THE BROWNS BOARD

Health bill postponed

Well it's complete bullshit to allow somebody to buy insurance after they get sick.

If we wanted to be Ironclad they could write the provision that nobody has to have health insurance but when you get sick you are really honestly seriously on your own. That will never fly, you know it and I know it.

There are too many deadbeats in the country not buy insurance with the understanding that if something does happen the government or the system will cave and they will be taking care of anyway. It's an unfortunate fact of human nature.

WSS

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look I understand you don't particularly like Donald Trump on a personal basis and you exaggerate that opinion here just to shake up his supporters. Fair enough. But really I don't have any particular respect for someone who does a Mia culpable unless they are actually to blame for something. .

Do we have to rehash Trumps history of not taking accountability for anything? Anyway, repealing ACA and replacing it was one of his signature campaign promises, almost more than his stupid wall idea. So he has to take some responsibility for the fact that the bill was such a pos that a lot of republicans had no choice but to say no way. If he left it all to Ryan and had little to no input in the bill, than that's still on him. It just seemed like a lot of republicans that had giant boners to repeal Obama care took a look at the bill and were all of a sudden like what the fuck is this shit? For all the shit thrown at Obama care, how bad must this bill had to have been for republicans to basically say voting for this ensures democrats come roaring back in a year or two?

And who knows, maybe this was the plan all along as they might not have had anything to replace the ACA with. So they put forth this nonsense so that Trump can say we tried do something it didn't work we'll come back to it later. So technically he did fulfill his 100 days promise.

Well it's complete bullshit to allow somebody to buy insurance after they get sick.

If we wanted to be Ironclad they could write the provision that nobody has to have health insurance but when you get sick you are really honestly seriously on your own. That will never fly, you know it and I know it.

There are too many deadbeats in the country not buy insurance with the understanding that if something does happen the government or the system will cave and they will be taking care of anyway. It's an unfortunate fact of human nature.

WSS

ah. That is an excellent point. I suppose you could say you have to be allowed to buy insurance after getting sick,

but you would owe the premiums for the entire year ...or something. It's very complicated. The hell with the dems - they

locked the reps out of the process of developing federal obamaocare, for the sole reason of political bragging rights via

dependent dem votes. Now, it's a disgrace. The dems need to stop the asswholish partisan destruction of the

process of solving problems. Good faith working together is what they are SUPPOSED TO BE DOING. But it won't happen

because the dems reids, pelosiies, schumers, obamaos, etc etc etc etc....won't let it.

Don't be silly. The Democrats push this through seven years ago and the Republicans have been bitching every sense. Donald Trump is a relative newcomer. He just threw some grass up into the wind to see which way the political wind was blowing and went with it. The Republican party has had both houses for six years and apparently didn't have a satisfactory replacement.

And one more time the president of the United States is merely a dunsail.

Even if Obama gives you a boner when he reads the teleprompter.

These so-called conservatives don't understand that play hardball and losing is still losing. Like walking out into traffic in front of a speeding automobile even though, by God, you are in the right, this is a crosswalk. Yes legally you're right but you're still dead. They will either learn this lesson or the cunts in the Democrat party will be back in the saddle in 2020.

By then this piece of shit Obamacare will have fallen apart to the point that they will most likely be able to push socialized medicine through via the nuclear option.

And after a generation or two nobody will remember that Healthcare used to be a lot better than it is now as their family members died waiting for unavailable procedures. Oh well.

The conservative Coalition can grumble and hopefully they can look in the mirror and realize they are responsible.

WSS

True, but to a point, eventually you have to stand on principle as a guide, or you get nothing good done.

That is the disgrace of the dems hc bill.

The republicans have played hypocritical games with Obamacare. They sent a full repeal of Obamacare to president Obama last year knowing he would veto it and knowing they could not overide his veto.

Now with Obama out of office and a new president who would have signed the repeal of Obamacare they don't do it.

Obama vetoes Obamacare repeal bill Jan 8 2016

Paul Ryan Jan 8 2016:

"But here's the thing. The idea that Obamacare is the law of the land for good is a myth. This law will collapse under its own weight, or it will be repealed. Because all those rules and procedures Senate Democrats have used to block us from doing this? That's all history," he added. "We have now shown that there is a clear path to repealing Obamacare without 60 votes in the Senate. So, next year, if we're sending this bill to a Republican president, it will get signed into law."

So why didn't Ryan send THIS bill for Trump to sign???

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/08/politics/obama-vetoes-obamacare-repeal-bill/

Never cared for Paul Ryan. He just plays games, never does what he says.

Isn't this exactly was Trump has done?

Build a wall that Mexico will pay for?

Spend all of his time working in the White House?

Repeal the Affordable Care Act and replace it with something better?

We're less than 100 days in and he already appears to be disinterested with getting the votes. Just because he barks orders doesn't mean they are correct or will be followed. Ryan eloquently said, "Moving from an opposition party to a governing party comes with growing pains, and, well, we're feeling those pains today".

no, don't make any more a fool of yourself than you already do.

Trump is going after tax breaks, nominated a SCOTUS that is outstanding, and supports our Constitution,

including our 2nd Amendment, absolutely. It's the dems that are sandbagging it so far.

Trump isn't Congress, but he wants to get rid of it. It's very complicated business - and you look at reports, he

is spending an amazing amount of time every day, working at the WH.

Pardon us if he goes out to dinner, mr. it's fine if obamao golfs more than other other pres in U.S. history....

after one hundred days, you bitch that he hasn't fullfilled all his promises. Too bad obamao didn't have to live

with those liberal expectations, even for one year. Eight years, he never closed gitmo. Eight years, and he never

cut our debt in half. etc etc etcetc.

no, don't make any more a fool of yourself than you already do.

Trump is going after tax breaks, nominated a SCOTUS that is outstanding, and supports our Constitution,

including our 2nd Amendment, absolutely. It's the dems that are sandbagging it so far.

Trump isn't Congress, but he wants to get rid of it. It's very complicated business - and you look at reports, he

is spending an amazing amount of time every day, working at the WH.

Pardon us if he goes out to dinner, mr. it's fine if obamao golfs more than other other pres in U.S. history....

after one hundred days, you bitch that he hasn't fullfilled all his promises. Too bad obamao didn't have to live

with those liberal expectations, even for one year. Eight years, he never closed gitmo. Eight years, and he never

cut our debt in half. etc etc etcetc.

Tinfoil Boy. He hasn't accomplished any of the items on your checklist or on his campaign promises. How many golf course outings for Trump since he took office, let's be stingy and say 10. Still using an insecure phone despite being told not to. Already under investigation for election tapering and where does the first lady live?

It's stupid to gloat that Trump hasn't done as much in his first hundred days, when it's the dems

sandbagging his ability to do stuff.

He's going for the wall like he promised, nominated an outstanding Constitutionalist like he promised,

he wiped out a lot of obamao's helter skelter exec orders to screw with America as best he could right up
to his last stupidass day, he's nominated and put into office some great people, he is going for tax restructuring

like he promised.... he's clamping down on illegal immigration like he promised...

the dems will claim some kind of victory that they are screwing with the president WE elected, after demanding

that obamao get respect and non-partisanship.

Dems are asswholes across the board. Meaning, McCain and a few others should become dems.

Trump has them eating out of his hands.

Don't fuck with the power of emotions

The best is when he turns to Democrats to get things passed, since he has been a register Democrat longer than he has been a registered Republican. Then CalHard will backpedal and say, "he's working across the aisle look everyone should, except when the party that I don't agree with tries to pass legislation".

I'll be the first to admit that the promise of hope President Obama laid out wasn't fulfilled in my opinion but the Tinfoil Patrol will never admit that they were duped by a snake oil salesman who craves power a lot more than he cares about the Country.

Definition of Flip-Flop

Abortion

Then: On "Meet The Press" in 1999, Trump said he was "very pro-choice." "I hate the concept of abortion," he said. "I hate it. I hate everything it stands for. ... but I just believe in choice."
Now: In an interview with Bloomberg Politics in January, Trump said, "I'm pro-life and I have been pro-life." He said he believed there should be exceptions in cases of rape, incest or the life of the mother.
Guns
Then: In Trump's 200 book "The America We Deserve," he wrote that he "generally" opposed gun control but supported an assault weapons ban and a longer waiting period to purchase a firearm.
Now: At the 2015 NRA-ILA Leadership Forum, Trump said if he became president, "the 2nd Amendment will be totally protected." He told the Web site Ammoland he does "not support expanding background checks" and said current background checks "don't work."
Healthcare
Then: In an interview with Larry King in 1999, Trump said he was "very liberal when it comes to health care" and that he believes in "universal healthcare."
Now: During his announcement, he called Obamacare "a disaster called the

Yeah BaconHound I know it's shocking that a politician (and he wasn't even a politician until recently) might change his positions in 15 or so years. Well of course except your buddy Obama who has been a constant source of pure light since he came out of the womb back in Kenya.

WSS

eight years of ignoring obamao's immediate flipflops, and now this.

pitiful. Should we post about how obaMao said he supported Real Marriage, the 2nd Amendment,

and non-partisanship right before the election? HAHAHAHAHA. Then immediately after getting elected,

dropped it?

No problem at all, i just wanna know here who is good buds with obama and why this is just coming out now.☕️

Baconhound is a good guy but I don't think he'd ever be shy to admit that he's been a supporter of Obama and of Hillary.

I only talk shit your way and Woody's way because you only attack Republicans and conservatives. It's basically the enemy of my enemy is my friend thing.

WSS

So you're only agreeing with Cal because he's my "enemy" and you're mine? Ha, alright. Is this just another example of you pretending to be much more moderate than you are?

"Only attacking conservatives" speaks much more to the conservatives we have posting here than my own ideology. We don't have a liberal spamming the board and spouting nonsense fr incredibly biased sources. If there was a liberal Cal on here, they'd get it too.

I rarely comment on Cals posts.

Most of the time its stories from websites and I don't read them.

I really don't care much about your Feud with him, and I'm not 100% on board with most of his stated positions. I do think you are kind of obsessed because even though you pretend to ignore him you mentioned him in so many posts. I don't spend any time arguing with him and I consider him a friend of mine. I consider you a friend of mine too if we ever had a chance to share a beer. But I don't fight with Cal because Cal doesn't attack me.

I don't argue with DieHard because I think most of the time his post are there for shock value. I never attack Chris or Osiris or the English or the Muslims.

I know it's tough for you to understand but I figure I'm a little bit more moderate than the guys on the hard right. That doesn't mean I consider myself a centrist but I do hold a couple of liberal positions.

Don't know if any of that make sense to you or not.

WSS

Steve isn't hard core conservative, but he's still a great guy, and a friend. If he really does disagree, he

can call me on the phone and tell me I'm full of whatever. lol.

I don't disagree with him overtly much, because he makes sense even when I don't share his viewpoints.

and, he's a good bit more heftier than me, so I am not going to wrestle him for the best seat at the draft party....

Yeah BaconHound I know it's shocking that a politician (and he wasn't even a politician until recently) might change his positions in 15 or so years. Well of course except your buddy Obama who has been a constant source of pure light since he came out of the womb back in Kenya.

WSS

I would expect any good leader, person, to continually evaluate their opinions and if new facts are available then I have no issue with changing your mind. These seem more like ideology shifts to rally support.

Baconhound is a good guy but I don't think he'd ever be shy to admit that he's been a supporter of Obama and of Hillary.

I only talk shit your way and Woody's way because you only attack Republicans and conservatives. It's basically the enemy of my enemy is my friend thing.

WSS

I was hopeful Obama's Presidency was going to be great but it was just ok. I was not a Hillary supporter but I have been opposed to the malevolent Trump agenda. Turns out though he nominated a solid Supreme Court Justice and doesn't look like he is going to do anything he set out in his campaign.

I would like to see the first lady act like one.

I would expect any good leader, person, to continually evaluate their opinions and if new facts are available then I have no issue with changing your mind. These seem more like ideology shifts to rally support.

I'm sure people will assign motives for changes in opinion according to whether or not they like the guy.

WSS

I was hopeful Obama's Presidency was going to be great but it was just ok. I was not a Hillary supporter but I have been opposed to the malevolent Trump agenda. Turns out though he nominated a solid Supreme Court Justice and doesn't look like he is going to do anything he set out in his campaign.

I would like to see the first lady act like one.

Well I don't think the first lady has anything to do with anything.

You werent a Hillary supporter or you didn't vote for her?

The agenda? Who gets their agenda completed in the first month or two?

And I'm good with just about everything he talked about and the rest of it ambivalent at worst.

WSS

Archived