THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Beer And Westside Steve!

Westside Steve

I knew the free beer part would get your attention!

It's come to my attention that there is a gathering of browns fans from all over the universe For the september ninth home game.

To follow in our now annual tradition Westside Steve Simmons returns to the Eastland Inn in Berea.

Labatt from our good neighbors in the great white north is going to sport us free beer!

AND WE DON'T EVEN HAVE TO PRETEND THERE WAS A MOUSE IN IT!

Can you say Bob and Doug McKenzie?

September 8 at the Eastland Inn!

You know the drill.

WSS

I've already booked a bed at the Cleveland Clinic Steve.

Gareth wants to know what song you would like us to murder this year? :)

Looking forward to seeing you then.

Liver transplant?

I knew the free beer part would get your attention!

It's come to my attention that there is a gathering of browns fans from all over the universe For the september ninth home game.

To follow in our now annual tradition Westside Steve Simmons returns to the Eastland Inn in Berea.

Labatt from our good neighbors in the great white north is going to sport us free beer!

AND WE DON'T EVEN HAVE TO PRETEND THERE WAS A MOUSE IN IT!

Can you say Bob and Doug McKenzie?

September 8 at the Eastland Inn!

You know the drill.

WSS

No driving that night. Thanks....I think. ;)

yep ;)

Actually, I don't want to whoop it up quite as much as I did last year - that was a brutal trip.

Looking forward to seeing you and dan again this year Larry.

I agree in full, Howard.

Just so you know, there is no clear liquid in a jar on the shelf, here or Montgomery, and the cooking doesn't take place until mid September when the hams start to get smoked, so I will be empty handed.

Well, I won't be empty handed, it will just be something different.

I agree in full, Howard.

Just so you know, there is no clear liquid in a jar on the shelf, here or Montgomery, and the cooking doesn't take place until mid September when the hams start to get smoked, so I will be empty handed.

Well, I won't be empty handed, it will just be something different.

Well we'll find something else I'm sure.

Looking forward to seeing you again Russ, is Mrs Russ coming again this year?

They gotta give away free beer to get them to your gigs now, huh Steve?

For those that are not familiar with Berea, The Eastland Inn is pretty darn close to the Hotels at I-71 & Bagley Road exit in Middleburg Hts. (the Hotels are actually on Engle Road). If you're heading into town, check-out a room there or many of the gang are also staying downtown and we will most likely have cabs shuttle to and from.

On the Agenda:

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 8th, 2012

7:00pm - Mentor High School @ St. Ignatius High School at Byers Field in Parma (about 20-minutes from the Eastland Inn). Heavy-weight bout between two of Ohio's premier High School football programs (Preseason ranking of Ohio's #2 vs #3).

9:30pm - Eastland Inn Restaurant & Bar (good Food and Free Beer Special while supplies last). Live Entertainment by Westside Steve!

www.EastlandInn.com

33 Eastland Road

Berea, Ohio 44017

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 9th, 2012

7:00am - The Browns Board Tailgate Party (http://www.thebrownsboard.com/tailgate.htm See links near top of page for directions and more info)

1:00pm - NFL Cleveland Browns vs Philadelphia Eagles

All Browns Fans welcome ... it will be an Annual THE BROWNS BOARD NIGHT OUT on the eve of the 2012-2013 Home Opener.

They gotta give away free beer to get them to your gigs now, huh Steve?

For those that are not familiar with Berea, The Eastland Inn is pretty darn close to the Hotels at I-71 & Bagley Road exit in Middleburg Hts. (the Hotels are actually on Engle Road). If you're heading into town, check-out a room there or many of the gang are also staying downtown and we will most likely have cabs shuttle to and from.

On the Agenda:

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 8th, 2012

7:00pm - Mentor High School @ St. Ignatius High School at Byers Field in Parma (about 20-minutes from the Eastland Inn). Heavy-weight bout between two of Ohio's premier High School football programs (Preseason ranking of Ohio's #2 vs #3).

9:30pm - Eastland Inn Restaurant & Bar (good Food and Free Beer Special while supplies last). Live Entertainment by Westside Steve!

www.EastlandInn.com

33 Eastland Road

Berea, Ohio 44017

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 9th, 2012

7:00am - The Browns Board Tailgate Party (http://www.thebrownsboard.com/tailgate.htm See links near top of page for directions and more info)

1:00pm - NFL Cleveland Browns vs Philadelphia Eagles

All Browns Fans welcome ... it will be an Annual THE BROWNS BOARD NIGHT OUT on the eve of the 2012-2013 Home Opener.

Thanks once again for organising such awesomeness yet again - I know that you are a softy at heart but will call me a homo for saying it but you are one hell of a guy, thanks Stan.

I'm staying in Parma, is it cab distance? I've been gone for too long.

I feel like driving would be a bad idea, though!

Sure, Parma isn't that far from Berea, No?

And, yes, driving is a very bad idea for anyone who gets near us all weekend.

Meet us at the Eastland!

Zombo

Well we'll find something else I'm sure.

Looking forward to seeing you again Russ, is Mrs Russ coming again this year?

As of now, no. She is going to join me for the Thanksgiving weekend game against the Steelers.

But that may change. I keep making half assed attempts to get her to join me, but so far, so good, she isn't having any of it. ;)

Ok....I am like 90% kidding, but for 35 years we both....she gets her weekends away from me....we both enjoy away time.

I know it doesn't work for some, but it works for us.

Parma is about 10min from Berea. Russ I think I may still have some of your white stuff here. a year older but I dont think it could get any stronger. I think I need the orange shit for wash

LOL....it can't go bad. No organism can attack it. Bring it.

Join us Mike. We'll be pissed if you don't.

We'll also be pissed if your drive there. Budget maybe $40 round trip, with tip....we are going to keep you way later than you planned. Some of us have been knocking them back for 40 years or more. In Ed's case, maybe 60 years, I don 't know :P .

Point is, maybe $40 or so v a DUI and all that goes with that is cheap....and you can have fun....this is a great group of people....seriously.

As of now, no. She is going to join me for the Thanksgiving weekend game against the Steelers.

But that may change. I keep making half assed attempts to get her to join me, but so far, so good, she isn't having any of it. ;)

Ok....I am like 90% kidding, but for 35 years we both....she gets her weekends away from me....we both enjoy away time.

I know it doesn't work for some, but it works for us.

I totally agree - you will notice I come solo every year! ;)

Well, we are going to attend the High School game at Byer's Field in Parma. You could always meet us there and ride to the Eastland with us, grabbing a cab only for the ride home.

The first Free Beer is on me!

Make an exception this one time!

Come up, get shithammered, and wake up in a brothel between Zombo and a hooker wearing an Obama t shirt!

:o

WSS

:angry:

Hey, why would I want to be tainted for life ?

I'll stick to the good real man stuff -

"root beer on the rocks".

Although, there was that one time, when I was in the service, and hit

the Barq's all night. But that was a long time ago.

Keesler AFB, Biloxi. Barq's. ahhhhhh, that stuff will slam ya....

When we drove to NO that year, I had a Barq's in the French Quarter

while we listened to an awesome jass band on the corner.

From Wikipedia:

The Barq's Brothers Bottling Company was founded in 1890 in the French Quarter of New Orleans, by Edward Charles Edmond Barq and his younger brother, Gaston. The Barq Brothers bottled carbonated water and various soft drinks of their own creation. Early on their most popular creation was an orange-flavored soda called Orangine, which won a gold medal at the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition World's Fair in Chicago, Illinois.

Edward Barq moved to Biloxi, Mississippi, in 1897 with his new wife.

The following year he opened the Biloxi Artesian Bottling Works. 1898 is often given as the debut year for what was later to be known as "Barq's root beer," but some sources say this particular product was not produced until some two years later.[4]For many decades Barq's was not marketed as a "root beer." This was in part a desire to avoid legal conflict with the Hires Root Beer company, which was attempting to claim a trademark on the term "root beer." It was also due to differences from other root beers at the time. The base was a sarsaparilla drink of the style of the late 19th century, in a formulation with caffeine, less sugar, and higher carbonation than other brands, though with less of a foamy "head." It was decided to market the soft drink simply as Barq's.[5]

The traditional slogan was the simple affirmation "Drink Barq's. It's good."

For a time it was marketed with the slogan "Is it root beer?" before the company decided to market the product as such.

In 1976, the Biloxi Barq's Company was purchased by two entrepreneurs, John Oudt and John Koerner. An aggressive television campaign was developed based on the "Barq's Got Sparks" theme. Their plans to market the brand nationally were partially complicated by the existence of the New Orleans based Barq's Beverages, Inc., and Barq's Beverages of Baton Rouge, Inc., which had long been marketing Barq's and Barq's Creme' Soda in Southern Louisiana. The New Orleans firm was largely independent of the Biloxi firm dating back to early 20th century oral agreements between Barq family members and friends. (Those who traveled back and forth between Mississippi and Louisiana noted subtle but distinct differences between the Barq's sold in the two places, as the Biloxi and New Orleans plants each made their own syrups, and some partisans considered one or the other "better.") There were extended legal conflicts over who exactly had the rights to the Barq's name and formula and in which markets. These differences were not fully resolved until The Coca-Cola Company acquired both branches in 1995.[6]

Before the purchase, Barq's produced other sodas, such as lime green and grape, in the 1970s and early 1980s, and Coca-Cola manufactured its own root beer, Ramblin' Root Beer.

In recent years Barq's has been marketed with the slogan "Barq's has bite!", a reference to both its caffeine content and its crisper taste as compared to most commercial root beers.

Regular Barq's has 22.5 mg of caffeine per 12 ounce serving (similar to green tea), while Diet Barq's has no caffeine.[7]

I wouldn't bring both.

A DD...is she DD over the rest of her body or is she just a one in a million find? ;)

Ahh...you are referring to cup size. I don't think she is a DD. I am not sure how ample a DD is. Will have to check that one out.

How about double duty? Find a Double D who can als be a DD (designated driver).

Archived