THE BROWNS BOARD

American churches are under attack by the Obamao-gay leftist militant coalition

calfoxwc

Pastors, church leaders, ministries and Christian business leaders may soon face an extremely difficult choice. Do you obey a law that is unjust and violates your religious beliefs, or do you obey God and face the wrath of the federal government (Caesar)?

Homosexuality and same-sex marriage may soon become so protected in America that it trumps your religious liberties. Church leaders may be forced to obey or suffer the consequences. Please see my important update below – Mat.

The coercion by the government and radical leftists to force Americans to accept the homosexual lifestyle and its sexual immorality has exploded. If the High Court wrongly affirms same-sex "marriage," the floodgates will be opened for lawsuits and legislation to label speech against homosexuality as a hate crime – and force participation in their events and ceremonies.

John Zmirak, Contributing Senior Editor of The Stream, and an endorser of ourMarriage Solidarity Pledge, recently commented on one line of questioning by the Supreme Court Justices, which not only coincides with the warning flags we've been raising, but, in fact, should cause every pastor and church leader in America to take note.

His headline warns… "If the Supreme Court Imposes Same Sex Marriage, You Could Lose Your Church. Obama's Solicitor General admits that the feds will treat orthodox Christians like racists."
"If the court imposes same-sex "marriage," it will be exposing the churches attended by the majority of Americans to sustained legal attack. Does that sound like crazy alarmism? The Solicitor General of the United States agrees with me. Except that he is in favor of it.

"Justice Samuel Alito asked Solicitor General Donald Verrilli whether acceptance of same-sex marriage would subject orthodox Christian churches to the treatment once accorded Bob Jones University, which lost its tax-exempt status because its ban on interracial dating contradicted federal policy. Verrilli seemed a little taken aback, then answered yes, 'it's certainly going to be an issue.'

"In other words, if the Supreme Court votes against natural marriage, it will free up the feds to target organizations you might have heard of, such as the Catholic Church and the Southern Baptist Convention... Remember that the Obama administration has already tried to force these same churches to provide abortifacients to their employees. Attacking their tax-exempt status over biblical sexual ethics is peanuts next to that."

John then takes this argument one step further. "If the court hands the Obama administration the bully stick it is requesting, it will be creating a two-tier system of churches in America" — those that 'obey' the Court's interpretation of the Constitution and 'those that don't."

That leads to the logical creation of "registered" and "non-registered" churches, similar to restrictions used in communist countries for churches that toe the party line.

+ + We must stand united – or suffer the consequences!

The New Testament is filled with references of believers being of "one mind," or of "one accord." There is strength in numbers and unity.

Religious Leaders from many denominations are united together. We are drawing a line in the sand to protect our religious liberties, to undergird marriage and our families, and to protect life.

Scripture is also replete with examples of civil authorities colliding with revealed or Natural Law.

Liberty Counsel is calling on people of faith throughout the nation to prepare for "principled resistance" against unjust and immoral laws – and to stand against the forces destroying the foundations of our nation.

+ + We will not cave or compromise!

Liberty Counsel will defend any pastor, church leader, Christian business owner, or ministry under assault by the LGBT community or government entity for standing up for their constitutionally guaranteed religious rights.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's very simple, profoundly simple infact. I firmly believe that churches should be able to do what they want. If they want to preach discrimination and hatred in their churches and sing songs about ain't no fags making it to heaven.....have at it. But not one penny of govt subsidization. For anything. You're cut loose. Bon voyage. No more tax exemption no nothing. Now we'll see just how Christian people really are in this country when they have to pony up a hell of a lot more to keep their church's afloat than the few dollars they put in the basket every sunday. Time to be grownups.

Sounds more like dicktatorial partison corruption to me.

"The term economic tort is also applied more widely to other torts, such as passing off, malicious falsehood, slander of title, and "The torts of procuring a breach of contract, intimidation, unlawful interference (with economic interests) and conspiracy are generally described today as economic torts.They form the core of the liabilities for intentional torts in respect of economic interests and the principles governing them are closely interrelated.
"The description economic torts is useful, even if not strictly accurate when the liabilities involved can extend more widely than damage to economic interests.
wrongs in respect of patents, trademarks or breach of copyright with which the core economic torts are frequently contiguous."

A religious economic tort.

The obamao regime used economic tort to shut down

gun manufacturers.

And used the IRS to use economic tort to shut down conservative

politically opposing viewpoint groups.

So, because intimidating and costing churches to suffer financially agrees with

your liberal politics, THEN it's okay.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2013/05/20/obama-culture-of-intimidation/

It's very simple, profoundly simple infact. I firmly believe that churches should be able to do what they want. If they want to preach discrimination and hatred in their churches and sing songs about ain't no fags making it to heaven.....have at it. But not one penny of govt subsidization. For anything. You're cut loose. Bon voyage. No more tax exemption no nothing. Now we'll see just how Christian people really are in this country when they have to pony up a hell of a lot more to keep their church's afloat than the few dollars they put in the basket every sunday. Time to be grownups.

Most Christians do not have a hateful attitude towards gay people but cannot condone it because the bible clearly calls homosexuality a sin. I really would like to see churches give up tax exempt status anyway and agree with Mike Huckabee on this:

http://baptistnews.com/ministry/organizations/item/8575-huckabee-questions-churches-tax-exemption

Violating one's "freedom of relgion" and spiritual beliefs is not discrimation.

I figure Cleve, Woody and Chris would be hating the Muslim mosque that

refuses gay weddings, and open gays attending....

or would they?

Black is a skin color. Gay is a chosen behavior. Objecting and refusing to condone in any way said behavior is not

discrimination.

Refusing to treat a black person solely for the color of their skin is discrimination.

Finer points of reasoning are always lost on emotional knee jerksies.

I mean, theres a fundamental lack of understanding from Cal and others on his side regarding the surrounding facts of this issue. Namely, being gay is not a choice. It is genetic.

Also, I haven't mentioned mosques because the OP is about churches. Anything I am saying in regards to churches and Christianity goes the same for any other religion.

I know you're trying to sound like you're meeting people halfway or something, but in reality your argument is poorly thought out.

Following the tenets of your religion does not equate to preaching hate. I've been in a variety of churches - from Trad Cath to Methodist to "Hard Shell" Baptist and never, ever, ever heard from the pulpit that God hates anyone. God might not approve of some actions, faggotry being among them, but God doesn't hate fags - He just wants them to stop fagging and doesn't want his workers to grant the title of marriage to those practicing faggotry. Westwood Baptist or whatever is far from typical.

Hate speech from the pulpit is a dog whistle statement that is rare. (unless you go to Jeremiah Wright's Church) The qualifier is that the mores of the population have changed so greatly in the last generation that what was deemed as sinful is not "hateful" for calling out that sin.

I'm fine with no tax exemptions for churches. There are few true Christians who would even blink at trading a tax exempt status for true doctrine.

I mean, theres a fundamental lack of understanding from Cal and others on his side regarding the surrounding facts of this issue. Namely, being gay is not a choice. It is genetic.

Also, I haven't mentioned mosques because the OP is about churches. Anything I am saying in regards to churches and Christianity goes the same for any other religion.

I accept that it is a genetic defect. We should be looking at ways to cure it medically.

Cal, who would choose to be gay? Logic

Ah. I figured this is how Dr. Ben Carson feels sometimes. lol

You have to go back and read the words I posted.

I said "Gay is a chosen behavior". I'm saying being known to be gay, outside of being informed by somebody else....... is a chosen behavior. I'm saying

that when a gay person makes it obvious that they are gay, they are engaging in a chosen behavior.

Acting out on being gay is a chosen behavior. Okay, so maybe BEING gay isn't. But going to a Christian baker,

to force them to bake you a cake, haha, and sue them for big money if they refuse... IS A CHOSEN BEHAVIOR.

If not for their behavior, how the hell would anybody else know that they were gay in the first place?

AGAIN, I knew employees in my company who were gay, but I never knew it until a close friend of theirs (opposite sex btw),

told me. And they never knew I knew about it, because I always treated them exactly like anybody else, in meetings I ran, working with them on new custom software I was going to design and write for them....... I could never tell outside

of being informed. But I would never accept the behavior outside of work. I wouldn't have accepted it at work, either, but that never

materialized.

When gay people act out in a way that you know is gay, that is their chosen behavior.

I don't think anyone would ever choose to be gay. But if their behavior reflects it, then that is their chosen behavior.

I know you're trying to sound like you're meeting people halfway or something, but in reality your argument is poorly thought out.

Following the tenets of your religion does not equate to preaching hate. I've been in a variety of churches - from Trad Cath to Methodist to "Hard Shell" Baptist and never, ever, ever heard from the pulpit that God hates anyone. God might not approve of some actions, faggotry being among them, but God doesn't hate fags - He just wants them to stop fagging and doesn't want his workers to grant the title of marriage to those practicing faggotry. Westwood Baptist or whatever is far from typical.

Hate speech from the pulpit is a dog whistle statement that is rare. (unless you go to Jeremiah Wright's Church) The qualifier is that the mores of the population have changed so greatly in the last generation that what was deemed as sinful is not "hateful" for calling out that sin.

I'm fine with no tax exemptions for churches. There are few true Christians who would even blink at trading a tax exempt status for true doctrine.

I laughed so hard at god wanting fags to stop fagging. In any case, yeah I don't have a problem with people preaching in their churches that fgtry is wrong and against their beleifs. The problem is they very often go further than that, and then they go even further by trying to impose their "faith" on the rest of us. We as a society have come to grips that gay people aren't evil, in fact some of the most decent human beings going are infact gays. I don't know necessarily why that is, but it is.

And I soundly disagree that few Christians would blink at trading tax status. They want their cake and eat it too, it's all you hear about every night. They want to be able to do what they do and when someone brings up their tax status they yell and scream about how that's not the point. But it is.

Cal, who would choose to be gay? For that matter, it would mean that everyone who is straight made a decision to be so. I don't know about the rest of you guys put pecker sucking was not something that I had to willfully decline as a life decision.

You've touched weiner at least once in your life...I can tell.

Cal, who would choose to be gay? Logic

Ah. I figured this is how Dr. Ben Carson feels sometimes. lol

You have to go back and read the words I posted.

I said "Gay is a chosen behavior". I'm saying being known to be gay, outside of being informed by somebody else....... is a chosen behavior. I'm saying

that when a gay person makes it obvious that they are gay, they are engaging in a chosen behavior.

Acting out on being gay is a chosen behavior. Okay, so maybe BEING gay isn't. But going to a Christian baker,

to force them to bake you a cake, haha, and sue them for big money if they refuse... IS A CHOSEN BEHAVIOR.

If not for their behavior, how the hell would anybody else know that they were gay in the first place?

AGAIN, I knew employees in my company who were gay, but I never knew it until a close friend of theirs (opposite sex btw),

told me. And they never knew I knew about it, because I always treated them exactly like anybody else, in meetings I ran, working with them on new custom software I was going to design and write for them....... I could never tell outside

of being informed. But I would never accept the behavior outside of work. I wouldn't have accepted it at work, either, but that never

materialized.

When gay people act out in a way that you know is gay, that is their chosen behavior.

I don't think anyone would ever choose to be gay. But if their behavior reflects it, then that is their chosen behavior.

Yeah, gays can be gay as long as they stay hidden. I hate when gays act out and do things like ask to get married.

Gays are a comin' for you, cal

Wait until they are allowed to get married. There will be numerous proposals heading in his direction.

Because, after all, the world will come to an end

Violating one's "freedom of relgion" and spiritual beliefs is not discrimation.

I figure Cleve, Woody and Chris would be hating the Muslim mosque that

refuses gay weddings, and open gays attending....

or would they?

Black is a skin color. Gay is a chosen behavior. Objecting and refusing to condone in any way said behavior is not

discrimination.

Refusing to treat a black person solely for the color of their skin is discrimination.

Finer points of reasoning are always lost on emotional knee jerksies.

Where did you have your gay wedding at? Are you and Wally White still together?

ha. ha. ha.

It's you hecklers that are having a cow about my Chik Fil A pic.

Nah, we have concealed carry in Ohio....

Archived