THE BROWNS BOARD

If the Redskins are forced to change their name.......

LBC mike

This whole thing about the team name is pure bullshit. Hell why don't we just get rid of the team names completely. There absolutely has to be someone in the world offended by every name humanly possible. Don't like the name? Tough shit don't buy the product. Even more complete shit is the government getting involved. Fuck they can't run a country so I am pretty sure they do not have time to worry about meaningless crap like this.

I guarantee you that if there was a team named the Hillbillies the entire hillbilly nation could complain and it would go abso-fucking-lutely nowhere!!

Am I missing something? Has the govt told Snyder he has to change the name?

i don't think so. they are just publicly weighing in on something that has nothing to do with them except political favor.

i think there is more uproar from idiotic PC people than from some indian tribe or union.

i said to my friend last week that snyder would never change the name and he shouldn't...that i hadn't heard anything from any american indian groups etc. and he told me "all it takes is one person."

i'm starting to think he's right.

how was the NBA team used to be the Washington bullets? fitting for DC for a while. I am just thinking that if this change is forced, it could start a whole thing across the country. No more Indians, braves, local H.S. here in Cali their mascot is the Arabs (think it kinda funny), I remember my Jr. high school had to change their mascot "Warriors" a few years back to something cream puff.

Union school district, specifically their high school football team, is one of the most prominent in Oklahoma (Indian Territory/ "Land of the Red Man"), yet they use the Redskin moniker.

The funniest part, the biggest lawsuit they've faced is from the University of Miami for using the split U as their logo. Have they faced pressure and lawsuits about the Redskin moniker? Yup, but since they rank in the top 50 of high school football teams nationally, as well as compete for state championships, every damn year, you don't hear a lot of bitching in these parts.

The only reason this is an issue is because some po-dunk Indian tribes and politicians want some time in the press. If Washington could actually win on a consistent basis I fucking guarantee it wouldn't be an issue.

I'm half Irish and you want to know the only time I find Notre Dame's moniker and name offensive? When they are losing to fucking Navy, no offense to all the seamen out there. Do I look like a little drunken

midget standing like a 1800's era boxer? Hell no, although that is my go to fighting stance (I don't fight often) but that's a different story.

Needless to say, Washington just needs to win. It cures all ills. If it can work for one of the biggest school districts in Oklahoma, it can (well it would anywhere else besides Washington) work for a NFL team.

Do you guys remember hearing about this two years ago when RG3 took them to the playoffs?

The name will change eventually, probably sooner than later. The only question is what will it change to.

Since they have the Washington Wizards, how about the Washington Muggles.

More likely it will be an animal rather than some "politcal" name (Senators/Lobbyists/Insiders etc.).

Keep alliteration? Something innocuous like the Wildcats.

(or, they could do both and call them the Weasels).

we should all at least be honest here, it may not be quite the N word...but it's pretty close. This was a derogatory term used against a people we actually quite literally exterminated. So if the handful of native americans left in this land say hey...could you change that, what's the big fucking deal? Washington football fans are still going to watch the team. Same with Chief Wahoo...who cares? Will any of you stop watching Tribe games cause they get rid of that stupid red buffoon?

God damn it Gipper stop mentioning muggles all the time you homo.

LOL.

I don't know what a muggle is but it is probably from one of those troll movies where there is a wizard and they play with brooms and shit.

Z

LOL.

I don't know what a muggle is but it is probably from one of those troll movies where there is a wizard and they play with brooms and shit.

Z

Never watched or read any Harry Potter? A muggle is simply a person that is not endowed with the ability to perform magic.

Never watched or read any Harry Potter? A muggle is simply a person that is not endowed with the ability to perform magic.

Umm no, I never watched or read any of that stuff. Only Harry Potter I ever saw was when Lindsey Lohan played in a skit on SNL where her tits were busting out and the nerds were tripping over themselves. Good stuff.

Z

Umm no, I never watched or read any of that stuff. Only Harry Potter I ever saw was when Lindsey Lohan played in a skit on SNL where her tits were busting out and the nerds were tripping over themselves. Good stuff.

Z

OK, and who do you think caused those tits to bust out like that? It wasn't a muggle.

What's so hard here to understand? The term Caucasian is race descriptor, like the term native American or African American etc, etc. You would not be buying merchandise labeled Cleveland Honky's...or Cleveland Cracka ass Cracka's. Of course no one would be "offended" by the word Caucasian cause it's not a "slur". But you still wouldn't be buying Cleveland sports merchandise with the word Caucasian on it cause that's a stupid ass name.

How many of you would be offended by this change?

Caucasians_logo.jpg

What's so hard here to understand? The term Caucasian is race descriptor, like the term native American or African American etc, etc. You would not be buying merchandise labeled Cleveland Honky's...or Cleveland Cracka ass Cracka's. Of course no one would be "offended" by the word Caucasian cause it's not a "slur". But you still wouldn't be buying Cleveland sports merchandise with the word Caucasian on it cause that's a stupid ass name.

Hipsters would be all over the Cleveland Honky's gear.

Uh, it was a joke. But for you, insert Cracka asses in there instead.

Also, when looking at the controversy that the Cleveland Indians have had, the name Indians isn't the part that has been complained about. It's a race descriptor as well. It's the Chief Wahoo. So focus on the implied image that all white people are rich blond-haired people with large grins that wear collared Izod shirts.

yeah so the JACKSONVILLE JEWS would go over just fine, huh?

doubt it.

No cause it would be a stupid name for a sports franchise. Plus we all know the connotations of what calling someone who is not jewish a "jew" is. But the Jacksonville Joos might be boss just sayin.

yeah so the JACKSONVILLE JEWS would go over just fine, huh?

doubt it.

Yes I know the the controversy is over the Chief, mentioned that in a prior post. But the term Redskin is not and never was an official race descriptor. That's the issue native americans have with it. I'm glad they don't take exception to the name Indians as they could also theoretically object to the name as stupid because no one would call their team the African americans, Caucasians, latino's etc, etc. It's a cool name so I'm glad they just want us to get rid of wahoo, who I've never liked.

Also, when looking at the controversy that the Cleveland Indians have had, the name Indians isn't the part that has been complained about. It's a race descriptor as well. It's the Chief Wahoo. So focus on the implied image that all white people are rich blond-haired people with large grins that wear collared Izod shirts.

I think Uncle Kraker should be forced to change his name.

Yeah- they think Wahoo isn't noble enough to represent them.

205px-Pittsburgh_Penguins_logo.svg.png

I think animal rights activists ought to tell the Penguins to change their logo- the bird is a caricature- just like Wahoo.

Archived