THE BROWNS BOARD

Jameis Winston

calfoxwc

Oh and I would be ecstatic if he falls to 12. I know I've been vocal about my disapproval of taking Mariota just because I think he and Johnny are similar players and you should finish one experiment before you start another, but Winston is a different kind of guy and is far more NFL-ready now.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

give Manziel a fair shot

uhhhh, didn't the browns do that last year?????????

Mariota he and Johnny are similar players

one of the funniest things to come from an A and M fan yet. game play, maybe. player:

mariota: 6' 4" 222 lbs. 32" arm length 9 7/8 " hands 4.52 40 yard speed 36" vert

manziel: 5' 11" 204 lbs. 31 3/8" arm length 9 7/8" hands 4.68 40 yard speed 31.5" vert

i get manziel is on the browns but i don't get where people think he is all of a sudden going to wake up and be a NFL caliber QB.

i mean i loved the gilbert pick but he disappointed the piss out of me last year but AT LEAST he has all of the physical attributes needed to play in the league. he just needs to get his head straight.

i think if johnny is all better and he's in tune with his game he's still gonna get killed.

just my opinion.

one of the funniest things to come from an A and M fan yet. game play, maybe. player:

mariota: 6' 4" 222 lbs. 32" arm length 9 7/8 " hands 4.52 40 yard speed 36" vert

manziel: 5' 11" 204 lbs. 31 3/8" arm length 9 7/8" hands 4.68 40 yard speed 31.5" vert

Well we had DA and Wheezy who were both tall and large, and they sucked for the most part except for 2007 for DA.

No, I don't think he was given a fair shot last year. I don't think he should have been given a shot at all, to be honest, but that's neither here nor there.

Shanahan threw him in when the offense was already stalling, changed the gameplan and then we as fans expected to see Manziel vs. Duke. What we got instead was a blindfolded, one-legged Manziel vs. LSU.

I think there is talent there and I think that a full, normal offseason with a sober Manziel will give us our clearest picture of him. He still could come in a suck a bag of dicks. But then we'll know that he sucks a bag of dicks because he sucks a bag of dicks, and not because of pressure, or not knowing the playbook, or cocaine, or anything else.

I wouldn't say the hate is laughable, it's certainly founded in truth. But I am of the same mindset as Royce...the guy wasn't found guilty. I read every case file and report that was made public. There was consensual acts performed both in the bar as well as in a car. Where the line is muddied is when they get back to the apartment, when the girl supposedly loses consciousness and Winston carries her into the bathroom.

Which case are these facts from? Original or new?

i get manziel is on the browns but i don't get where people think he is all of a sudden going to wake up and be a NFL caliber QB.

i mean i loved the gilbert pick but he disappointed the piss out of me last year but AT LEAST he has all of the physical attributes needed to play in the league. he just needs to get his head straight.

i think if johnny is all better and he's in tune with his game he's still gonna get killed.

just my opinion.

When Luke Kuechly at Carolina, lined up JF. Did JF finally learn the NFL Game?? With Mack Back and a Full Starting OL that's top 5 in the league at times. Lets see what Manziel shows up at camp. If he's even in camp..

If Jameis Winston fell to 12, I think you'd have to take him...regardless of what he did off the field.

Then we would have just reverted to the old Browns being Browns when it comes to QB. Draft him because he fell to us? Something very fishy in that drop would make me say, "No thanks." Too many very QB needy teams ahead of us did due diligence that would make me run to the nearest exit.

You owe him 3/4" of height. :D

Or maybe it was 7/8. Old brain don't recall now. :blink:

Original. They were in her statement as well as Jameis' and Jameis' attorney.

Thanks...

You owe him 3/4" of height. :D

Or maybe it was 7/8. Old brain don't recall now. :blink:

3/4"... same as me.

I made in 6'2 in the seventies... Wonder whatever happened to those platform shoes?

(Actually were the source of my first, hard stuff drunk one night at the Painesville Stables...)

Archived