THE BROWNS BOARD

Yahoo Sports Browns Draft Needs

wargograw

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-draft-needs-browns-161600348--nfl.html

Pretty poor article from the get-go.

"Josh McCown was so bad last year that the quarterback-needy Buccaneers cut him after the season. That tells you pretty much all you need to know. The Browns are proceeding as if 2014 first-round flop Johnny Manziel isn't part of their 2015 plans."

"That tells you pretty much all you need to know." Well, not really, since he's stepping in behind an elite pass blocking OL compared to the bottom 5 unit in TB. Furthermore, they have the #1 pick and will be taking a QB, so it's not that much of a shock that they cut him.

"The Browns are proceeding as if 2014 first-round flop Johnny Manziel isn't part of their 2015 plans."

Well, again, not really, since a crucial part of McCown's signing was due to the fact that he was willing to mentor Johnny.

Then he went full Retard: "The Browns have one of the worst rosters in the league, and therefore a laundry list of needs."

But discuss anyway.

If the Browns fucking came away with this draft I'd let MikToxic stick a Vietnamese moo-goo spike up my ass. What a draft.

Round 1 (12): WR Breshad Perriman, UCF - A large receiver with speed would be a nice addition to the Browns' receiver group. Perriman does have a high drop rate (14 percent), but some teams could talk themselves into thinking it is coachable or just a concentration issue. If the quarterback position cannot be upgraded, the staff might think adding talented weapons is a way to circumvent who is actually throwing the passes.

Round 1 (19): EDGE Owamagbe Odighizuwa, UCLA - Some might see this as a “reach.” I would not. Owa is one of the best in this class at converting speed to power. As an edge rusher, he will be asked to disrupt and get after the quarterback. Don’t overthink dropping into coverage in terms of it factoring into fit. Owa can even move down the line in sub-package sets.

Round 2 (43): DT Eddie Goldman, FSU - Danny Shelton is commonly mocked to the Browns. Goldman has a lot of talent but did not show it at all times. That can be said about a number of defensive linemen due to the lack of rotation in college, but needed to be written again. Goldman could theoretically play nose or one of the end spots on running downs, but is better the closer he is to the center.

Round 3 (77): TE Clive Walford, Miami - The team should move up for Maxx Williams, but in this format it does not work. I spoke with former Giants OC Kevin Gilbride and he had very positive things to say about Walford as both an inline and receiving option.

Round 4 (111): T Ty Sambrailo, Colorado State - Teams are evaluating Sambrailo as a guard and right tackle. He could push to start at the latter in time and would offer quality depth as a utility OL early on. The third or fourth round sounds right.

Round 4 (115): OLB Lorenzo Mauldin, Louisville - With the designated rusher selected earlier, Mauldin could be used in more of a drop linebacker role. Louisville needed him to rush the passer, but I thought Mauldin looked adequate out in space. He is an effort pass rusher.

Round 5 (147): DL Derrick Lott, UTC - An upfield, disrupting-type defensive linemen who could impact most in sub-package situations. Lott reminds me of Jay Bromley. He attacks shoulders with a nice first step for an interior lineman, sheds, and tries to work around his opponent.

Round 6 (189): QB Sean Mannion, Oregon State - Who knows when the Browns will try to add to their quarterback group. Mannion is getting some attention from big draft evaluators, but I think it is undeserved. He really struggles when dealing with pressure and makes horrendous decisions in confined space or when hit. And he has limited mobility to create space to throw.

Round 6 (202): S Brian Blechen, Utah - A large, hard-hitting safety the Browns could use with their lack of depth behind Donte Whitner and Tashaun Gipson.

Round 7 (229): RB Terrence Magee, LSU - If anything, Magee will help on true passing downs. His frame might be compact, but Magee has a nice foundation in pass protection and flashes comfort as a receiver.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-draft-needs-browns-161600348--nfl.html

Pretty poor article from the get-go.

"Josh McCown was so bad last year that the quarterback-needy Buccaneers cut him after the season. That tells you pretty much all you need to know. The Browns are proceeding as if 2014 first-round flop Johnny Manziel isn't part of their 2015 plans."

"That tells you pretty much all you need to know." Well, not really, since he's stepping in behind an elite pass blocking OL compared to the bottom 5 unit in TB. Furthermore, they have the #1 pick and will be taking a QB, so it's not that much of a shock that they cut him.

"The Browns are proceeding as if 2014 first-round flop Johnny Manziel isn't part of their 2015 plans."

Well, again, not really, since a crucial part of McCown's signing was due to the fact that he was willing to mentor Johnny.

Then he went full Retard: "The Browns have one of the worst rosters in the league, and therefore a laundry list of needs."

But discuss anyway.

I think the Browns have probably top half if not better overall talent.....but, yes, they are missing some vital pieces.....like QB, and an elite WR. And now TE.

I think the Browns have probably top half if not better overall talent.....but, yes, they are missing some vital pieces.....like QB, and an elite WR. And now TE.

I still say the Browns are better of "without" Jordan Cameron. He has been hurt in both of the last season and I wish him luck with the Dolphins. I think Jim Dray will be a surprise this year. We should pick up another tight end though. Hopefully Barnage will play well at that position as well.

I still say the Browns are better of "without" Jordan Cameron. He has been hurt in both of the last season and I wish him luck with the Dolphins. I think Jim Dray will be a surprise this year. We should pick up another tight end though. Hopefully Barnage will play well at that position as well.

Maybe, but I still think we need a high to mid round TE pick to go with those guys....at least to compete with them.

Hmmm, I dont see us picking a TE now that we've signed a 3rd one......unless we grab a "no name" project really really late(likely one that we can hide on the PS for a year or 2).....

Like Funchess? :)

Archived