THE BROWNS BOARD

Bess arrested

BadNewsBrowns

LOL...it goes from bad to worse with this franchise...imfao...Im numb...im not even mad..I just laugh anymore...

Same here I normally hit the reset button and look foward to the future getting excited about the draft and trying my best to be optimistic and hoping we field a team that can at least sniff mediocrity.

Not this time I've lost all hope for these clowns ,,,totally apethetic fool me once..... fool me 10 times....

This guy talks a good game he was always well spoken and positive in interviews he needs to get his shit together.

What a perfect role model for a young superstar receiver to have huh? lol

That was one thing that was weird though. Early in the season when Gordon had the trade rumors circling over him, Bess refused to play the part of the mentor, even though the media thought a lot of the veteran at that point. It seems he was detached from the team the minute he got here ... and just didn't give a shit.

Zombo

This Front office is an absolute joke. Any idiot that thinks these fucks INABILITY to find a HEAD coach by now and passing it off as some great methodical process is just that an IDIOT.

Bringin in two complete duds like Groves and Bess defines this regime to a T. Totally whiffing in the draft last year really pisses me off. I will not drop the whole honeybadger tragedy. Really? Character issues? Groves gets caught fucking one of Clevelands finest mear days after arriving. 2 of ur 5 draft picks had a police record before the draft. And Bess, well u see the track record here. When the best thing Uve done is get rid of one ur teams big names there is something totally wrong.

If ur holding out hope these morons r going to hit on the draft that will dictate the path for the next 10 yrs. Well Weve seen more fucked up shit in the last 10 months that the past Browns haven't even stooped to. Some franchises go 30 yrs without the type of mismanagement that IS TAKING PLACE right now. We r the laughing stock of the league by far and I have no hope of that changing anytime time soon. AND THAT'S JUST BEING OPTIMISTIC.

That was one thing that was weird though. Early in the season when Gordon had the trade rumors circling over him, Bess refused to play the part of the mentor, even though the media thought a lot of the veteran at that point. It seems he was detached from the team the minute he got here ... and just didn't give a shit.

Zombo

it was the weed.

This Front office is an absolute joke. Any idiot that thinks these fucks INABILITY to find a HEAD coach by now and passing it off as some great methodical process is just that an IDIOT.

Bringin in two complete duds like Groves and Bess defines this regime to a T. Totally whiffing in the draft last year really pisses me off. I will not drop the whole honeybadger tragedy. Really? Character issues? Groves gets caught fucking one of Clevelands finest mear days after arriving. 2 of ur 5 draft picks had a police record before the draft. And Bess, well u see the track record here. When the best thing Uve done is get rid of one ur teams big names there is something totally wrong.

If ur holding out hope these morons r going to hit on the draft that will dictate the path for the next 10 yrs. Well Weve seen more fucked up shit in the last 10 months that the past Browns haven't even stooped to. Some franchises go 30 yrs without the type of mismanagement that IS TAKING PLACE right now. We r the laughing stock of the league by far and I have no hope of that changing anytime time soon. AND THAT'S JUST BEING OPTIMISTIC.

What was the problem with Groves, other than getting hurt? I thought he played decently....and he certainly didn't have any of this off field junk that I am aware of. Do you know something I don't?

What was the problem with Groves, other than getting hurt? I thought he played decently....and he certainly didn't have any of this off field junk that I am aware of. Do you know something I don't?

Was arrested in a prostitution sting in Cleveland right after he signed.

Zombo

so.. he was lonely... big deal..

I'm not the one that went off on it. I like Groves, hope he can stay healthy and contribute next year.

His wife might have a problem with it though.

Zombo

Was arrested in a prostitution sting in Cleveland right after he signed.

Zombo

OK, but didn't he continue to play the season? I mean, is getting your knob gobbled by a pro a violation of an NFL rule....like smoking j even it may be illegal.

I mean, what is he had gone to Nevada?

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Davone Bess was arrested Friday morning for allegedly assaulting an officer at the Fort Lauderdale International Airport.

NFL Media obtained the Broward County Sheriff's Office police report of the matter, which indicatesthat Bess faces three charges in all, including disorderly conduct, and resisting an officer. Bess posted $100 bond and was released from jail later that morning.

0ap2000000314401.jpg

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Davone Bess was arrested at the Fort Lauderdale International Airport on Friday morning. (Broward Sheriff’s Office)

A TSA officer wrote in the complaint affidavit that several passengers at the airport reported strange behavior from Bess. He was dancing and singing, with his pants repeatedly falling down. Bess was then approached by the officer, at which time Bess squeezed his cup of coffee in order to spill the liquid on the officer, according to the report. Bess proceeded to take a "fighting stance" toward the officer and take off his shirt. The officer said Bess appeared to be under the influence of an unknown narcotic.

A Browns spokesman told NFL Media that the team was "aware of the situation and currently working to gather more information."

It's the second time this week Bess has been in the news. The team already was looking into a photo posted by Bess on his Twitter account Thursday that appeared to contain marijuana. The tweet has since been removed from Bess' account. He posted a similar picture on his Instagram account in December, which got him some negative attention.

The Plain-Dealer reports that Bess has been dealing with serious family issues. Bess left the team with two games left in the regular season and was placed on the non-football/reserve list.

Purposely spilled coffee on a TSA officer while under the influence? Not quite punching a cop, which is what I first thought. Dude needs help though.

Zombo

Definitely needs help, but he's out of the league anyway.

If he was as good as say, Brandon Marshall, then I'd let him have time to get help and get back. But he's no Brandon Marshall.

Purposely spilled coffee on a TSA officer while under the influence? Not quite punching a cop, which is what I first thought. Dude needs help though.

Zombo

Legally it is not difference. First ,spilling coffee purposely is basically tantamout to a punch. In fact, if the coffee were very hot, very hot it could be considered a more aggravated offense because the coffee could be viewed as a weapon if it was really scalding.

I doubt that the coffee "spill"/throw would be charged at a higher degree...but I also don't think it would be charged at a lesser degree either.

And as far as Cop vs. TSA officer, that is no difference. In fact, the TSA officer, being a Federal Employee could result in Federal, not just state or local charges. (again, could be, not necessarily would be.

Archived