- I'll have to break into the Laphroaig upstairs. With all due respects to Prince- "Tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1964."

I am so happy for the city of Cleveland. this was bigger than 27 - 0. These California pricks were thought to be unbeatable. Now they can go wipe their ass with their record for regular season wins.

Beautiful, on so many, many fronts, just beautiful. My Mom called me 20 times tonight, she has no voice left.

WOW!

Yeah Tom, this is way bigger than 1964. It will be discussed and debated for at least 5 years. Expect ESPN and every other sports channel to be talking about it for weeks. And shades of 1964- when no one gave the Browns a prayer. Except- the Cavs not only had to beat GS once- they had to beat them 4 times.

warriors keep hitting threes, draymond green is playing out of his mind.

Really kinda of the slump buster post. When TB posted this it was so damn true. I was going to respond "post it again." cause Kyrie & JR threw in a few 3's themselves & we were right back in it. TB may remember this but if not just remember. Game 1 last season with these chumps. Kyrie made a block on Curry but in old Cleveland fashion we made what looked like a win a loss. Redemption--LBJ makes the killer block. Kyrie hits the biggest 3. Than we Finished with heart & guts. Finally some good Karma changed the curse..Enjoy Cleveland!! CHAMPIONS

No more dark cloud. There was always a bright sunshine, just couldn't see it.

WOW. What a great championship win by the CAVS !

THAT WAS KICKASS EXCITING STUFF - THE GOOD GUYS KICKED ASS

THE RIGHT WAY, and WON, BABY !!!!!!!

Had to share these posts from reddit...

Cleveland has won every sports championship they have participated in since Johnny Manziel was officially cut. Just sayin'

lmao...

4th quarter...1:51 left...it will simply be know for the rest of my life as "THE BLOCK"

While I have never seen a single basketball game in it's entirety in my 48yrs, this is a huge win for Cleveland and just might be the point in time where in 20yrs ESPN will do a retrospective of when Cleveland went from the butt of a joke to a dynasty with their sports teams.

Congrats to all you basketball fans.

It's the summer solstice today.

That means we have the longest day of the year to celebrate.

It's also a full moon tonight.

<3

I think I saw that it was the first full moon on a summer solstice since 1964!

So clearly this Cavs win was cosmic.

You can say what you want about Lebron but he did what he said

he was going to do namely bring back a championship to Cleveland.

His performance in the finals will go down as the greatest ever.

The curse of Rocky Colavito is broken. Now its on the Indians and

the Browns.Lets get another one or two or three Cleveland. This one

feels soooooooooo good.

Tell it to Archie Manning....

and the Titans, who drafted their star qb and still ended up drafing first overall, til

they traded out of the pick.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the elation of the long term Cleveland fans here on the board. You guys deserved this after more than 5 decades of suffering in so many major sports. Now lets see if the Tribe can perform with no Sword of Damocles hanging over their heads.

Archived