THE BROWNS BOARD

Directv Sunday Ticket Less Than $200

USFBrown

FYI - For all my Browns brothers in case you didn't hear...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/20/directv-drops-price-of-sunday-ticket-under-200/

DirecTV drops price of Sunday Ticket under $200

Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT

At a time everything relating to the NFL seems to be getting more and more expensive, one fairly significant aspect of the fan experience is getting cheaper.

According to Bloomberg.com, via SportsBusiness Daily, DirecTV will cut the price of its Sunday Ticket feature by more than 40 percent, to $199.95.

Also, the service once again will be provided free for one season to new subscribers.

Since 1994, Sunday Ticket has held exclusive rights to out-of-market games, making it an indispensable tool for anyone who follows a team that doesn’t have a local connection.

Still not worth it too me. I go to every home game and spend a lot of time downtown on those days ,or in a bar that has the ticket. So it would only be good for me on Sunday's the Browns are on the road. And those days are usaully spent at someone's house or a bar that already has the ticket.

Sweeeeet...

$199.95 one-time or 5 payments of $39.95...

Done deal...

Still not worth it too me. I go to every home game and spend a lot of time downtown on those days ,or in a bar that has the ticket. So it would only be good for me on Sunday's the Browns are on the road. And those days are usaully spent at someone's house or a bar that already has the ticket.

Away games aren't on local channels??? :blink:

Sweeeeet...

$199.95 one-time or 5 payments of $39.95...

Done deal...

Away games aren't on local channels??? :blink:

They are, but the other games are not

I am guessing they lost a little money last year when the rate was so high. I just called and threatened to cancel and got it for around $200 last year plus all kinds of other credits. I wonder what they will give me this year now that they lowered the price? Can't wait to find out.

Oh I see. Can I subscribe to MAX and not have satellite service? The website is not clear about that unless I missed it. I just want to stream the games and don't want a month tv bill to go with it.

SO I called them up and you cannot just purchase the ticket to stream online without getting satellite service too. That stinks. Looks like I will be streaming games illegally again. Way to lose out NFL.

That's fantastic news..

$200 for 16 weeks of football is definitely cheaper than what it would cost going to a bar every Sunday.

No doubt....for me a half of seasons worth is cheaper.

I don't want a dish, but I will think about buying a Play Station.....you can get it through that.

I've had Directv since 1999. I convinced my wife back then it was cheaper at $300 or whatever it was per season than it was for me to go to a bar every Sunday to watch the Browns.

I'm with you there Mark. However- if you want all the bells and whistles it's still going to cost you $300. The shortcuts are really nice- but anymore, I don't know if I want to pay the extra $100 to get them. For those that don't have *D, the shortcuts are almost like a coach's film- you just see the plays- period. You can watch an entire game in about 25 minutes. So if you're really hard core, you could take in every Sunday game except the night game in about 7 hours.

I'm with you there Mark. However- if you want all the bells and whistles it's still going to cost you $300. The shortcuts are really nice- but anymore, I don't know if I want to pay the extra $100 to get them. For those that don't have *D, the shortcuts are almost like a coach's film- you just see the plays- period. You can watch an entire game in about 25 minutes. So if you're really hard core, you could take in every Sunday game except the night game in about 7 hours.

I think I've only watched those like once or twice so I wouldn't miss them. I like watching the NFL network replays of the 4 games best games from the weekend on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I've had Directv since 1999. I convinced my wife back then it was cheaper at $300 or whatever it was per season than it was for me to go to a bar every Sunday to watch the Browns.

If you die opening weekend in Cleveland does she get the whole $200 back?

Zombo

If you die opening weekend in Cleveland does she get the whole $200 back?

Zombo

You're forgetting that she would keep it so she can keep watching the games the rest of the season. Our luck is changing this year...she now has her own Browns shirt to wear on gamedays this season, that's going to change everything.

Archived