THE BROWNS BOARD

Rank The Afc North Draft

OSU Kid

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds crazy but Cincy is slowly building a very good young team. They will be pretty tough from here on out. Baltimore id give a b- and Steelers get a b-. As for us we addressed some glaring needs and will be surprisingly better this year, but still a year from being able to take the final step to the top of the division.

So,

Cincy

Bal

Pit

Clv(we have one of the top 5 hardest schedules.) 7-9 losing early and winning late.

I'm not going to hand out grades but I will just talk about the Bengals real quick cause I honestly don't know what everyone is seeing in their draft. I strongly believe that a draft can't be judged before the guys play but I don't get why everyone is jerking off to their draft and booing at ours.

Kirkpatrick is not a great CB. He is too stiff hipped, doesn't have great hands, and doesn't have the speed to make up for it. Honestly all a WR needs to do is punch him at the line and regardless of their speed they are at least getting a nice long reception. If they move him to say SS he would do better, but they aren't and for the reason the pick isn't great. IMO he should have been a second round pick.

Zeitler is a solid pick up with the 2nd 1st round pick but it is very bland when you realize who they could have gotten instead with their first. But that's not Zeitler's fault and he can be a pro bowler some day. Still is solid DT but from watching Big 10 football every weekend he left me wanting. I think the DT from Washington the Steelers got in the 4th projects a lot better than still. I think Sanu is a good pick up in the 3rd round, could have easily gone in the early 2nd and I think he has enough talent to make a great #2 WR and have some 1000+ yard seasons.

I like Thompson better than our Hughes pick but not by much and honestly I think the Bengals needed DT even less than we did so the pick makes less sense. Charles is a good pick in the 4th but he is also a huge risk player for only being the #2 TE. The only two other guys that I know of their picks are Jones Cal who I think as a good chance of being solid but is going to get swallowed up on the roster and Herron who in my opinion is not that great and won't compliment BJGE very well as a 2nd or 3rd back. I don't understand how a guy with the caliber of Polk goes undrafted but Herron gets taken.

Anyway those are my opinions on their draft. I sure as hell wouldn't be surprised if they pulled another pro bowler out of it and some of the players I don't really like could end up being good but I certainly can't say that I like it anymore than the Browns draft.

It sounds crazy but Cincy is slowly building a very good young team. They will be pretty tough from here on out. Baltimore id give a b- and Steelers get a b-. As for us we addressed some glaring needs and will be surprisingly better this year, but still a year from being able to take the final step to the top of the division.

So,

Cincy

Bal

Pit

Clv(we have one of the top 5 hardest schedules.) 7-9 losing early and winning late.

How is the Steeler draft ranked 3rd? They certainly had a better draft than Baltimore and for the picks we had I'd argue we had a better draft than the Bengals as well. A guard in the mold of Faneca and a left tackle that should start at left or right tackle as a rookie. Spence is a heat seeking missile and the nose tackle is cut from the Hampton mold. You then add in Rainey in the 5th who A LOT of people compare to LeMichael James and Isiah Pead both who were drafted much higher. The Steelers killed it.

How is the Steeler draft ranked 3rd? They certainly had a better draft than Baltimore and for the picks we had I'd argue we had a better draft than the Bengals as well. A guard in the mold of Faneca and a left tackle that should start at left or right tackle as a rookie. Spence is a heat seeking missile and the nose tackle is cut from the Hampton mold. You then add in Rainey in the 5th who A LOT of people compare to LeMichael James and Isiah Pead both who were drafted much higher. The Steelers killed it.

Douche thee name is Homo.

1st Rainey is not even close to James, the OT will start becuase you have to get younger there. Spence is no where near what you already have as lbs he is more a depth add for now. Your OG is a beast, i will admit.

1st Rainey is not even close to James, the OT will start becuase you have to get younger there. Spence is no where near what you already have as lbs he is more a depth add for now. Your OG is a beast, i will admit.

Mayock, Billick AND Charles Davis said Rainey is from the exact same mold. Mike Adams is also one of the few tackles in the draft where several draftniks labeled a tackle with "left tackle feet". He should have never fallen to 56 but because of his "weed" issue he dropped. He went through a lot to get back on the Steeler draft board and met all the criteria. As a result he was drafted at 56. I also agree that spence is depth. Who exactly is he going to start over right now? But he has tremendous instincts and he's rarely out of position. There is a reason several media outlets are labeling the Steeler draft as one of the best if not THE best. I'm not here to toot my teams horn but I thought their draft being ranked 3rd was ridiculous. Great, great draft. You also need to watch some tape on Rainey if you don't think he's James-esque.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/28/steelers-steal-chris-rainey/

Rainey...watch some tape. He's likely going to return kicks and be a special teams gunner BUT he was drafted because of Hailey and being far too good to pass up. Hailey used McCluster effectively in Kansas City. I expect similar use with Rainey. He also lived with the Pouncey brothers for a good portion of his life. Also he and Ben can go out to the bar! (Self zinger!)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/28/steelers-steal-chris-rainey/

Rainey...watch some tape. He's likely going to return kicks and be a special teams gunner BUT he was drafted because of Hailey and being far too good to pass up. Hailey used McCluster effectively in Kansas City. I expect similar use with Rainey. He also lived with the Pouncey brothers for a good portion of his life. Also he and Ben can go out to the bar! (Self zinger!)

Rainey is like mc cluster alittle. Anyway i live about 3 hours from gainesville and have seen manu gator games and rainey was not that great against SEC teams as a runner, just too damn small. Also when you are ranking a draft your are putting them in order as to how i feel the division did. I did not rataing them on a A,B,C system. I didnt say any one team sucked dick. This is how i rank the draft in our division. As a matter a fact after looking through these picks again i think we had a way better draft than you. .http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2012/nfl_draft_order_full.cfm

Go through there and honestly tell me our draft was not better than yours on talent and need and depth.

New ranking

Clv

Cin

Blt

Pit

Rainey is like mc cluster alittle. Anyway i live about 3 hours from gainesville and have seen manu gator games and rainey was not that great against SEC teams as a runner, just too damn small. Also when you are ranking a draft your are putting them in order as to how i feel the division did. I did not rataing them on a A,B,C system. I didnt say any one team sucked dick. This is how i rank the draft in our division. As a matter a fact after looking through these picks again i think we had a way better draft than you. .http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2012/nfl_draft_order_full.cfm

Go through there and honestly tell me our draft was not better than yours on talent and need and depth.

New ranking

Clv

Cin

Blt

Pit

Trollie, troller skins. I'm not dumb enough to jump in to this one. Try getting one of the others to bite on your comedy gold. You should probably take this one on the road or at least make a humorous youtube vid. "Factory of Sadness"

Ok bro it is a team by team list of draft picks. Do as you will.

There isn't a realistic person on the planet that would grade the Browns higher than the Steelers. You could argue the Bengals but they also had more picks in the higher rounds. The Ravens had a solid draft but it wasn't all that great and the Browns certainly didn't have a poor draft by any stretch. I think every team in the division improved but the Steelers grabbed some SERIOUS steals, all the way through round 5. It's hard for me to get super excited because you don't know a damn thing until you see them on the NFL field but as of right now it may be the best Steeler draft since 74. The Browns did not have a stronger draft. Period.

There isn't a realistic person on the planet that would grade the Browns higher than the Steelers. You could argue the Bengals but they also had more picks in the higher rounds. The Ravens had a solid draft but it wasn't all that great and the Browns certainly didn't have a poor draft by any stretch. I think every team in the division improved but the Steelers grabbed some SERIOUS steals, all the way through round 5. It's hard for me to get super excited because you don't know a damn thing until you see them on the NFL field but as of right now it may be the best Steeler draft since 74. The Browns did not have a stronger draft. Period.

I guess which ever team has more rookies starting will determine the best draft then.

Considering the dramatic impact on the team, the Browns get an A+++. The Bengals get a C-....

the stupid, ugly stinkin ratbirds get a C...

and the sterioders of the three rivers scum get a C.

@@

I guess which ever team has more rookies starting will determine the best draft then.

Unless one team is of lesser quality across the board than the others. However the Steelers could have 5 contribute immediately. I expect Spence and Rainey to contribute on special teams. DeCastro will start and Adams should as well. I also expect Alameda to rotate in if his camp goes well but he may just go depth this season as he's still a bit raw despite his second round grade by most scouting agencies.

Considering the dramatic impact on the team, the Browns get an A+++. The Bengals get a C-....

the stupid, ugly stinkin ratbirds get a C...

and the sterioders of the three rivers scum get a C.

@@

You don't think DeCastro and Adams will have a dramatic impact on the Steelers? Either way it's all beside the point as it's a matter of personal opinion. I haven't read or heard the Browns being mentioned as the teams that drafted the strongest. I have however seen the Steelers mentioned in that regard.

Unless one team is of lesser quality across the board than the others. However the Steelers could have 5 contribute immediately. I expect Spence and Rainey to contribute on special teams. DeCastro will start and Adams should as well. I also expect Alameda to rotate in if his camp goes well but he may just go depth this season as he's still a bit raw despite his second round grade by most scouting agencies.

Well we drafted our starting rb,qb,rt,og

Johnson and acho will be special teams also

And added dl depth and a decent db to compete,

Also we added Smelley balls and he will be our starting fb by week 1. So we will have 5 rookies starting this yr. So how do you decide if we had a better draft or not.

Well we drafted our starting rb,qb,rt,og

Johnson and acho will be special teams also

And added dl depth and a decent db to compete,

Also we added Smelley balls and he will be our starting fb by week 1. So we will have 5 rookies starting this yr. So how do you decide if we had a better draft or not.

You should then consider the grades for those players. The Steelers got tremendous value with all their picks through round 5. I don't know a TON about the other players beyond round 5 outside of Toney Clemons who played in my old high school football conference. DeCastro was rated as a top 6 player in the entire draft, Mike Adams had a first round grade. Spence had high remarks from several prominent draftniks AND Alameda Ta'amu or however you spell his last name had a 2nd round grade and we grabbed him in the 4th. As I said before I'm not here to toot the Steeler horn as I feel all the AFC North teams improved but the Steelers had a tremendous value draft. I still can't believe we landed DeCastro at 24 and then Adams at 56.

You don't think DeCastro and Adams will have a dramatic impact on the Steelers? Either way it's all beside the point as it's a matter of personal opinion. I haven't read or heard the Browns being mentioned as the teams that drafted the strongest. I have however seen the Steelers mentioned in that regard.

You will have better blocking etc. But how can it be a dramatic impact, when your team was already winning last year?

The Browns will go TO winning.

The other teams will be better. But dramatic impact? No. They won't be hugely better, they will just be better.

The Browns offense will finally be complete. And it will work with all cylinders going. That's dramatic impact. No more

wide open rushes off the right side. Browns opponents will be surprised at how much an impact this draft will have on the offense.

The Browns defene will have more lb depth, and a nice dliine rotation. A burner wr is what the Browns haven't had before.

The other division team did have.

So, my grades still stand, I think.

one thing i can guarantee is adams will have a huge impact on the steelers. please, oh please, put him in at LT.

and let him know i've got his hookup in town.... lol

Love how so many of you here in fantasyland are trying to minimize the Steelers' excellent draft.

Meanwhile out in the real world...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-04-29/ratings-2012-NFL-draft/54629536/1

funny, how you dipshits are here doing the same to us. interesting, when you consider youre on our board.

so, go back to your fantasy land where lazy, fatass potheads are pro-bowl picks woprth a second rounder. where men that threaten their women are lauded for being talented.

fuck man, even your radio talk jockeys are mocking "the steeler way". its not draft character guys anymore bro, its do whatever you have to do to win....including compromise the principles you claim in public to stand for.

"look at me! USA today thinks we had a great draft!"

lmao....

Browns Board Rules:

1) The Browns are the Super Bowl Champs from Draft Day until 4-8 weeks into the regular season.

2) From weeks 4-8 of the regular season, until draft day, the entire Browns organization must be dismantled, starting with the owner, GM, personnel department, coaches, QB <insert latest victim>, and anyone else they currently dislike for whatever reason.

3) Never admit anything positive about the Steelers organization, because it is akin to admitting to world's "hawtest" woman, that you can only get aroused for her with Viagara.

Pretty simple.

Therefore, the Browns had the best draft ever and they are destined for the Super Bowl and the Steelers are soon to be the cellar dwellers of the AFC North. Cincy and Baltimore don't matter, cause Cleveland rulz all you suckas!!!!

oh, ive never seen hyperbole before.

if you're gonna run into our house and demand us be reasonable when talking about you, then try being reasonable first.

you fucking illiterates dont come here to talk football, you come here to gloat.....seemingly about anything and everything you can....whether its based on fact or not. so, you can very kindly fuck off and and go dip it in your big sister again. keep that gene pool in pittsburgh clean.

i'd be more than happy to talk football with you guys, as i live in pittsburgh, work in pittsburgh, and am surrounded by pitttsburghers. you guys seem to be the young generation of fan that has no respect, no knowledge, and no history to remember...the idiots that call into talk radio to bitch about pedro last month, and turn around to call in to put him at #4 because he's been able to make contact with the ball over the last 3 weeks. you're as fair weather as they come....as you dont have any clue what real pittsburgh fans endured years ago. kinda like the pirates now....except the city and fans abandoned that team 15 years ago.

for a city that knows what it feels like to field a perennial loser in such a storied franchise in the pirates...afterall, much like the browns, a good portion of the pitt population has never seen a winning season, i figured i'd see more compassion rather than attitude.

so lets recap....completely fairweather fans that abandoned the bucs long ago. every year, the Nuttings spend the least amount possible and gladly rape the city and few fans for everything they can. good luck extending the record for most consective losing seasons....i'd say you should be proud, but you dont care.

oh the pens....one of the most talented teams in the NHL that can't seem to get past the first round of the playoffs. yeah, its nice to at least get there. its worse when you've got sydney crosby and the NHL scoring leader, yet can't get past the instate rival that owns you in the consol energy center, made you look foolish with the jagr deal, and embarrassed you time after time on the ice. remember what the pens looked like before shiro and crosby? nope....you dont, cause you didn't care. if not for a one mario lemeuiescsiurhjsoisx, you wouldn't even have a hockey team.

then the steelers....the one almost constant in the city. know why this city breathes football? cause you're other sports suck. it was the pirates well before football ever became big here.....ironically, right around the time the pathetic steelers franchise started compromising the health of its players to be relevant.

i'd love to have a real conversation with you guys....but considering that your relative intelligence compared with those i normally talk with is very sub-par, i see no reason to respond. perhaps if you could drop the facade of "the city of champions" and realize all you have is a good football team, stop condescending like your shit doesn't stink, and stop making shit up......maybe i'll respond in kind. otherwise, you just continue to perpetuate what everyone already think about you....you're a dying city with nothing but a fucking football team to cheer for.

I don't know if I can grade their drafts, but I can grade them:

Bengals: S

Steelers: SA

Ravens: U.W.C.G.F.T

Browns: C

I will interpret:

S: Sucks

SA: Sucks Ass

U.W.C.G.F.T.: Usurpers Who Can Get Fucked Today

C: Championship

That's right. Just your opinion. Only time will tell who had the better drafts.

If you think you got some steals, then apparently other must think you have reached.

The Steelers filled positions of need. The Browns filled positions of need.

The only thing I have heard is that the Steelers filled their needs.

Archived