THE BROWNS BOARD

The incovenient truth about the ghettos social breakdown

StinkHole

Don't worry, it'll take a lot more than that to upset me - try posting insulting things about the monarchy if you want to achieve that ;)

My point was, the question was about single parent families; while that could mean unmarried, in this case we're talking about families with only one parent, regardless of marital status. You could have a lot of kids born to married parents who separate shortly afterwards, or babies born to unmarried parents who stay together. So, just talking about the parents that are married isn't necessarily an accurate representation of affairs. Some numbers are bad; all numbers are good.

All that being said, I don't doubt the numbers are about right, as I said previously.

http://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/adolescent-health-topics/reproductive-health/teen-pregnancy/trends.html

there are some more statistics. Must be a lot divorce among on young people.

But still do you really want to pretend the single teenage mothers are among the least qualified to properly care for a family? Does anyone not believe that this is a major cause of problems in the inner city? I suppose you could add rural areas to that, but that's not the defense is it?

WSS

Among uneducated white/hillbilly girls I'd say the unwed mother thing is just as high as the black unwed mother thing. Shit, I remember when I was stationed in Okinawa my wife worked at Kubasaki High School (military school on base) and they had a maternity clinic in it for pregnant teens. This was in the 80's.

Another question is this.

Who raised all these people to then grow up and have single parent families?

The parents that raised these kids that grew up to have all these single parent families should share some of the blame.

They dropped the ball.

Sometimes, but parents can't be blamed for everything a child does. A lot of it falls on there friends and teachers, etc. After you reach a certain age, like 13 or 14 your parents influence goes way down.

That might be true, but the parents should have installed a better foundation. IMO

It all starts at home

Sometimes, but parents can't be blamed for everything a child does. A lot of it falls on there friends and teachers, etc. After you reach a certain age, like 13 or 14 your parents influence goes way down.

Unless they are a single parent?

Don't quite understand your sarcasm, but it is early here in best country in the world. :)

"Single parent families are the worst..."

"Can't blame the parents for everything..."

Hey, it's early here too, kinda.

"So there are no white single family homes?"

Well that's the question I answered.

Maybe there's a really big difference in the divorce rate.

(I've got nothing against the monarchy, guvnor)

:)

WSS

http://www.amazon.com/Coming-Apart-State-America-1960-2010/dp/030745343X

In Coming Apart, Charles Murray explores the formation of American classes that are different in kind from anything we have ever known, focusing on whites as a way of driving home the fact that the trends he describes do not break along lines of race or ethnicity.

Drawing on five decades of statistics and research, Coming Apart demonstrates that a new upper class and a new lower class have diverged so far in core behaviors and values that they barely recognize their underlying American kinship—divergence that has nothing to do with income inequality and that has grown during good economic times and bad.

The top and bottom of white America increasingly live in different cultures, Murray argues, with the powerful upper class living in enclaves surrounded by their own kind, ignorant about life in mainstream America, and the lower class suffering from erosions of family and community life that strike at the heart of the pursuit of happiness. That divergence puts the success of the American project at risk.

The evidence in Coming Apart is about white America. Its message is about all of America.

Archived