THE BROWNS BOARD

Bess arrested

BadNewsBrowns

Bess gets high and Gordon gets high and you know who else gets high? The guy 20+ of us voted to be our first pick this year (myself included)... Watkins likes the weed and pills. That would be some Browns luck right there, 2 star receivers on the sideline suspended for dope and for being dopes. I love me some weed but if you give me a million dollar job, i would never touch it again... til i retired.

In other legal news, Kellen Winslow Jr. was allegedly jerking off in his car while high on synthetic weed. Got popped on the weed charge but avoided indecent exposure because he put his junk away before the cops came.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/01/witness_told_police_jets_tight_end_kellen_winslow_jr_was_masturbating_in_his_car.html

last I heard a lot of the guys browns didn't want because of "character issues" went incident free.

Phil Taylor and Greg Little had character issues right?

They both have stayed out of trouble mostly. Greg Little has speeding tickets and sucks, but nothing major.

Something that comes along with being a big shot college athlete at 18-22 sometimes.

There's always going to be guys who stop caring when they get their payday too.

Kellen Winslow stopped caring the moment he got drafted though. Maybe his dad spoiled him or something.

bumba clot mon!

now that wasn't very nice. B) i had a jamaican porter in a bar in the city almost kill me for saying that over and over again. the guy was actually sneaking up behind me with a bat, thank god my 2 'black' friends saw it and stopped him.

then i found out what that term means. found out i was saying your mother's bloody cunt to him all night.

back to bess: i just want to know why the browns haven't come out today and said the guy is gone?

Phil Taylor and Greg Little had character issues right?

They both have stayed out of trouble mostly. Greg Little has speeding tickets and sucks, but nothing major.

Something that comes along with being a big shot college athlete at 18-22 sometimes.

There's always going to be guys who stop caring when they get their payday too.

Kellen Winslow stopped caring the moment he got drafted though. Maybe his dad spoiled him or something.

not arguing the fact that no one is perfect. Just that FO is hypocriteable. They don't draft Mathieu because of pot issues but turn around and draft a guy that sold pot while at practice in college. And it doesn't look good when the nice guys u bring in underperforme and get into some ridiculous trouble. Oh and u paid 11 million for one of them and Alot of it was guaranteed. Thank god that dumbass has some walking around Money.

now that wasn't very nice. B) i had a jamaican porter in a bar in the city almost kill me for saying that over and over again. the guy was actually sneaking up behind me with a bat, thank god my 2 'black' friends saw it and stopped him.

then i found out what that term means. found out i was saying your mother's bloody cunt to him all night.

back to bess: i just want to know why the browns haven't come out today and said the guy is gone?

League rules disallow the releasing of any player at this time. Its not that they don't want to, they are not permitted to.

League rules disallow the releasing of any player at this time. Its not that they don't want to, they are not permitted to.

They have way more to worry about than what players to cut. Watching these idiots multitask is like watching a ratard pat his head and rub his tummy

You know the old saying, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably IS"? We got Bess for practically nothing. We are Fans, but where were our "professional" FO people asking WHY he came at such a low price? Then they EXTENDED him! Kiss your bucks goodbye Jimmy! In Lombardi we trust, right?

Jimmy...It's time to continue the evaluation of your FO. Gonna fire them too, like Chud? Just wait 'til free agency time. That should be a hoot, albeit a very expensive one, IF anyone will take your money. We'll see.

Mike

Turns out Bessie had a bizarre run in with the law at his home ten months ago ... A month before we signed him ... And he was yelling "Hide the weed" and "Hide the guns".

Way to do you due diligence Banbardi.

Haslem should seriously fire these fucks today and start with a clean slate.

Z

Turns out Bessie had a bizarre run in with the law at his home ten months ago ... A month before we signed him ... And he was yelling "Hide the weed" and "Hide the guns".

Haslem should seriously fire these fucks today and start with a clean slate.

Z

I couldnt agree more...could Rupert Murdoch buy out Haslam too?

This organization is run like a well oiled machine.Does anyone in this FO take real responsibility for the continued inability to sign or trade for players without a background check. The 3 Studges are just that.Maybe the next head coach is still in the looney bin.

Yesterday's incident in FLA,

In the last 24 hours Bess also has reportedly tweeted another pic of himself naked.

This from Scene magazine about an anonymous source regarding a run in with Bess

We received an account from an anonymous source citing similar behavior from Bess back in December — back almost to the exact day that he was excused from Browns practice. By all accounts, and this one in particular, Davone Bess needs some help.

I took the stairs this morning down to my car to get something, and on my way up, I saw this African American guy without his shirt standing on the first floor. A shirt, coat and some magazines were on the steps going upstairs and I asked him if those were his. He turned to me with an angry look and just stared at me. I decided to keep moving and went upstairs to my office.

I found out that my partner had tried to go down the stairs and this guy was blocking his way. He asked him what he was doing, got no response, and when he saw the guy had a belt in his hand he started back up. He then heard the guy give a blood curdling scream.

We called 911, but by the time the police came, he was gone. We found out later that a woman had taken him out of the building and driven away. We then found out that it was Davone Bess visiting his psychologist in the building.

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2014/01/18/davone-bess-had-an-incident-in-cleveland-back-in-december

Hopefully Bess' family and friends can get him some help and soon

Here's the story from his being hospitalized before the Dolphins dumped him off on us:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24412354/davone-bess-arrested-hospitalized-10-months-ago

OK, we didn't trade much to get him, risky, but worth the gamble if he got himself straightened out.

But to give him a raise and an extension??? I thought banner was so supposed to be Mr. Cap Genius.

Giving a guy a another guaranteed $6 million to be your third receiver when he just got out of the psych ward?

Zombo

Here's the story from his being hospitalized before the Dolphins dumped him off on us:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24412354/davone-bess-arrested-hospitalized-10-months-ago

OK, we didn't trade much to get him, risky, but worth the gamble if he got himself straightened out.

But to give him a raise and an extension??? I thought banner was so supposed to be Mr. Cap Genius.

Giving a guy a another guaranteed $6 million to be your third receiver when he just got out of the psych ward?

Zombo

The Three Stooges, version 1, have made better investments.....nyah, nyah, nyah!

Genius is an understatement...and the beat goes on. In the Army, we used to call what they do "steppin' on their dicks".

This just keeps getting funnier or more sad...take your pick. It's time to man up & admit (and reverse) YOUR mistake(s) Jimmy.

Mike

Don't get me wrong, the TSA are complete assholes sometimes.... And I might even give Bess the benefit of the doubt, and say that he was just acting "hood" while blasting his ipod into his ears and singing, and then he proceeded to get harassed and reacted poorly.

Nevertheless, the dude aint acting like a role model, and he must of never realized, you need to keep politics, religion, and weed out of football.

Now he'll move to Jamaica, and join Ricky Williams, and Willie Nelson, so they can begin filming the movie, "Potfest", the sequel to "Beerfest" i've been waiting years to see.

Answered a question before I could even ask it...

What was the deal about his answer when responding to a reporter who asked about the Instagram photos of pot? His answer , "Ask Brandon Weeden" Huh?

Brandon is either his lawyer or his connection? Both? I think I read where Bess used to call Wheezy "Saul"...

I'll be shocked if FO does not file suit to void contract based on Morals cause for Bess' illicit activiities.

Nothing could improve this FO's player relations like beginning to sue one of them who (as has been pointed out) clearly needs help.

Report: Dolphins didn't tell Browns about Bess' condition before trade

By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com
January 19, 2014 10:24 am ET

davone-bess-previous-arrest.jpgThe Dolphins reportedly took a 'don't ask, don't tell' approach to trading Davone Bess. (USATSI)

More NFL: Coaching change tracker | Playoff Bracket

Last off season, shortly after Davone Bess was arrested and committed against his will to a treatment facility for psychological and emotional issues, the Dolphins traded him to theBrowns. But according to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins didn't share that information before consummating the deal.

"While the Dolphins knew Bess was troubled," Salguero wrote, "sources confirm they took a don't-ask-don't-tell approach on the matter when shopping and trading Bess. The Dolphins did not offer information on Bess' apparent personal instability."

If true, this reflects poorly on former general manager Jeff Ireland, who mutually agreed to leave the team earlier this month, as well as the Dolphins front office. It's why owner Stephen Ross stressed the word "integrity" when he explained what he was looking for in his next GM. "This individual also must be a person with integrity who is open-minded and creative," Ross said in a statement.

"Credibility and respect are currency in the NFL and no one wants to be bankrupt," Salguero points out. "You have no idea how many NFL people I talk to tell me about the respect they have for one another despite the fact they want to bash each other's heads in on game day."

Bess, who played in 14 games with the Browns during the 2013 season and caught 42 passes for 382 yards and two touchdowns, has been under scrutiny in recent days. First, he posted photos to Twitter of what appeared to be marijuana. And Friday, he was arrested forallegedly assaulting an officer at the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood (Fla.) International Airport.

Bess missed the final two games of the 2013 season after the Browns placed him on the non-football injury list. The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Bess had been dealing with personal issues for some time and had been battling insomnia. He had flown back to Florida to seek treatment.

If the Browns decide to cut ties with Bess they can't do so until after the Super Bowl; all rosters for teams not taking part in the postseason are frozen until then.

How about a simple background check, boys? It's not hard to access public records.

So far Lombardi has picked up a guy with a torn ACL in the middle of the season, traded and given an extension to a receiver that had just gotten out of the mental ward ... oh and I sure didn't see Ozzie Newsome (or anyone else) giving him a tussle for Paul Kruger's rights. Did they give Desmond Bryant a physical before giving him $35 mil and finding out he needed heart surgery?

Jimmy ... Fire these fucks and start over ... we'll forgive you ... just do it.

Zombo

• 2 years later...

you can't build a team with people with character problems.

Micheal Lombardi.

the evil than stupid men do live after them.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9216131/miami-dolphins-trade-davone-bess-cleveland-browns

"Browns general manager Michael Lombardi said the Bess deal was done, pending the veteran passing a physical on Saturday. Bess signed a three-year extension with the Browns on Saturday, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

To get Bess, the Browns traded their fourth-round pick (No. 104) and fifth-round pick (No. 164) to the Dolphins for Miami's fourth-round pick (No. 111) and a seventh-rounder (No. 217)."

you can't build a team with people with character problems.

Micheal Lombardi.

the evil than stupid men do live after them.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9216131/miami-dolphins-trade-davone-bess-cleveland-browns

"Browns general manager Michael Lombardi said the Bess deal was done, pending the veteran passing a physical on Saturday. Bess signed a three-year extension with the Browns on Saturday, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

To get Bess, the Browns traded their fourth-round pick (No. 104) and fifth-round pick (No. 164) to the Dolphins for Miami's fourth-round pick (No. 111) and a seventh-rounder (No. 217)."

The stupid that stupid men do lives on with all of us.

Archived