THE BROWNS BOARD

Ultra Liberal University of Nebraska Professor dons Dick Cheney costume and pretends to shoot students

DieHardBrownsFan

How do we know he's "ultra liberal"?

I'm not sure how you can try to have it both ways. How is a rodeo blown wearing a vaguely racist Obama mask perfectly fine, but this old white guy dressing up as Cheney "over the line"? I realize both sides do this, but I'm wondering what the justification is for the posters on here. I know it's just a political party allegiance thing, but I'm curious to see how you try to answer.

Vaguely racist?

WSS

I'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt that he didn't intend for it to be a full on black face routine. But its not hard to see how dome people would take it.

Anyway, I'm asking how some would think that's ok and this Cheney thing is "over the line"

I'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt that he didn't intend for it to be a full on black face routine. But its not hard to see how dome people would take it.

Anyway, I'm asking how some would think that's ok and this Cheney thing is "over the line"

I don't think the Cheney thing is over the limit. I think the point is the hypocrisy with the left and their zero tolerance gun attitudes.

WSS

I don't think the Cheney thing is over the limit. I think the point is the hypocrisy with the left and their zero tolerance gun attitudes.

WSS

Only hypocrisy on one side? Really? There's loads of it on both sides.

Also, I never said YOU did. Others here did or will though.

Only hypocrisy on one side? Really? There's loads of it on both sides.

Also, I never said YOU did. Others here did or will though.

Uh yes both sides exhibit hypocrisy on different issues. So what? We are speaking of the one issue at the present time. You are free to bring up more. Start another thread. Knock yourself out.

WSS

Seriously? Wearing an Obama mask is racist? This is really a problem with the world. Obama mask= racist. The movie "white chicks" totally ok.

It's the history behind it. There isnt a history of racism and oppression behind "white face." Yes, I'd prefer this to be a non issue. And like I said, I don't think he was trying yo be racist about it. Buts its was to see how it can be taken that way.

Maybe one day we'll get past it all. Both sides contribute to it as well.

Also, theres the angle that it was sort of disrespectful to the president. Political cartoons are one thing, getting a crowd pumped up to watch Obama get run down by a bull is another.

Anyway, we're getting off topic. I guess I'm just curious to see DieHards or Cals answer to my original question

Sigh.... I said "vaguely" and I said I didn't think he was intentionally trying to do it. Also, he wasn't just making fun of him, he put on a mask that could be seen as black face. I'm not saying every critic of Obama is a racist. Don't act like I am. The reality is black face has a bad history behind it and that's part of the reason it was an issue (also, just generally disrespectful, and I could see how some took it like that).

And again, I never said YOU said this. I'm making the point the right is making a big deal about one and not the other. That's hypocrisy. The hypocrisy you're pointing out can technically exist too, but much less so.

Now, I hope yo don't respond to something I didn't say or just drive this further from the question I originally asked. I guess I'll have to wait for DieHard or someone to answer

I fucking did already, Jesus Christ. And I'm not whining about anything, that is your "debate" style. You keep forcing the other person to respond to shit they didn't say until they get frustrated and give up.

Rodeo clown dresses up as obama, crowd cheers as "Obama" is rushed by bull -> non issue

Prof dressed as Cheney, makes light of hunting accident, makes finger Huns at students -> issue

I suspect it's that when things like this get posted, "the right" says it's no big deal, it's just people making satire, while "the left" claims outrage. Now, we have it basically the other way round, with both parties taking the opposite stance. As Woody said, hypocrisy on both sides.

No, it's that the left is anti-gun, and turns right around, and slurs

Cheney, pretending to be him, gunning people down, especially a prof,

considering school shootings. It's worse than crude and inexcusable.

A rodeo clown wearing a mask, as has been done using masks of different presidents,

is not the same thing at all.

I suspect it's that when things like this get posted, "the right" says it's no big deal, it's just people making satire, while "the left" claims outrage. Now, we have it basically the other way round, with both parties taking the opposite stance. As Woody said, hypocrisy on both sides.

Exactly, thank you. I'm not trying to say one side does it and the other doesn't. I'm saying they both do and this is a clear example.

Also, are we calling the Prof "the left" in this example? Does he really represent that entire side as much as Fox would represent theirs?

Archived