THE BROWNS BOARD

Starting Lineup... maybe

thenew23

46 dress each week. Here are mine, as of right now...

Offense:

WR1 TE LT LG C RG RT WR2

Bowe Dray Thomas Bitonio Mack Greco Schwartz Hartline

Gabriel Barnidge Seymour Barton Slot WR Moore

Hawkins

RB QB

West McCown

Crowell Manziel

Draughn Lewis

Defense:

CB1 LDE NT RDE CB2

Haden Starks Taylor D.Bryant Slot CB T.Williams

Desir Hughes Kitchen Winn K.Williams

James Gilbert

LOLB LILB RILB ROLB

Mingo Dansby Robertson Kruger

Solomon Kirksey A.Bryant

FS SS

Gipson Whitner

Poyer Bademosi

Special teams:

K - Hartley

P - Lanning

LS - Yount

Green = Good to great

Blue = Adequate

Black = Below Average

Red = Needs improved

As you can see... in my opinion, the only position the Browns really need to upgrade their starting player is at QB.

I see 6 other spots where improvement is warranted, but I don't see major weaknesses in this team's top 46. It's the depth that I still have concerns about, but I trust Farmer will do well in rounds 5-7 and utilizing UDFA to provide competition in the back end of the roster...

As you can see... in my opinion, the only position the Browns really need to upgrade their starting player is at QB.

I see 6 other spots where improvement is warranted, but I don't see major weaknesses in this team's top 46. It's the depth that I still have concerns about, but I trust Farmer will do well in rounds 5-7 and utilizing UDFA to provide competition in the back end of the roster...

Looks pretty good other than Greco in blue. Come on man! He's a top ten guard in the league!

Jim Dray is a backup. And im not sure he is better than Barnridge who is a backup. We no starting TE just a coiple blockers who can catch an occasional pass.

Z

Jim Dray is a backup. And im not sure he is better than Barnridge who is a backup. We no starting TE just a coiple blockers who can catch an occasional pass.

Z

I think we'll see more of Dray, especially in the redzone. We DO still need to upgrade the position all around

PFF has Hawkins as "very good," which is the category just below "elite" (which we only Thomas rated). Although they admit it may have been generous, I'd say it's fair to make him green here.

I say great job on this....not gonna haggle on the ratings....BUT, if it's only the 46 to dress each week, then Id dump a few guys and add more LB/DL to the mix.......no need for a 3rd QB, Draugns, etc

Looks pretty good other than Greco in blue. Come on man! He's a top ten guard in the league!

...Id say the same....

I think we'll see more of Dray, especially in the redzone. We DO still need to upgrade the position all around

Agreed.....with the 2 we currently have, Id label Dray as the "receiver" and Barnidge as the 'blocker".....

PFF has Hawkins as "very good," which is the category just below "elite" (which we only Thomas rated). Although they admit it may have been generous, I'd say it's fair to make him green here.

Yep....Elite slot receiver...for sure.....

I don't get the grading. In my mind "good to great" is too big of a lump while at the other end of the scale "Below Average" and "Needs improved" are the same.

Damn, You must have The NEW Oranger Glasses.. We all see QB yes. But come on. When our last winning season?? Far To much Black and Blue Talent gets us beat on Sundays. Farmer got B- on last year overall. Let's hang a A in 2015 and I will buy The New Oranger Glasses also..

• 1 month later...

Ok.....still super early, but we have some new names and thought Id take a swing at this now and see how things shake out.....

Offense:

WR1 TE LT LG C RG RT WR2

Bowe Housler Thomas Bitonio Mack Erving Schwartz Hartline

Gabriel Barnidge Greco Bowie Slot WR Benjiman

Dray Hawkins

RB QB

Crowell McCown

Johnson Manziel

West

Defense:

CB1 LDE NT RDE CB2

Haden Cooper Shelton Hughes Slot CB Gilbert

Desir A. Bryant Taylor Starks K.Williams Williams

D. Bryant

LOLB LILB RILB ROLB

Mingo Dansby Kirksey Kruger

Solomon Robertson Orchard

FS SS

Gipson Whitner

Poyer Campbell

Special teams:

K - Coons

P - Lanning

LS - Hughlett

other potential reserves to make it 53: Lewis QB, Johnson FB, Winn DL, Gaines CB, Kitchen DL, Pullard LB, Mayle WR

If this were the final roster, you'll probably see Telfer and Ifu on the injured list....and some names from last year and a few"up and comers" would be gone, like Draughn, Winston, Bademosi, Nelson, Painter, Seymour, Moore & Carder

As us Browns fans would love to see more TD's and Less of our FG Kickers, Let's get familiar with Hartley was so Below Average we cut him and were down to guys Named Travis Coons or Carey Spear.. God I miss Dawson again already..

Ok.....still super early, but we have some new names and thought Id take a swing at this now and see how things shake out.....

I think Desmond Bryant still starts at DE ... whatever the final DL arrangement, it looks like a bad-ass defense.

Zombo

I think Desmond Bryant still starts at DE ... whatever the final DL arrangement, it looks like a bad-ass defense.

Zombo

I really like Bryant and think he will start at DE as well. If the D stays healthy they can look like did against the Colts every game

Correct me if l'm wrong on this, but wasn't Dray considered a mostly blocking TE, who happened to catch a high percentage of passes, albeit few, thrown his way when we signed him?

I think that guy is poised to be a breakout pass catcher this year. Poised dammit!

And l like Greco too. Even more than Grieco. 21 Jump Street yo.

Special teams:

K - Coons

P - Lanning

LS - Hughlett

I imagine we will bring in a real kicker.

Is Hughlett expected to beat out Christina Yount? I remember Yount slumped last year, but rebounded.

Zombo

I think you may need at least one more OL.

Maybe for PS, but feel these guys would cover all the bases game to game(46 man roster).....plus, Im using exactly the same # we carried last year.....so they would almost have to feel we are weaker at OL than last year to add an extra one.....(right?)

Zombo

Sure looks bad ass on paper(which is what we said last year too).....Farmer says he wants "waves" of DL coming and going....though Im not a huge D. Bryant fan, but only time will tell there.....he is definitely our healthiest DL player tho

I think that guy is poised to be a breakout pass catcher this year. Poised dammit!

And l like Greco too. Even more than Grieco. 21 Jump Street yo.

Poise is a great asset.........I like Greco too.....

I imagine we will bring in a real kicker.

Is Hughlett expected to beat out Christina Yount? I remember Yount slumped last year, but rebounded.

Zombo

Dont know here.....Im just guessing based upon who we have.....

I do know Yount struggled and Hughlett came in with some high praise....so, just "hoping" we upgrade there, just like any other position.....

Same with the kicker......we might already have a "real" kicker in camp, but we just dont know it yet....or maybe not.....

Where do kickers come from anyway?????

Where do kickers come from anyway?????

The last two good ones we had were nobodies kicking around looking for a job.

I think we stole Stover from the Giants practice squad and Phil Dawson from Patriots practice squad.

Hopefully we get lucky again.

Zombo

offense

this is easy:

QB - McCown

RB1 - johnson

RB2 - crowell

WR1 - bowe

WR2 - gabriel

WR 3 - hartline

TE1 - dray

TE2 - barnidge

LT - thomas

LG - bitonio

C - mack

RG - greco

RT - erving

look for mayne and the 2 other TEs to be worked in when available and ready.

offense

this is easy:

QB - McCown

RB1 - johnson

RB2 - crowell

WR1 - bowe

WR2 - gabriel

WR 3 - hartline

TE1 - dray

TE2 - barnidge

LT - thomas

LG - bitonio

C - mack

RG - greco

RT - erving

look for mayne and the 2 other TEs to be worked in when available and ready.

You are only allowed 11 men on the field at a time...you have 13 out there. :blink:

You are only allowed 11 men on the field at a time...you have 13 out there. :blink:

duh, really? i know i didn't show all the depth but i showed the important stuff like RB and WRs.......that's all. so in any given play one or two or three of the offensive weapon positions will be on the field or not.

stop being a larryfine

Denver OT Canty done for the Year. Trade Mitch or Bowie for WR or TE?? Depth at T is rare but love it and they all want playing time

Archived