THE BROWNS BOARD

Dog days of summer......

LBC mike

So this is a the slowest part of the year for sports. I am not keen on baseball. College football doesn't start for about another month. NFL in September. Right now we have NBA trade talks. I am a Browns junkie. How do you guys spend this time to pass the time?

I just sign upped my 3 year old for soccer. Its only on Saturdays. (I told them she was 4 which is the minimum age). She asked for it and she enjoys it which makes me enjoy it.

A lot of Madden football..........

Soccer is a great sport for girls.

I like baseball, but when it starts getting this close to training camp i can't think about much else other than the Cleveland Browns and how THIS could be THE year.

Z

Browns must win a game in September...Somebody is going to have to provide some fireworks early for that first win. Hell, I'd love to see JFF crush it in the second half against pisspuke in his debut....the Browns need to establish early whether the kid is durable

my youngest just finished his baseball season with a 13 - 1.record. its a blast watching these kids develop. he crushed one last week that we are still talking about. I am going to help him mold his game after Manny Sanguillen. he was my hero growing up

My daughter played soccer once. Once.

She was like 5, and we were lucky enough to have THAT coach. You know the one. Woulda been a great high school boys football coach, but instead he got a bunch of 5 year old girls. Always yelling and screaming, using the lord's name in vain and shit. That guy was awesome.

Between that and youth soccer boring the hell outta me, it was one and done.

Fastpitch softball is where it's at. But l like baseball. And they're similar.

Fishing, weekend trips to the north coast, festivals, family, and friends and of course following the Tribe. I spend a lot of time on Twitter and this board, but I can easily pass the time by being outside in the yard and building/fixing stuff in the garage. Ive built two end tables for my living room and a new TV stand for the "media" room where I watch all the sports. I love NFL season but living in NE Ohio, I never rush the summer bc I know football season also brings in the winter... so, I'd say get outside... enjoy the summer before it's gone...

Sitting outside,listening to a ball game on the radio(I have the MLB at bat app on my iPhone , so I can listen to any game) and baseball is perfect for the radio. I'm always anxious for football season, but I also don't want to rush summer away to soon.

Well, we go to other sports in the summer - the Browns are our #1 sport.

Groundhog skeet is one of my favorite summer sports. That's where you have

a friend who is tough, and very, very quick, to reach down in the groundhog hole,

grab em, yank em out, and throw em up in the air so I can shoot em.

I thought maybe I could talk old Canton Mike into it, but to no avail. He was busy.

We are going whitewater rafting and horseback riding in Tennessee in a few weeks with friends

from NC. And hiking. And sight-seeing...

And gardening, which is a very tough endurance sport. I snapped a rotator cuff about 3 years ago, in

a rain at night, on a tomato hornworm event. I sumo-wrestled a few mosquitoes that must have been

from Texas.... but that is too dangerous, so now when I'm out in the garden after a big rain, I just

keep an eight foot 2X4 with me as a mosquito swatter.

With all the rain, I could take up kayaking in the low area below the garden, and if I could figure out

how to put pontoons on our 700 Kawasaki ATV, I could ride out the old road through our big woods,

that cross the watershed that floods across the road in big rains.

In the rainstorms, our other sport is playing video games on the game computer, or if I'm home alone,

watching TV and re-reading my Calvin and Hobbes collections...

but nothing beats watching the Browns in the fall. It's a tough wait, but it goes fast.

ba-da bum!

ha!

u should try it DH. forget all those other cloudy, clunky, stinky, stoney ways and hit a pen one of these days. you'll be like "what's the big deal??".

volcano vaporizor, pshhhhh...thanks but i think we're past all that.

Archived