THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Troubles

letsgojackets

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blows my mind the way some athletes have the world by the balls and just don't give a shit. Way to let everyone in your life down.......multiple times.......not mentioning college/s.......after the browns took you in a supplemental draft.......when no one else would touch you. Bet a lot of people want their jersey money back. Idiot.

Sad...

I think DQ may have nailed it.

D'Qwell Jackson ✔ @DQ52

If you're close to Josh Gordon please help this kid, it's not about football anymore it's about picking up the pieces of his life.

2:19 PM - 5 Jul 2014

unfortunately i doubt that his friends or family for that matter care. they were there for the financial handout and to smoke some killer hydro, nothing more.

guarantee you he had no father figure in his life and if he did he was a bum.

Sad...

I think DQ may have nailed it.

D'Qwell Jackson ✔ @DQ52

If you're close to Josh Gordon please help this kid, it's not about football anymore it's about picking up the pieces of his life.

2:19 PM - 5 Jul 2014

This sums up just how serious it is. What a shame.

Having worked as a counselor all my adult life I can say without a doubt this kid needs help more than he even understands at this point. Some get it right away and some lose everything before hitting rock bottom. Unfortunately that appears to be where he is headed at the moment, So far not one wake-up call has panned out for him, so outlook not so good.

bullshit. he wants to be the man and have a good time, yet he doesn't think of who he's hurting in the process. he promised when the browns selected him that he would straighten out and pay them back for selecting him in the supplemental draft. he knows exactly what he's doing and no one is twisting his arm.

if everyone needed a 'counselor' for everything in their lives that was bad then there'd be a lot more counselors.

pay me $100 an hour and i'll listen to your sob story too, and medicate you at the same time.

note AG: JF doesn't seem to have these probs yet his shit is plastered all over the tv. so what's the difference. i know let me see, his upbringing, his family, his lack of father figure, his bad influences as friends..... hey look, i'm a counselor!

Sorry Mik, often I am with you but you have this one dead wrong. It is so obvious he needs professional help it's like a billboard. Trust me , I want to call him a worthless, stupid , ignorant, selfish piece of garbage to blow off steam but the reality is he is a sick young man. This is the kind of guy that will either get it sooner or later or he will die or be imprisoned. What a depressing fucking thing for a guy that is likely the best receiver the league has ever seen.

Mik I can also assure you that today Josh is likely calling himself all those names and promising himself it won't happen again either, but it will be rinse repeat speaking from experience.

I can also assure you that today Josh is likely calling himself all those names and promising himself it won't happen again either, but it will be rinse repeat speaking from experience.

no disrespect to you or your profession...........

if you don't have that seed inside yourself to know when you've done something wrong, no one can implant that for you. just like people that have lived their lives in and out of the penal system. some people just need to be there instead of in society. of course i'm not saying that about this situation, but i've personally known and know people that are on a carousel of 'i'm sorry your honor, i'll never do it again' serve their time come out and be clean and then do exactly what they did before. like you said rinse and repeat. when do you finally say enough is enough?

ok, let the counselors and the rehabers deal with him now. but let the browns please wipe their hands clean of this mistake. this is a biz and he's been given every chance possible and he chose to do nothing but the opposite of what he promised all cleveland fans.

no disrespect to you or your profession...........

if you don't have that seed inside yourself to know when you've done something wrong, no one can implant that for you. just like people that have lived their lives in and out of the penal system. some people just need to be there instead of in society. of course i'm not saying that about this situation, but i've personally known and know people that are on a carousel of 'i'm sorry your honor, i'll never do it again' serve their time come out and be clean and then do exactly what they did before. like you said rinse and repeat. when do you finally say enough is enough?

ok, let the counselors and the rehabers deal with him now. but let the browns please wipe their hands clean of this mistake. this is a biz and he's been given every chance possible and he chose to do nothing but the opposite of what he promised all cleveland fans.

unfortunately i was on the other side of that coin about 25 years ago Mik, paying the counselors lol, no disrespect takn though, everyone is entitled to their opinion

Alright, quit crying in your beer. The Browns gambled and lost. We all witnessed a portion of the payoff, last season, when he had one of the more prolific performances in recent

NFL history and, now, we witness his worst as he tries his best to piss it all away.

I am of the opinion that substance abuse is a symptom of deeply rooted emotional turmoil. He needs professional help to rid himself of the demons.

My initial reaction was that he would never play again the NFL. But, there is always the chance, albeit small, that he can get his shit together and again showcase his God given

talents Some have overcome substance abuse/suspensions to go on and have a decent career:

Allen Iverson, Michael Irvin, Ricky Williams, Andre Agassi, LT, Josh Hamilton, Randy Moss and, as mentioned above, Carter

He needs to get to rehab and want to get unscrewedup.

Sad.

You draft for character as best you can. Gordon may mess up his life permanently if he

doesn't get serious about getting some help.

Football may be over for him.

The loser's "once in his lifetime, never to be repeated" season last year didn't help us win more than 4 games. We'll be just fine without his ass.

The loser's "once in his lifetime, never to be repeated" season last year didn't help us win more than 4 games. We'll be just fine without his ass.

having 5 WR's that actually catch the ball when thrown to them will make up for his missing production. 3 and outs will kill you every time.

With speeding tickets and having a guy with pot in his can and DWI, which they never said it was alcohol, just a substance, he will get no sympathy from the League. He probably already knows he is screded and just said F it. If the Browns let me go, I will do my time and then pull a Chris Carter.

With speeding tickets and having a guy with pot in his can and DWI, which they never said it was alcohol, just a substance, he will get no sympathy from the League. He probably already knows he is screded and just said F it. If the Browns let me go, I will do my time and then pull a Chris Carter.

.09 BAC. It was booze. .08 is the legal level.

.09 BAC. It was booze. .08 is the legal level.

Damn, and it was 3 in the morning. So either he didnt drink that much or waited a while to drive after a long night. Not saying him drinking and driving was not bad, just saying that any of us that go out to dinner and have 2 or 3 beers would blow the same thing. 1 standard drink per hour is what our body can get out of our system. I just dont see why you get arrested for .09. Gordon reps with probably contest it, saying it could have been a bad alco sensor. Like when was it last calibrated.

Sorry Mik, often I am with you but you have this one dead wrong. It is so obvious he needs professional help it's like a billboard. Trust me , I want to call him a worthless, stupid , ignorant, selfish piece of garbage to blow off steam but the reality is he is a sick young man. This is the kind of guy that will either get it sooner or later or he will die or be imprisoned. What a depressing fucking thing for a guy that is likely the best receiver the league has ever seen.

Mik I can also assure you that today Josh is likely calling himself all those names and promising himself it won't happen again either, but it will be rinse repeat speaking from experience.

Chris Carter even stated recently that Gordon hasn't hit "his bottom" yet & wouldn't respond to help until & unless he does. Carter said his own "bottom" came when he was cut. We are not doing Gordon any favors by keeping him. If we do that, we're only enabling his behaviors.

Time to part company.

Mike

Archived