THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Season Preview

BrownieMan

man, i just can't understand the fools who think they are legit writers. do you earn that nowadays opening a box of cracker jack?

manziel above hoyer....again. i'll bet anyone on here with all their JF bravado that he doesn't start the season.

come and get some.

The article is a bit pessemistic, but not completly wrong. The thing that he did not mention was our beast ass running backs this year. The running game is going to open up a whole new world for our WR's, They can load the box all they want, but the mentioned Miles is not what he used to be, but he is physical and can get open, and so can Hawkins. We got rid of all the drive killers, and we have some actual people who can catch the ball. We have an beast of a TE that will also help. To me, the biggest issue is going to be the QB position, Hoyer was decent last year for sure, but this year is a new offense. As for Johnny, I hope like hell he can learn it fast. Pretty excited to see what we got this year. This city of Cleveland is a buzz right now, lets hope it this way come playoff time.

As for Johnny, I hope like hell he can learn it fast.

that and a blue moon from lucky charms gets you abso fuggin lutely nothing.

i hope johnny can learn fast too.

learn how not to take a hit.

to say he is a contender for starting QB right now is laughable.

I think what a lot of people are missing is the fact we went out and got WR's that will actually catch the damn ball on 3rd down. Getting rid of the drive killers goes a long way in improving the offense and will help offset the loss of 1 guy getting 1600 yards receiving.

I think what a lot of people are missing is the fact we went out and got WR's that will actually catch the damn ball on 3rd down. Getting rid of the drive killers goes a long way in improving the offense and will help offset the loss of 1 guy getting 1600 yards receiving.

I agree 100%. I think a lot of us start to think in terms of Fantasy...where you need a marquee at each position. While that's preferable it's not the only way to win.

I will likely never pay any attention to anything any prognosticators say. I mean, all they really do is look at last year's records and playoff teams and mimic it. But when they do that they get guys who predict like, the Atlanta Falcons to get to the Super Bowl, when what we actually get is the 3-13 Atlantan Falcons.

I mean, the only thing that seems to be predictable are the Cleveland Browns......just say they will get 4-5 wins and they will be right.

(they have gotten either 4 or 5 wins now for 6 straight seasons).

Yeah man, this is spot on. A lot of people see the retreads and no names that is our wide receivers, but l really think they're going to surprise some people. They got some undrafted guys with great college numbers. They didn't have size or speed , hence the not being drafted part, but they must've had something to rack up yhose numbers. Hands and moxy.

man, i just can't understand the fools who think they are legit writers. do you earn that nowadays opening a box of cracker jack?

manziel above hoyer....again. i'll bet anyone on here with all their JF bravado that he doesn't start the season.

come and get some.

Actually Mik- Walter Football used to be one of the best. Oh, I read the whole article and most of the links on his site. People (including me) are starting to question his credibility. (He has acute qb bias, but more on that later.) To give the Browns only a C grade for drafting Gilbert- arguably the best CB in the draft, and on top of it, fits Pettine's defensive philosophy to a T? And getting a first and fourth out of the Bills next year? What Walter, you don't like it that the Browns passed on Watkins? If anything you should be hammering the Bills- who IMHO gave up WAY too much to get Sammy. (To be fair- he did - gave them a D grade for moving up to take him- If Manuel doesn't pan out the Bills are screwed multiple years.) OK, I didn't like that we passed on Watkins either, but I'm over it. A very fair trade off, should Gilbert and Haden turn into the Minnifield- Dixon Corners Brothers. .

My memory ain't what it used to be but I do remember Walter saying this- when the Redskins sold the Ranch to get RG III. "Three firsts and a second was the correct price to move up and get Griffin". Choke on it Walter- you don't think Washington could have used the pick they gave the Rams this past May? Griffin will have to have a HOF multi Super Bowl career to justify what the Redskins gave up to get him. It's more like our Steelers Trolls- the Browns have sucked since 1999, and they will continue to suck.

Colin Cowherd on ESPN just went through the league predicting final records. He has Ravens winning division, followed by Bungles, Steelers 7-9 and cleveland at 6-10.

He further said, hoyer plays more than jf.

Take it for what its worth. I like us to be a few games better. If we go 8-8. 9-7 and beat the steelers twice, its a success imho.

Colin Cowherd on ESPN just went through the league predicting final records. He has Ravens winning division, followed by Bungles, Steelers 7-9 and cleveland at 6-10.

He further said, hoyer plays more than jf.

Take it for what its worth. I like us to be a few games better. If we go 8-8. 9-7 and beat the steelers twice, its a success imho.

I'll be honked off if we land in the basement again- and I don't think we will. On paper the first three games are brutal. The preseason prognostications are almost invariably wrong about a few teams- and I'm hoping this year it's the Browns.

Anyone have the Chiefs @ 11-5, Falcons @ 4-14, or Texans @ 2-14? I seriously doubt it.

Other than @ wr- I'm assuming Gordon is going to miss significant time- the team looks pretty solid elsewhere.

With all due respect, how could you envision them ending up anywhere but the basement? Each of the other three teams are simply better. Browns fans don't seem to understand the difficulty of trying to compete when you have no experience in the front office and head coaching position......not to mention questionable talent at key positions.

The Browns talent is probably overall better than the other three teams in the division at like 20 of the 22 starting positions on the team.

But, yes, there is that question at QB and at WR ...but it would have been at 21 rather than 20 if not for the Josh Gordon situation.

And yes, a rookie coach and rookie GM.

And, dumbass, are you Serious? Browns fans more than any other fan base in the nation understand the difficulty of trying to compete with no experience in the FO and HC. We have had to go through it every two years for a decade and a half now.

We more than anyone know that even with better talent, you still have to learn how to win....which this team has not learned yet.

No sir, you are the ignorant one when it comes to FO turnover.

Your fan base...and I can only assume you are another of the plethora of ignorant Steeler fans that comes in, is the ignorant fan base when it comes to turnover.

But, you may learn. What will be the mood when the Steelers, now under Tomlin, have a losing record or at best .500 again?

(For you see, even though that team may have an edge at QB....it seems to be actually #4 in the division at overall strength of talent.

A booboo to BR and you will have Bruce Gradkowski as your QB...and not much talent to surround his mediocracy)

You better pray to God that BR stays healthy.

You're funny even at being a pompous windbag, you are ignorant of the facts that surround you. This statement is downright hilarious:

Browns fans more than any other fan base in the nation understand the difficulty of trying to compete with no experience in the FO and HC

If this were true, Browns fans wouldn't make stupid statements, like the one below, every year despite having the constant turnover which you say you are so tuned into!

The Browns talent is probably overall better than the other three teams in the division at like 20 of the 22 starting positions on the team.

Go position by position, comparing every starter at every position, and the Browns very likely will be considered to have more #1 players than any team in the division.

OK, maybe 20 out of 22 is a bit of an exaggeration...but my statement that overall the Browns have better talent than any other division team stands. Maybe the Bengals can come close

You simply can't separate dreams from reality........but you are comical!

And you are stupid.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candies and nuts, every day would be Christmas.......and your dreams would come true. Its obvious to everyone who reads your posts that you are quite enamored with yourself and your idiotic delusion.

This isn't an If or a but....the Browns have more better talent player for player than the other 4 teams in the division.

Yea, a big gap at QB...which, sure is the most important position.

And it is your idiotic delusion if you are not aware of that fact.

And as I have pointed out before.....there is one other big factor involved: the intangible factor. The Browns have not had that positive intangible, and it keeps them from winning despite their talent level. Part of it is bad coaching....or a bad culture (a product of Randy Lerner).

If you cannot see this, then you are an even bigger Douche Nozzle than the board admins think you are.

You poor dumb bastard! I think you actually believe yourself. We all know that the pundits and prognosticators are almost as full of shit as you are but they can't ALL be wrong in order for you to be right. I think the best power ranking for the Browns is 22nd and all of them have the Browns lower than the other three teams in the division. Maybe you could point out some facts that exist outside your head and outside of Cleveland to support your BS?

Did I stutter? The FACTS are that position for position the Browns have as much or more talent as any team in this division.

If you don't believe that, you a a fucking dumb dicklick.

The Browns #22 ranking ALL has to do with the two things I mentioned: Questionable QB play....and lack of a winning tradition.

One player at one position....an elite QB would change that power ranking probably to a Top Ten position

Example.....put BR or Flacco on this team or any elite QB....and they would be overwhelming favorites to win this division.

FACT JACK.

Now go fuck your fat wife....if you can even get it up.

don't get it twisted. the bet is the browns won't finish last so i'm counting on a team in our division (i don't care which one) to stink it up and for the browns to finally take that upswing that us fans have been waiting for AND a little bit of luck........

And you will explain away the facts with Bull Shit. I'll bet you have a shrine to yourself in your home!

I did it on the other thread. And like I said, maybe out of 26 positions, the Steelers have the edge at only a few slots.

But that main one is that most important QB spot.

And hell, I was easy on you.....Z gave the Steelers less credit than even I did.

Archived