THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland's Front Four

BobPOUND!

With all the talk about Hoyer and his great game control, and the imminent return of Josh Gordon, many fail to realize one of our best attributes. Our Defenseive front four are absolute beasts. I watched the second half of the Pittsburgh game and nearly the entirety of the New Oreleans game, where we rushed only 4 guys and they put massive pressure on the opposing quarterbacks.

This opens up everything for the defense. By rushing only 4 and having them get pressure, we are able to drop all of our LB's into coverage along with our safeties and DB's. I hope to see this only get better as the season progresses. There is nothing opposing offenses can do.. If we are able to get pressure with only 4 men and force opposing QB's to throw into full coverage, we should see a big increase in interceptions and blocked passes.

This is selfless football as we will be sacrificing potential sacks in return for hurried passes and balls thrown away and the occasional interception.

I think that Flacco is in for a really long day tomorrow. We might not get the sacks and the stats, but we should be chasing his ass all over the field, swapping LB's in and out and confusing the shit out of him.. Where will the next LB jump up and block his pass or when will Haden jump a route and take one all the way back..

I predict either Gilbert or Haden getting a Pick Six tomorrow on the backs of pressure our front Four will be putting on Flacco all day.

BobPound!

Even with the pressure l can't say l'm doing backflips over the coverage our secondary has been providing lately. Granted we have faced a couple good QBs, but we got another one coming up on a platter with Flacco and his Smiths.

The emphasis on LBs that can cover is really making sense though. Let's put it in a blender and see what happens...

Archived