THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon reapplies to be reinstated today...

Alkid3

What do you imagine Belichik would do?

Gordon is the shit. This FO should be fighting like a mother fucker on all fronts to get this kid back into a Browns uniform and playing.

Coleman and Pryor by themselves are ok. Add Gordon and the double teams and attention he will get, and BOOM...we have a bad ass group of people who can catch the ball.

Josh Gordon will not bring in trade what he is worth. If we trade him, we get the short end of the stick. You are not going to find a WR of his caliber just floating around. Kiss his ass, do whatever it takes to get the guy back on the field. Having him back on the field is like getting an extra high 1st round draft pick.

I don't see how this FO can justify anything that doesn't involve signing up up.

Hell may have froze over lol , I agree with you 1000%

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't send the right message to the rest of your team. I'd trade him definately...

if he's going to be actually making a good comeback, just get a good pick for him,

and draft a football smart, good character, work ethic wr with that pic.

The issue with your plan is "get a good pick for him". Seriously? Not gonna happen. There is ZERO sense in trading him.

FUC$ "IF"with this guy....The Browns should run to the podium. Announce the Pick & End with "Josh Gordon is still available for Trade"..

The issue with your plan is "get a good pick for him". Seriously? Not gonna happen. There is ZERO sense in trading him.

there isn't any sense in adding him back into the locker room. It goes against everything

the coaches and fo are trying to build with the right players.

I think I could draft a small school wr in the 7th round, that would be more productive than Josh Gordon

while he is on suspension.... lol

there isn't any sense in adding him back into the locker room. It goes against everything

the coaches and fo are trying to build with the right players.

I think I could draft a small school wr in the 7th round, that would be more productive than Josh Gordon

while he is on suspension.... lol

I don't defend his poor decisions. Having said that he is far from a lockeroom issue. I get the mistrust from everyone I really do. Bottom line i stick to is no downside in keeping him and plenty of upside.

The guy is a freakin' dope...and frankly, I'm sick of him. He doesn't give 100%. Doesn't even leap for passes.

HOWEVER, we've all seen the kind of talent that he DOES posses.

If you throw it so he doesn't have to leap or dive, then he catches the ball pretty well. He can run and he's hard to bring down.

If our coach can get him 'in line' and KEEP him in line...then he can make everyone else in the offense better.

It could end up being quite foolish if we give him away and he winds up on another team (perhaps WITH Pryor) and he plays well.

We have plenty of draft picks. What would it cost us to give him a tryout? Nothin'.

It doesn't send the right message to the rest of your team. I'd trade him definately...

if he's going to be actually making a good comeback, just get a good pick for him,

Sure Cal. But sorry, you can't have a locker room exclusively full of choir boys. With our luck, we trade him to the Patriots for a 7th round pick, and he goes on the be the next Randy Moss. Other than his training camp stint, how many guys currently on the roster were even on the team when Gordon had his breakout year?

If you read the comments on NFL.com there's plenty of Eagles and New England fans that would roll the dice on Josh.

Personally I would roll the dice. We can't get anything in a trade so why not? The worst that can happen is he fucks up again and we are off the hook.

The upside? Maybe Jackson can set him straight.

WSS

You talkin' Gordon or Manziel? :P

Hue already said they're moving on without him, so we will likely test the market and get rid of him

You misinterpret. He said last season that they are moving on without him....as far as 2016 was concerned. He referred to who he had on the field.

Hue never said: "we will cut him, trade him" or any such thing. He just said that for 2016 he won't concern himself with Gordon as an on field commodity.

I want talent....winners. I don't want losers. If this guy can play for us...and help the Browns win....then keep him.

We ain't his nannys, we ain't his probation officers, we ain't him mommy and daddy. We ain't his lawyers or the judges he may come in front of. We are fans of the team that he is a member of...still.

In my career I have had to deal with hundreds and hundreds of people whose character/work ethic I have had to worry about or advocate for. ( I was just successful in doing so in court this morning)

So, don't tell us that we have to be concerned about the character and work ethic of a football player that has no relationship whatsoever to any of us.

If he can help this team win...that is all I care about.

If he wants to hire me to represent him...then that may be different.

we have given him four chances to help us win - he blew every one of them.

my opinion, he just wants more money to travel around and live the wild life like jm.

and he dumped on his team AGAIN. It isn't just that his decision-making is self-destructive, his attitude
about life is, too.

Here is an article from: 2016:

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-browns/cleveland-browns-1.270107/suspended-browns-wr-josh-gordon-lets-twitter-know-he-attended-fight-with-troubled-qb-johnny-manziel-1.666872

Manziel and Gordon posted the following on Twitter early Monday morning.

Salute @JOSH_GORDONXII you're a real one #NewLevel
— Johnny Manziel (@JManziel2) March 7, 2016

Only a few of us real ones left.. #BeYourself https://t.co/gLVylGukMV
— Flash Gordon (@JOSH_GORDONXII) March 7, 2016

and he dumped on his team AGAIN and went into rehab It isn't just that his decision-making is self-destructive, his attitude

about life is, too. THEN, right as he is going to get back into the nfl, he goes to rehab. Seriously? IF GORDON HAD HAD

A WORTH ETHIC AND HIS HEAD SCREWED ON STRAIGHT OFF THE FIELD, HE COULD HAVE BEEN ALLPRO a couple

more years, and helped the Browns a hell of a lot. That is why you look at character, work ethic, etc. We didn't, and we ended up with Richardson, JM, Gordon and Gilbert. IT doesn't matter that they were TALENTED, when they didn't help the Browns win.

Richardson, JMZ and Gilbert were not talented...not really. They could not play Gordon was talented and could play.

And the point in time that I will judge his character is when he is in front of me as a judge.

Otherwise, if he can play, play him. If he fucks up again....he fucks up. The Browns and we as fans lose nothing by it. But if he succeeds then we gain as fans.

Pure and simple.

Richardson, JMZ and Gilbert were not talented...not really. They could not play Gordon was talented and could play.

And the point in time that I will judge his character is when he is in front of me as a judge.

Otherwise, if he can play, play him. If he fucks up again....he fucks up. The Browns and we as fans lose nothing by it. But if he succeeds then we gain as fans.

Pure and simple.

There is a middle ground, where he gets reinstated, joins the team for offseason programs, and is a bad influence on some other players and derails their careers.

I'm not saying it's likely, but Josh Gordon doesn't exist in a bubble and we have a squad somewhat lacking in veteran leadership.

we have given him four chances to help us win - he blew every one of them.

my opinion, he just wants more money to travel around and live the wild life like jm.

and he dumped on his team AGAIN. It isn't just that his decision-making is self-destructive, his attitude

about life is, too.

Here is an article from: 2016:

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-browns/cleveland-browns-1.270107/suspended-browns-wr-josh-gordon-lets-twitter-know-he-attended-fight-with-troubled-qb-johnny-manziel-1.666872

Manziel and Gordon posted the following on Twitter early Monday morning.

Salute @JOSH_GORDONXII you're a real one #NewLevel

Johnny Manziel (@JManziel2) March 7, 2016

Only a few of us real ones left.. #BeYourself https://t.co/gLVylGukMV

Flash Gordon (@JOSH_GORDONXII) March 7, 2016

and he dumped on his team AGAIN and went into rehab It isn't just that his decision-making is self-destructive, his attitude

about life is, too. THEN, right as he is going to get back into the nfl, he goes to rehab. Seriously? IF GORDON HAD HAD

A WORTH ETHIC AND HIS HEAD SCREWED ON STRAIGHT OFF THE FIELD, HE COULD HAVE BEEN ALLPRO a couple

more years, and helped the Browns a hell of a lot. That is why you look at character, work ethic, etc. We didn't, and we ended up with Richardson, JM, Gordon and Gilbert. IT doesn't matter that they were TALENTED, when they didn't help the Browns win.

Know you don't drink Cal, but for those of us who do, getting hit out of the blue with a paternity suit would be enough to make you want to hammer down a bottle or two. Don't forget one of the busts was for off season drinking on a plane. Oh, don't think the crime fitted the punishment.

Should Goodell reinstate him, no risk keeping him around. You just cut him if he screws up. Keep one of our bum WRs on the practice squad for insurance. Arguably Josh has more talent than any WR currently on our roster. It's the only reason we're still having this discussion.

I don't defend his poor decisions. Having said that he is far from a lockeroom issue. I get the mistrust from everyone I really do. Bottom line i stick to is no downside in keeping him and plenty of upside.

Could have been my post except that enough time has passed that I'd have to have said "potential upside".

That's actually one of your useful smart-ass comments.

When you contrast the distractions created by Josh and Fuckhead, it's quickly obvious that you have to use log-scaled, graph paper. There is absolutely no way to confuse the two players.

Seriously? Either one. Both.

I don't think coach Jackson would pull the trigger on either one but if I were the head coach and sat down with these two guys and thought they were serious about getting things together and it was possible to put together some sort of an incentive laden contract that netted them nothing if they fuck up....

Of course it's not realistic but sure.

Especially Gordon who at one time was the best at his position in the NFL.

WSS

Don't forget...

He hasn't violated any rules since his 2015 violation. He's still serving the same suspension he served then. Goodell conditionally lifted it, but reinstated it when Gordon chose to go to rehab. There was no new violation,

Some people like to fabricate a new violation out of thin air.

nobody is forgetting. The Browns were ready to roll and have Gordon back. In OCTOBER, before he was

officially ready to rejoin the Browns...

we went to rehab instead. IN LESS THAN A WEEK BEFORE HE WAS TO JOIN THE BROWNS.

That is no "violation"....it's just another huge disappointment to the team. After all this, he never said WHY.

I imagine, if it was just he felt weak in his addition, he could have said so. My guess is, he failed to stay away

from it, maybe, and went to rehab instead of getting caught again and never getting another NFL paycheck.

Don't know. there was no "violation" of the NFL drug policy I suppose. But there WAS a violation of his responsibility

to the Browns. Seriously, after all those months, he finally gets cleared to rejoin the Browns, and less than a week before he

does.... he goes to REHAB? Come on, man.

nobody is forgetting. The Browns were ready to roll and have Gordon back. In OCTOBER, before he was

officially ready to rejoin the Browns...

we went to rehab instead. IN LESS THAN A WEEK BEFORE HE WAS TO JOIN THE BROWNS.

That is no "violation"....it's just another huge disappointment to the team. After all this, he never said WHY.

I imagine, if it was just he felt weak in his addition, he could have said so. My guess is, he failed to stay away

from it, maybe, and went to rehab instead of getting caught again and never getting another NFL paycheck.

Don't know. there was no "violation" of the NFL drug policy I suppose. But there WAS a violation of his responsibility

to the Browns. Seriously, after all those months, he finally gets cleared to rejoin the Browns, and less than a week before he

does.... he goes to REHAB? Come on, man.

He also found out he was a father shortly before that, so...

Dawgs, just imagine a line-up of Gordon, Pryor and Coleman... throw in a little Hollywood or some Louis and Payton.

Then getting Desmond Bryant back along with Nate Orchard. Put Orchard with Nassib, Shelton and Ogbah and let Willy G *Greg Williams* turn em loose! And that even before we draft 2 or 4 really nice STUDS in the draft... plus we've got a lot of money to spend in FA... Things are definitely looking up bro!

Some people are so negative that they look for any and every excuse to just complain. They cry about the snow and bitch when it's hot...

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Gordon has had many setbacks and pitfalls but to be fair he's traveled a rough road. Once you are on the radar it's very difficult under that kind of scrutiny to succeed. Yeah, it's easy to say, "Just put down the weeeeeeed" or whatever but unless you walk in somebody else's shoes your just talking out the side of your neck.

You people that love to bash him are the same ones who can't resist staring at a traffic accident as you drive by... you delight in other's misery. If you honestly don't think Josh Gordon loses sleep at night because of his fuckups, you really might have a far worse problem than Josh Gordon ever has.

;) - cheers.

Thanks brother, much respect and love to you as well :)

Yeah....he's a bit of a knucklehead......also the best receiver Ive ever seen in a Browns Uni......and his transgressions only hurt himself.....

Would love to see him resurrect his career ....and would love to be the benefactor after all these years of shenanigans...

Browns have nothing to lose.....but Josh....

The main question about Gordon isn't his past or his contract, it's whether or not he can still perform given his missed game time. If he is reinstated the Browns need to evaluate his ability and if he is better than the last WR you'd be keeping, you keep him. Are we worrying about losing Jordan Payton to keep a viable Josh Gordon?

And I thought Payton was already gone......(thats what happens when you're invisible)....

and the answer?.....Nope

Ah come on Mud. He had 1 catch for 3 yrds in 32 snaps and got suspended under the NFL PED Drug policy in Dec. We don't want to scare him off before he gets going! ;)

Archived