THE BROWNS BOARD

Farmer suspended first 4 games of season, fined $250k

WalterWhite

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about baby shanny? He had his phone on his person, turned on and checked the incoming text... Where's baby shanny's punishment?? ( Same place the Pats' punishment is)

so what you're saying is that this whole situation is shanahans fault? Classic. I never read any word that Shanahan actually checked his phone during the game maybe he checked it after the game. Like I said the Browns lost a good offensive coordinator other than that water under the bridge cares

so what you're saying is that this whole situation is shanahans fault? Classic. I never read any word that Shanahan actually checked his phone during the game maybe he checked it after the game. Like I said the Browns lost a good offensive coordinator other than that water under the bridge cares

How many more Fickin Times can you watch, 1st and 2nd Down, We are going to run Right. Ok 3rd and 7, Where's my 5 yard pass pattern. Glad Shanny got what he Deserved, Wined his way out of Cleveland and got to a team that got his Draft pick Taken Too. Good Radiance you candy ass..

Not as bad as we feared, but not nothing. There's a lot of player movement after the last Pre-season game that Ray will not be able to participate in...

... unless of course he texts in his thoughts.

Maybe I missed the joke, but does anyone else find it funny that this is a tweet from a former Browns board member?

MikeH always thought highly of his sense of humor... then it turned out he was the joke.

nope, there is no information either way. it would, however, be pretty fucking sweet if little shannie did return a text and got fined and suspended as well. mostly just because he's a little asshole. just like....

WSS

The Browns GAINED a great OC. bye, bighead shanny.

A lot folks noticed your predictable play-calling, running most all the time

on first down. Idiot.

Either shanny had his phone on during the game, or he didn't.

Did? Then he just wanted out after one year because he didn't have

any other place to go when he took the Browns job.

If he didn't, then there is absolutely no advantage during the game.

Never liked him anyways. We gained Flip, and that will pay off huge dividends.

Btw, after the announcement...where WAS all that super secret information about the

Browns getting hammered badly, and losing draft picks...coming from?

Should be fined and suspended for passing on Watkins and drafting Manziel in the 1st round. We had 2 first round picks including a top 5 and managed to come away with a worse haul then the majority of teams with only one pick outside the top 10. Look at the ratbirds getting Mosley 17th overall. Ozzie Newsome put us to shame with a fraction of what we had to work with. Could you imagine what a real GM like Newsome or Ted Thompson could have done with our picks? They would have their teams set for YEARS. We didn't even get the best CB in the draft class at 8 overall and got alcoholic Tim Tebow who will be out the league in a matter of years. I hate being a Browns fan, HOW do you mess up a top 5 pick and additional 1st rounder? HOW?

Should be fined and suspended for passing on Watkins and drafting Manziel in the 1st round. We had 2 first round picks including a top 5 and managed to come away with a worse haul then the majority of teams with only one pick outside the top 10. Look at the ratbirds getting Mosley 17th overall. Ozzie Newsome put us to shame with a fraction of what we had to work with. Could you imagine what a real GM like Newsome or Ted Thompson could have done with our picks? They would have their teams set for YEARS. We didn't even get the best CB in the draft class at 8 overall and got alcoholic Tim Tebow who will be out the league in a matter of years. I hate being a Browns fan, HOW do you mess up a top 5 pick and additional 1st rounder? HOW?

get lost you bum.

GTFO.

We had 2 first round picks including a top 5 and managed to come away with a worse haul then the majority of teams with only one pick outside the top 10. Look at the ratbirds getting Mosley 17th overall. Ozzie Newsome put us to shame with a fraction of what we had to work with.

Sadly, this is 100% correct

Absolutely, if you don't take into account Ozzie drafting Duane Starks, Travis Taylor, Kyle Boller, Mark Clayton, Michael Oher, and Jimmy Smith, he just nailed everything in the 1st round.

Sadly, this is 100% correct

no it's not. you might want to think that NOW, but we have 2 first rounders that might actually turn into something.

a CB i believe will become a starter and a QB who you personally touted as the next best thing last year who might be able to pull up his boot straps and become someone as well.

don't start the coulda, woulda, shoulda bullshit again because every GM and team can say the same thing.

it ain't only the browns.

no it's not. you might want to think that NOW, but we have 2 first rounders that might actually turn into something.

a CN i believe will become a starter and a QB who you personally touted as the next best thing last year who might be able to pull up his boot straps and become someone as well.

don't start the coulda, woulda, shoulda bullshit again because every GM and team can say the same things.

Why Mik, I'm SHOCKED! Are you actually saying that a draft can't be judged after ONE year? You mean players can actually IMPROVE after year one? REALLY? Is that even POSSIBLE? ;)

Mike

Why Mik, I'm SHOCKED! Are you actually saying that a draft can't be judged after ONE year? You mean players can actually IMPROVE after year one? REALLY? Is that even POSSIBLE? ;)

Mike

it boggles the mind!

I am assuming there are some men out there qualified to be a GM at some level. some extremely qualified who don't feel like a full time job at this point in their career. Could any of these gentlemen be hired as a consultant, get in tune with what Farmer would plan or do during that time and act as a proxy if need be?

WSS

I think Haslam and Pettine can fill in.

Not as bad as we feared, but not nothing. There's a lot of player movement after the last Pre-season game that Ray will not be able to participate in...

Hes not suspended until the day of the 1st game for one. Second, it's all the same scouting team, they'll just need to appoint a new trigger man for 4 weeks... The only way thay goes south is if Haslam takes it upon himself to step into that role...

Maybe I missed the joke, but does anyone else find it funny that this is a tweet from a former Browns board member?

He wasn't funny.

Hes not suspended until the day of the 1st game for one. Second, it's all the same scouting team, they'll just need to appoint a new trigger man for 4 weeks... The only way that goes south is if Haslam takes it upon himself to step into that role...

Kuharich is well qualified to fill in- and I'm sure Farmer will leave him a complete set of notes before the suspension kicks in.

Absolutely, if you don't take into account Ozzie drafting Duane Starks, Travis Taylor, Kyle Boller, Mark Clayton, Michael Oher, and Jimmy Smith, he just nailed everything in the 1st round.

Oher was a nice role player in their SB run, they don't win that SB without him, I don't think they consider him a failed draft pick at all. Jimmy Smith is a top 15 CB when he's healthy, don't know what you're talking about there. Smith will get a very nice contract with the ratbirds, he has injury concerns but there's no denying his talent. I hope Gilbert can develop into a Jimmy Smith type man-to-man corner. I would kill to have Ozzie back in Cleveland as GM, he's one of the best in the business. Only 4 failed 1st rounders in 18 years as GM is impressive.

Baltimore and New England are who we should be striving to emulate as far as how they build through the draft and compete year after year. They know how to play the system, they develop quality talent on low cap hit rookie contracts, they try to re-sign only the best one's they developed and let the others get big contracts elsewhere so they can accumulate compensatory picks and start the process all over again.

Despite the botched 1st round last year I do like a lot of what our front office has done thus far in FA. I think we're finally turning the corner in our philosophy and this new regime is starting to find their footing, hopefully that carries over into the draft. I'll be the first to admit my bitterness has reached a fever pitch with this franchise but there is finally a glimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel. Forgive me for my venting but if I can't do it here then where else can I?

a CB i believe will become a starter and a QB who you personally touted as the next best thing last year who might be able to pull up his boot straps and become someone as well.

don't start the coulda, woulda, shoulda bullshit again because every GM and team can say the same thing.

I'm simply stating that Ozzie had done a fantastic job there. They are constantly reloading.

They lost 8 starters (2 hall of famers and a 2 pro bowlers in one offseason) and then went 8-8 and the AFC championship the year after.

I think Gilbert will still improve a lot, that's a guy to definitely remain positive about. But I'm not buying the glass half full bs on Manziel for a damn second...We took the bait and for some fans it's easier on the ego to hold onto false hope than to call a spade a spade. Dysfunctional person, small hands, terrible decision making, throws absolute ducks, can be sacked with one hand while getting blocked...guys like Brees and Wilson have physical tools that Johnny doesn't, it goes beyond just saying "Oh they're the same height, Johnny can emulate what they do". The only thing NFL level about Johnny is his ability to scramble around in the pocket and extend plays just as long as a DL doesn't breathe on him and get a sack.

Johnny's game was never built for the NFL... Everybody is bigger, faster, stronger, and better coached.. db's break on his throws light years before the ball actually arrives and DL toss him to the ground with one hand while being still being blocked like they were playing with a child. These aren't typical "rookie mistakes", this is merely a player who doesn't have the physical to be effective at this level of competition. I'm not basing my entire evaluation just based on the Bengals game either, this is exactly what so many scouts predicted would happen to him at the next level since he declared.

WTF is it with Sammie Watkins love in on here, he was about the fifth (at best) rookie receiver last year.

Oh and he's so good Buffalo are doing everything they now can to set themselves up to run the ball on every play

Archived