THE BROWNS BOARD

Brandon Weeden is “outstanding” and “great”

When Stephen A. is the voice of reason...

On the other hand you gotta love Skip's two-tone hair... Weave or rug?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait a second- don't put Steven A Smith's words in my mouth.

lol i thought it somewhat appropo since it was originally daisy chained from ur vid. haha

but yes--misrepresentation. apologies. **tips hat**

(and what's HER name?)

You really never heard anything about the allegations and sanctions at YSU? Here are two articles that cover it some:

An ESPN article mostly about YSU: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1920867

An SI article about shady Tressel over the years: http://www.si.com/more-sports/2011/05/30/jim-tressel

There is another really good article out there just about YSU and it goes pretty in depth. I'll let you know if I find it.

So did you just keep your head in the sand or what?

I think my favorite part was OSU holding a celebration for Tressel and the players carrying him out on their shoulders... after he "resigned" and all the allegations came to light.

and again, instead of actually trying to defend Tressel, you just say "everyone does it". Any proof? Terrelle Pryor was seen driving 8 different cars during his time at OSU. Where is something similar to that at all other schools? Not every player comes from nothing, or comes from Barberton. There are probably players on every campus with wealthy families that have nice cars. Pryor though, did not fit in to this category.

I'll see if I can find that other article for you later.

Again.....Michigan's greatest accomplishment supposedly...the Fab Five, were nothing but cheaters and frauds. Ohio State has NEVER had as bad of a scandal as that bunch has had.

Besides....who really gives a shit about anything but this: Record since John Cooper got canned:

Ohio State 10, Michigan 2.

Riiiigghhhttt... Most wins in college football, but our greatest accomplishment is the Fab Five. I have no idea where you came up with that. Were they a cultural revolution? Of course. Michigan's"greatest accomplishment"... Lol

I'm not sure what you think the extent of the Fab Five scandal was, but the main difference is the university cooperated throughout the investigation. From the sound of your posts it doesn't seem like you have the best grasp on the issue.

We didn't have coaches...uh... Lying to the NCAA.

Tressel was a sleazeball dude. He has a trail of sleaze stretching back to YSU. If you got your head out of the sand you'd see that. You know, instead of blaming everyone else, saying it was "not snitching", bringing up the Fab Five, etc etc etc. Just deflecting luke crazy. It really makes it look like you know you are wrong.

but yes, nothing occurred before Tressel, and Tressel was a saint. Got it

One of Tressel's duties then was to organize and run the Buckeyes' summer camp. Most of the young players who attended it would never play college football, but a few were top prospects whom Ohio State was recruiting. At the end of camp, attendees bought tickets to a raffle with prizes such as cleats and a jersey. According to his fellow assistant, Tressel rigged the raffle so that the elite prospects won -- a potential violation of NCAA rules. Says the former colleague, who asked not to be identified because he still has ties to the Ohio State community, "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."

Riiiigghhhttt... Most wins in college football, but our greatest accomplishment is the Fab Five. I have no idea where you came up with that. Were they a cultural revolution? Of course. Michigan's"greatest accomplishment"... Lol

I'm not sure what you think the extent of the Fab Five scandal was, but the main difference is the university cooperated throughout the investigation. From the sound of your posts it doesn't seem like you have the best grasp on the issue.

We didn't have coaches...uh... Lying to the NCAA.

Tressel was a sleazeball dude. He has a trail of sleaze stretching back to YSU. If you got your head out of the sand you'd see that. You know, instead of blaming everyone else, saying it was "not snitching", bringing up the Fab Five, etc etc etc. Just deflecting luke crazy. It really makes it look like you know you are wrong.

but yes, nothing occurred before Tressel, and Tressel was a saint. Got it

One of Tressel's duties then was to organize and run the Buckeyes' summer camp. Most of the young players who attended it would never play college football, but a few were top prospects whom Ohio State was recruiting. At the end of camp, attendees bought tickets to a raffle with prizes such as cleats and a jersey. According to his fellow assistant, Tressel rigged the raffle so that the elite prospects won -- a potential violation of NCAA rules. Says the former colleague, who asked not to be identified because he still has ties to the Ohio State community, "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."

Haven't you heard, the NCAA is no longer doing any enforcement. It is open field for cheating in the NCAA. So says the Commissioner of the Big 12.

Your attitude about Tressel lies merely in the fact that over the years he has pummelled that inferior product that Michigan put out.

You would be....and have been making excuses for far, far worse infractions that have been committed by Michigan. Your entire basketball squad was an academic fraud....and the school knew about it an encouraged it. Only when the shit hit the fan did they begin to cooperate.

Lying to the NCAA? There isn't a coach in existance that probably hasn't lied to the NCAA. Hell, not only do the coaches in the SEC lie to the NCAA just by breathing, they serve as agents to shift money from boosters to players.

All I can say is that it is no wonder your priorities in life are so fucked up, considering the the poor choice of college you made.

The ONLY reason Michigan has the most wins in college football history is because they have been playing it at a higher level longer than anyone else. A big part of that edge came prior to 1920.

OK, yea, the truth is that Michigan had about a 30 year head start on Ohio State at operating a top college program.

But, since Ohio State joined the Big Ten in like 1922, they have been better.

...the NCAA is no longer doing any enforcement. It is open field for cheating in the NCAA. So says the Commissioner of the Big 12.

That was a stunning statement.

I mean I'm pretty cynical, but when I saw that clip yesterday... I think even my jaw dropped a little.

dude you're from ohio. you're just going to mich for school.

it's not like you joined the anti-ohio militia or something.

why the tressel hate?

don't live in glass houses and throw stones.

I am from Ohio. I graduated in May too.

I don't so much hate Tressel, I hate OSU fans perception of him. They make gum out to be a saint that only had his poor poor players best interest in mind. Or its "whatever, everyone does it".

Dude was a hell of a coach and a father figure that molded a lot of troubled guys into good people, no doubt. His success isn't untainted though. The dude dud some shady stuff that aided in his success.

That was a stunning statement.I mean I'm pretty cynical, but when I saw that clip yesterday... I think even my jaw dropped a little.

and that sucks. I'd much prefer actual enforcement. It gives the little guys a much better shit and you aren't punished for following the rules. The SEC would nit have won as many titles in a row either. Over signing, Saban abusing medical hardships, paying players, etc. I would prefer it all to actually be enforced

Haven't you heard, the NCAA is no longer doing any enforcement. It is open field for cheating in the NCAA. So says the Commissioner of the Big 12.

Your attitude about Tressel lies merely in the fact that over the years he has pummelled that inferior product that Michigan put out.

You would be....and have been making excuses for far, far worse infractions that have been committed by Michigan. Your entire basketball squad was an academic fraud....and the school knew about it an encouraged it. Only when the shit hit the fan did they begin to cooperate.

Lying to the NCAA? There isn't a coach in existance that probably hasn't lied to the NCAA. Hell, not only do the coaches in the SEC lie to the NCAA just by breathing, they serve as agents to shift money from boosters to players.

All I can say is that it is no wonder your priorities in life are so fucked up, considering the the poor choice of college you made.

The ONLY reason Michigan has the most wins in college football history is because they have been playing it at a higher level longer than anyone else. A big part of that edge came prior to 1920.

OK, yea, the truth is that Michigan had about a 30 year head start on Ohio State at operating a top college program.

But, since Ohio State joined the Big Ten in like 1922, they have been better.

3 of the years we got pummeled were under RRod. Most people knew that was going to be a very difficult transition for many reasons. At least 3 other of those times were what, 4 or less point games? Crabke being an idiot, missed 2pt, etc. OSU isn't as untouchable as you seem to think. Urban will get a headache in a few years and we'll see what happens.

And again, this success came about from a trail if shady before and various run ins with the NCAA. Ever since YSU. It is tainted. That's where my distaste for Tressel comes from. The good ole god fearing "Senator" persona he outs on while breaking and bending NCAA rules behind the scenes. Sure, losing sucks, especially close games. But losing to a shady coach while the opposing fan base either burries their heads in the sand or just says "well everyone does it". That sucks worse.

yes yes... Everyone does it. The SEC does it... Got it.

and again with the Fab Five. We get it, you're down yo deflecting. Give me some sources at least to back up your claims.

My priorities? Lol yeah. I should have used my college fund on some tiny overpriced liberal arts college. All the job possibilities! And the name recognition! Silly me for going to a top engineering, national and world school. Stupid of me to go to a top 3 school for my major. Those 300+ company career fairs, all the resources and opportunities, the plnane recognition, alumni base, prestige. Dumb dumb dumb.

but based on your previous statements about colleges (Akron engineering and Miami)... you really have no credibility.

I think we have the highest winning percentage too. We're almost tied with ND now

The dude dud some shady stuff that aided in his success.

like i said don't throw stones.

i'm sure if people wanted to dig we could find some shady shit about schembechler.

people just knew how to sweep stuff under the rug back then until this supposed transparent generation.

everyone's got skeletons. everyone.

like i said don't throw stones.

i'm sure if people wanted to dig we could find some shady shit about schembechler.

people just knew how to sweep stuff under the rug back then until this supposed transparent generation.

everyone's got skeletons. everyone.

did he punch an opposing player in the face? That would be bad

I'm not talking about that era though. I'm talking about recent history. Show me where Carr was shady and I'll listen.

I wouldn't say they knew how to sweep it under the rug, there just was less trying to expose it. No internet, 24/7 coverage, etc.

3 of the years we got pummeled were under RRod. Most people knew that was going to be a very difficult transition for many reasons. At least 3 other of those times were what, 4 or less point games? Crabke being an idiot, missed 2pt, etc. OSU isn't as untouchable as you seem to think. Urban will get a headache in a few years and we'll see what happens.

Face it, even in the Cooper era OSU overall had better players, its just that Cooper couldn't coach them in the big games because he was a choker.

The fact of the matter is that OHio produces far more better players than Michigan....and that historically Michigan's best players come from Ohio.....like their last two Heisman winners.

So, Cooper sucked, and OSU finallly got a couple of decent coaches who don't choke.

Michigan will win a few games, and will keep some games close, but overall they cannot match the quality and quantity of good players....and coaches that OSU has and will continue to have.

And again, this success came about from a trail if shady before and various run ins with the NCAA. Ever since YSU. It is tainted. That's where my distaste for Tressel comes from.

Nothing is tainted except your brain. You got a problem? Its your fucking problem....mope and groan about it. Nobody cares.

he good ole god fearing "Senator" persona he outs on while breaking and bending NCAA rules behind the scenes.

How do you think fucking Michigan gets those good players from Ohio? Because they are breaking the rules behind the scene.

Sure, losing sucks, especially close games. But losing to a shady coach while the opposing fan base either burries their heads in the sand or just says "well everyone does it". That sucks worse.

and again with the Fab Five. We get it, you're down yo deflecting. Give me some sources at least to back up your claims.

Sources....uhm, the testimonies of Jalen Rose, Chris Webber, etc. The NCAA investigation. The NCAA sanctions.

My priorities? Lol yeah. I should have used my college fund on some tiny overpriced liberal arts college. All the job possibilities! And the name recognition! Silly me for going to a top engineering, national and world school.

No, you couldn't have become an engineer at those Liberal Arts Colleges. They don't have engineering programs. They are not tech schools.

Had you chosen to go into a Liberal Arts field, yes, you would have been better off going to a top quality Liberal Arts school, like my son did.

And yes, some of them DO have outstanding name recognition among those who are in the know.

tupid of me to go to a top 3 school for my major. Those 300+ company career fairs, all the resources and opportunities, the plnane recognition, alumni base, prestige. Dumb dumb dumb.

Top 3? Funny, I thought you went to Michigan, not MIT, Stanford, or Cal Tech

but based on your previous statements about colleges (Akron engineering and Miami)... you really have no credibility.

I don't know about Miami, not sure where you got Miami. I can tell you that my son's friend that went to Akron probably got just as good a job as you did, from what I understand.

As for the Liberal Arts educationm my son works for a top Pharmacology Dept. in the US right now, and is looking to go the grad school at the likes of Cornell, John Hopkins, Sloan Kettering, Weill Cornell, Berkely and the like.

So, yes, all the recognition, resources, prestige can and do come from smaller liberal arts colleges....you know like Occidental etc.

It all depends on the field.

I think we have the highest winning percentage too. We're almost tied with ND now

Well, maybe, but again, it is primarily based on pre-1920 record. Fine, that counts. But, as noted, since OSU joined the Big Ten in like 1922 they are better.

some people like playing the villain.

explain to a potential future employer why a guy from ohio chose michigan when there's a buckeye plaque hanging on the wall behind him.

might as well just get up and walk out.

yep, some people are just like you.

explain to a potential future employer why a guy from ohio chose michigan when there's a buckeye plaque hanging on the wall behind him.

I think Woody has a michigan flag shoved up his ass.

I could tell him why. I wouldn't be in control after that point

On the flip side, the opposite could happen. A Michigan alum could look out for their own. I've already experienced this "extra recruiting effort" for one position.

also, my current boss and final say in bringing me in to my current role is an OSU alum. She seemed to but it behind her

I am not saying the guy should not root for or be proud of his school. But there is certainly nothing superior about them at this stage.

Yea, OK, they kicked ass in the era of 1870 to 1920 and far outwon everyone else. But, like I said, since OSU joined the Big Ten, they have been better.

i get the rah rah shit but sometimes it goes too far, especially when you are just setting out in life and have way more important things to think about than OSU vs. mich.

yeah be proud but don't be an arse about it either.

in the big and small of things it's pretty fucking small.

and that goes for both sides.

What you guys think I'm arguing and what I am actually trying to are completely different at this stage. I was just trying to point out Tressel isn't a saint. Then I heard "Fab Five" thus and "Michigan isn't as good" that.

Michigan vs OSU isn't the only thing I'm thinking about lol. I'm posting on a forum, just like anyone else. I'm sorry if I'm a minority opinion.

I'm not being an ass about anything cuz I'm not trying to make the points you're saying I am.

Hell Gipper called me a dick before I really said anything...

well you are posting on a NE ohio based forum so yeah you would be in the minority as far as mich vs. osu goes.

no one said tressel was a saint. he got caught. i'm sure there was plenty of shady shit going on in the past and present in ann arbor as well as college station as well as tallahassee etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

can we get back on topic?

OSU fans can assume all they like. Its easiest just to say everyone does it. There are some that act like he's a saint. He has a documented history of allegations and actual sanctions though. That's not happening at every school...

This thread had no real topic lol. As much as everyone here likes to rip on anything not browns or bad browns players

Face it, even in the Cooper era OSU overall had better players, its just that Cooper couldn't coach them in the big games because he was a choker.

The fact of the matter is that OHio produces far more better players than Michigan....and that historically Michigan's best players come from Ohio.....like their last two Heisman winners.

So, Cooper sucked, and OSU finallly got a couple of decent coaches who don't choke.

Michigan will win a few games, and will keep some games close, but overall they cannot match the quality and quantity of good players....and coaches that OSU has and will continue to have.

And again, this success came about from a trail if shady before and various run ins with the NCAA. Ever since YSU. It is tainted. That's where my distaste for Tressel comes from.

Nothing is tainted except your brain. You got a problem? Its your fucking problem....mope and groan about it. Nobody cares.

he good ole god fearing "Senator" persona he outs on while breaking and bending NCAA rules behind the scenes.

How do you think fucking Michigan gets those good players from Ohio? Because they are breaking the rules behind the scene.

Sure, losing sucks, especially close games. But losing to a shady coach while the opposing fan base either burries their heads in the sand or just says "well everyone does it". That sucks worse.

Sources....uhm, the testimonies of Jalen Rose, Chris Webber, etc. The NCAA investigation. The NCAA sanctions.

My priorities? Lol yeah. I should have used my college fund on some tiny overpriced liberal arts college. All the job possibilities! And the name recognition! Silly me for going to a top engineering, national and world school.

No, you couldn't have become an engineer at those Liberal Arts Colleges. They don't have engineering programs. They are not tech schools.

Had you chosen to go into a Liberal Arts field, yes, you would have been better off going to a top quality Liberal Arts school, like my son did.

And yes, some of them DO have outstanding name recognition among those who are in the know.

tupid of me to go to a top 3 school for my major. Those 300+ company career fairs, all the resources and opportunities, the plnane recognition, alumni base, prestige. Dumb dumb dumb.Top 3? Funny, I thought you went to Michigan, not MIT, Stanford, or Cal Tech

I don't know about Miami, not sure where you got Miami. I can tell you that my son's friend that went to Akron probably got just as good a job as you did, from what I understand.

As for the Liberal Arts educationm my son works for a top Pharmacology Dept. in the US right now, and is looking to go the grad school at the likes of Cornell, John Hopkins, Sloan Kettering, Weill Cornell, Berkely and the like.

So, yes, all the recognition, resources, prestige can and do come from smaller liberal arts colleges....you know like Occidental etc.

It all depends on the field.

Well, maybe, but again, it is primarily based on pre-1920 record. Fine, that counts. But, as noted, since OSU joined the Big Ten in like 1922 they are better.

More good players come from Ohio. Alright, cool. That literally has nothing to do with the current "debate" and I'm not gonna disagree. I would just say then OSU should do a better job of holding on to their Bo's, Howard's and Woodsons.

If you think OSU will now forever always be the better program you're delusional lol. You came in undefeated last year and won by a point. We're finally getting the RRod recruits out. We canned our crappy OC. I feel good. The schedule next year is tough but 2015 is the put up or shut up year for Hoke. It has been for awhile.

Pryor was seen driving 8 different cars while at OSU. Its easy to just say other schools do it. Its another thing to give that any credibility.

If I went in to liberal arts I would have been fine at a big, well respected school like Michigan. Of course, I wanted a job so I didn't go liberal arts (I'm excluding the STEM subjects from liberal arts here). Please, no hate comments all at once

We've been over the fact in other threads you literally know nothing about the relative academic rankings of schools and their programs. Within ME, Michigan was #2 my Jr year. Of course these rankings aren't the end all be all, and it is more of a relative measurement. I'm just saying, you could make the argument for top 3. Engineering overall it is really similar from like 3 to 9. They shuffle them around to sell subscriptions

yes, I've heard about your son countless times. That's great for him. I was talking about Miami Ohio. This is all in another thread already. Your cluelessnes is documented. My responses to the comments you made that were completely unrelated to the original "debate" are documented.

What you guys think I'm arguing and what I am actually trying to are completely different at this stage. I was just trying to point out Tressel isn't a saint. Then I heard "Fab Five" thus and "Michigan isn't as good" that.

Yes, you heard truth on the internet. No one said Tressel is a saint.....its just that his improprieties are really blown out of proportion. Sure, he didn't rat on his players. BFD. Compare that to the sleaze that we all know goes on in the SEC. Cam's Dad wants a couple hundred K. Why? Because that was probably the going market rate probably for a good SEC QB......as I am sure his dad was aware, because so many other probably got that cash.

Michigan vs OSU isn't the only thing I'm thinking about lol. I'm posting on a forum, just like anyone else. I'm sorry if I'm a minority opinion.

I'm not being an ass about anything cuz I'm not trying to make the points you're saying I am.

Don't take it personal, I think anyone who goes from Ohio to play for Michigan is a dick. In essence, the biggest Buckeye/Michigan dick of all came from just a few blocks of where I sit.

More good players come from Ohio. Alright, cool. That literally has nothing to do with the current "debate" and I'm not gonna disagree. I would just say then OSU should do a better job of holding on to their Bo's, Howard's and Woodsons.

Ohio State already had a HC, you know, that Woody guy, Bo's mentor, when Bo was approached to take the Michigan job. No one including Woody would begrudge him taking such a high profile job. If the OSU job was open when Bo was ready to make the jump to the big time....you better ass believe he would have chosen Ohio St. On the other two....those were a couple that Cooper let get away. Now, not so many of them get away, and really, OSU can't get every single good player that comes out of Ohio, there are just too many.

If you think OSU will now forever always be the better program you're delusional lol. You came in undefeated last year and won by a point. We're finally getting the RRod recruits out. We canned our crappy OC. I feel good. The schedule next year is tough but 2015 is the put up or shut up year for Hoke. It has been for awhile.

No, OSU will always be the better program. I guess that is, unless you get another good Ohioan to run that program like you got Bo. You did almost get one: Les Miles. From Ohio, Lorain or Elyria I think.

Pryor was seen driving 8 different cars while at OSU. Its easy to just say other schools do it. Its another thing to give that any credibility.

Pryor was not seen driving 8 different cars. Did you see him? I didn't see him. You are just aping the hate that you want because you are a Michigan dick.

If I went in to liberal arts I would have been fine at a big, well respected school like Michigan.

And you would have been stupid for doing so.

Of course, I wanted a job so I didn't go liberal arts (I'm excluding the STEM subjects from liberal arts here). Please, no hate comments all at once

So? Its all about the money? If so, then you should be willing to tell us how much this new job is paying you.....and where are you working now? Kansas/Nebraska or the like.

We've been over the fact in other threads you literally know nothing about the relative academic rankings of schools and their programs.

I know just about everything about the relative ranking of schools and their programs. A thousand times more than you do. I can read, and I had to do this process for two kids, first at the undergrad level and now I will be going through at the grad school level. Don't tell me I don't know anything about this.

Within ME, Michigan was #2 my Jr year. Of course these rankings aren't the end all be all, and it is more of a relative measurement.

Sure, absolutely they aren't...and that is why I say that Akron very well may be as good as Michigan....because it is all relative.

I'm just saying, you could make the argument for top 3. Engineering overall it is really similar from like 3 to 9. They shuffle them around to sell subscriptions

Granted.

yes, I've heard about your son countless times. That's great for him.

It is, thank goodness he is smarter than you about this.

I was talking about Miami Ohio.

Why were you talking about Miami, Ohio? I don't recall bringing Miami, Ohio into the mix......unless we are talking about Bo Schembechler's and others Alma Mater.

This is all in another thread already. Your cluelessnes is documented. My responses to the comments you made that were completely unrelated to the original "debate" are documented.

Your cluelessness is even more documented.

You went to Michigan, what greater evidence of cluelessness is there?

And who cares what the original debate was? I mean, this is a "Brandon Weeden" thread.

Can you not carry on an organic conversation? Maybe if you were a liberal arts major instead of an engineer you could do so.

Yes, you heard truth on the internet. No one said Tressel is a saint.....its just that his improprieties are really blown out of proportion. Sure, he didn't rat on his players. BFD. Compare that to the sleaze that we all know goes on in the SEC. Cam's Dad wants a couple hundred K. Why? Because that was probably the going market rate probably for a good SEC QB......as I am sure his dad was aware, because so many other probably got that cash.

Don't take it personal, I think anyone who goes from Ohio to play for Michigan is a dick. In essence, the biggest Buckeye/Michigan dick of all came from just a few blocks of where I sit.

"Didn't rat on his players". Lol. Is there a "snitches get stitches" motto at OSU? He wasn't another player or something, he was the coach. The authority figure. Part of his job is getting everyone to follow the rules.

yes, I know the SEC is dirty as fuck. We've been over this. I would love to ser them get correctly punished as well.

So I'm still a dick if I went their for school? I only "competed" for Michigan twice at school, so am I good? If school counts too then that sucks. Why you gotta limit me like that man?

Who is the biggest dick? My bad if you said it already and I missed it

"Didn't rat on his players". Lol. Is there a "snitches get stitches" motto at OSU? He wasn't another player or something, he was the coach. The authority figure. Part of his job is getting everyone to follow the rules.

yes, I know the SEC is dirty as fuck. We've been over this. I would love to ser them get correctly punished as well.

Then STFU. Worry about the ass kicking you are going to get this coming year, not the ass kickings you got the past decade plus.

So I'm still a dick if I went their for school?

I dunno, you seem like you might be a dick no matter where you went to school.

I only "competed" for Michigan twice at school, so am I good? If school counts too then that sucks. Why you gotta limit me like that man?

Who is the biggest dick? My bad if you said it already and I missed it

I have no idea what you are talking about....to quote Charley Sheen in Ferris Beuhler's Day Off: "Drugs?"

...that...

your words hurt, but I'll try to find a way to carry on

This started because of a comment I made regarding Tressel being the reason OSU got the sanctions it did. I was met with denial, the defense of him, hearing how everyone does it, hearing how Michigan sucks, etc etc etc. I wasn't ever trying to say anything about the SEC. It was brought up and I agree with the statements made. That doesn't change the fact Tressels legacy is tainted.

Archived