THE BROWNS BOARD

Harbaugh loses all Credibility

The Gipper

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beyond that, of the 4 calls he complained about....only 1 had any potential legitimacy behind it. He couldn't see the above call. He couldn't see the PI call on the Buckeyes (it was PI). He certainly deserved the unsportsmanlike call. I mean, the way he dressed he was clearly attempting to emulate a cross between Bo and Woody...and his sideline antics were as boorish as anything Bo or Woody ever did.

Maybe, maybe, only the non call of a PI had some merit in the sum of his complaints.

My wife is from Iowa City and I have visited there many times. Iowa Hawkeye football at a home game is awesome! The whole town is yellow and black with kids on bicycles. I asked my father in law and he explained to me that underclass men can't drive on campus; thus the bicycles.

My wife is from Iowa City and I have visited there many times. Iowa Hawkeye football at a home game is awesome! The whole town is yellow and black with kids on bicycles. I asked my father in law and he explained to me that underclass men can't drive on campus; thus the bicycles.

Looks too much like Steeler shit for my good. But, I did visit Iowa's campus a couple of years ago.

Looks too much like Steeler shit for my good. But, I did visit Iowa's campus a couple of years ago.

Nothing Steeler about It Gip. It's a school atmosphere. My father in law passed a couple of years ago and on his funeral...on the way to the graveyard with his ashes we were held up by game traffic. The driver apologized and we all knew "dude" wouldn't have minded being a little late to his funeral because of a Hawkeye Game.

I agree. I can't watch Iowa play. The look like the stoolers too much

Harbutt is a fool on the sidelines for sure, but his QB turned the ball over 3 times. Giving OSU 14 points and taking 7 points away from his own team. That's why they lost the game, not because of the officials

Did harbutt also post on twitter, back in February,

"Question of the day: Does anyone find whining to be attractive? Just curious.

Nothing Steeler about It Gip. It's a school atmosphere. My father in law passed a couple of years ago and on his funeral...on the way to the graveyard with his ashes we were held up by game traffic. The driver apologized and we all knew "dude" wouldn't have minded being a little late to his funeral because of a Hawkeye Game.

I know...it is just the color scheme.

It is the view from the overhead camera....the same view they showed on replay within seconds of when the play was run.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ohio-state-beat-michigan-double-overtime-2016-11

This is the view from the broadcast camera

ohio-state-fourth.jpg

If you shift your POV left, to be directly over the 15 yard line, how do the players move further to the left relative to the 15 yard line?

Not to mention the angle of the hash marks to off of the 15 yard line don't make sense, lol.

FYI, I'm not the only one calling this a shopped photo.

I'm not saying one way or another whether this was a 1st down. Regardless, using a photoshopped photo as evidence doesn't help your case.

The background of the refs.

- 1 was previously dismissed by the Big Ten

- 1 is an Ohio native inducted into the Ohio High School reffing HOF with the ceremony in Columbus

and the worst

- 1 that is an open OSU fan, that was previously banned from reffing the 2006 Michigan vs OSU game because of any perceived bias.

How in the hell does that guy ref the game if he wasn't allowed to in 2006?

Look, Michigan could have done a number of things slightly better to win. The fumble on the 1. The pick 6. I get that. But when you're also working against poor, potentially biased refs in a very tight game, it is a tough pill to swallow.

This is the view from the broadcast camera

ohio-state-fourth.jpg

If you shift your POV left, to be directly over the 15 yard line, how do the players move further to the left relative to the 15 yard line?

Not to mention the angle of the hash marks to off of the 15 yard line don't make sense, lol.

FYI, I'm not the only one calling this a shopped photo.

I'm not saying one way or another whether this was a 1st down. Regardless, using a photoshopped photo as evidence doesn't help your case.

It is clearly a first down....you just want to be a dumb dick about it....like Harbaugh.

There is no angle that can be produced that would ever show it ever being anything but a first down.

MAYBE one, huh?

First question, is this a penalty?

MIhold.0.gif

In this one...it should have clearly been the Michigan player that would have been called...HE grabbed the OSU player around the shoulder.

ok, how about this?

ohpi.0.gif

Yep, again UM player is the one initiating the contact and doing the grabbing.

Guess which one was called?

Neither should have been called on OSU.. The first one should have been called on Michigan.

How about this?

CyPYjGSWgAAWYhi.jpg

That one, probably.

So...that is one. Wouldn't have mattered, UM would have just turned it over the next play anyway.

It is clearly a first down....you just want to be a dumb dick about it....like Harbaugh.

There is no angle that can be produced that would ever show it ever being anything but a first down.

Again, I'm not making any comment on whether or not that was a first. I'm just telling you you're using a photoshopped photo. If you wan to make your case, that's not the best way to do.

Also, there are angles that do exist though show it possibly not looking like a first. Like this: (just sayin)

CyT87YuUAAAyMM_.jpg

That one, probably.

So...that is one. Wouldn't have mattered, UM would have just turned it over the next play anyway.

Lol, wait, are you saying the 2nd GIF i posted SHOULDN'T have been a foul on OSU?

Hahaha, come on man. Are you THAT biased?

That penalty also mattered a great deal, as it would have kept our last 4th quarter drive alive. And any time OSU lost in their final drive to tie it up would have been huge.

- 1 is an Ohio native inducted into the Ohio High School reffing HOF with the ceremony in Columbus

and the worst

- 1 that is an open OSU fan, that was previously banned from reffing the 2006 Michigan vs OSU game because of any perceived bias.

Look, Michigan could have done a number of things slightly better to win. The fumble on the 1. The pick 6. I get that. But when you're also working against poor, potentially biased refs in a very tight game, it is a tough pill to swallow.

They weren't good enough.

If you say they "ran out of gas", then that means that they weren't anywhere in as good condition as OSU. They had the TOP advantage. It should have been the other way around.

I suspect that if we dissected every play of the game that there would have been 5-6 PIs and other calls that could have been called on Michigan that weren't.

There were only 6 real penalties called (not counting Harbaugh's US penalty)

- You can "suspect" whatever you want, but let's see some kind of proof to back it up

- Players take subs from backups. Those backups play. The better the backups, the better they play. The better depth, the better the backups. The coach that has been in his spot for 5 years is probably going to have developed better depth than the coach that has been there two (that's without comparing the talent level they started with). That statement has nothing to do with the Michigan players not being as conditioned as the OSU players. If they're asked to play more than the OSU players, it would make sense they're more tired...

- I have still yet to hear, from anyone, the justification for allowing the open OSU fan ref to ref. It's ridiculous.

and the worst

You are grasping at straws woody. You ought to work for Hillary.

- You can "suspect" whatever you want, but let's see some kind of proof to back it up

I just looked at the items you posted. Only one of those plays should have been possibly called a penalty. I suspect that I can tell what is front of my face.

- Players take subs from backups. Those backups play. The better the backups, the better they play. The better depth, the better the backups. The coach that has been in his spot for 5 years is probably going to have developed better depth than the coach that has been there two (that's without comparing the talent level they started with). That statement has nothing to do with the Michigan players not being as conditioned as the OSU players. If they're asked to play more than the OSU players, it would make sense they're more tired...

I don't buy this shit. You are making excuse after excuse? "We're tired. The refs was a fan of the other team. The sun was in our eyes. Our dogs ate our playbooks. We ate spicy Mexican food.

You lost because your QB and your defense weren't good enough. Speight was a TO machine...and the Buckeyes hammered you on the ground.

- I have still yet to hear, from anyone, the justification for allowing the open OSU fan ref to ref. It's ridiculous.

Here is your explanation: because he wasn't.

Archived