THE BROWNS BOARD

Uniformz?

MLD Woody

Everything you don't like is gay this fag that. But you look at the worst uniform mock up in the world and those are ok.. your judgment is in question. And your attack dog miktoxic?? Well he is a real dingleberry who's usually too high on junk to have the slightest idea what he's talking about on any given subject. Its hard to be offended when the guy trying to insult you is essentially making baby sounds in the corner. Still I now hope they come out in the most hideously ugly uniforms without so much of a stitch of brown and a white helmet with a brand new logo on it just to hear you girls cry.

Are you even a Browns fan?

Just keep the helmet the same, the colors brown, orange and white ... and do whatever.

We're all OK with it.

When you homos start throwing in silver and gray and messing with the helmets, I wonder a.) how old are you? and b.) are you really a browns fan or did you step in here from one of those gay fashon tv shows?

Zombo

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again with the Homo gay fag shit. You must be really uncomfortable with yourself.

I'm comfortable as hell, lol. You're the homo that wants silver, gray and orange uniforms for the Cleveland Browns.

Zombo

Who cares if I want to see a new uniform? Joe Haden said he wanted to see it change up. Guess he must be a gay fag. Who Cares about the browns stupid tradition? The have a tradition of losing that's the browns tradition. I'm not going to sit around and praise the tradition of one of the crappiest teams in football for over forty years.

You're the sad being who thinks calling people gay homo or fag is appropriate. A moderator, no less. And now you'll probably ban me because you're the big moderator guy, but its truly sad that as a grown ass man that's the best you can come up with. I disagree with your opinion so you're a gay fag, homo.

Who cares if I want to see a new uniform? Joe Haden said he wanted to see it change up. Guess he must be a gay fag. Who Cares about the browns stupid tradition? The have a tradition of losing that's the browns tradition. I'm not going to sit around and praise the tradition of one of the crappiest teams in football for over forty years.

I, like Joe Haden, have said I am all for updating the uniforms.

Jimmy Haslem has has said we're doing it, but that the helmet will remain the same, and the colors will remain the same.

Everyone seems OK with this ... I look forward to seeing them next year when they come out.

However, there is a homosexual contingent, led by you, that doesn't care what Haslem said, you keep wanting to change up the helmet and make the uniforms gray or silver or some such shit.

If there were a few more of you, I would just start a little homo fashion design forum for you, because we don't want to ban any Browns fans, even the gay ones. You are all welcome.

Zombo

It's pretty sad that the best you can come up with is gay homo fag. You're one step away from calling me the n word. That's where that is in the realm of intelligent discourse.

I didn't even know you were black. And I've never used that word in my life.

I apologize if I offended you for pointing out that you are homo, I thought you knew.

Zombo

Did Tampa bay cry rivers when they stopped wearing orange and white and went to red and whatever color that is, silver? No? It was universally liked you say? Guess everyone in that organiZation must be a gay fag

Tampa Bay was an expansion team from the 70's that picked an unfortunate creamsicle color to begin with. They had no tradition to speak of and the switch to bolder, stronger, more manly colors was a good one. Now they just did a stupid update, in my mind they got it right last time, this new nike look isn't a good one.

Why you want to change the Browns colors, when the Browns don't want to, is beyond me.

Brown is the color of football ... oh ... and our team name. Orange is a good color to work with. White goes with anything.

Certainly, Nike and the Browns can come up with something, working with those three colors, that will be fresh and still appeal to tradition.

I really don't think it's an issue. Just make some nice uniforms using Brown, orange and white and keep the helmets orange and plain. Boom. Done.

If you want to play with gray and silver and logos on helmets than you can probably do that on your xbox, right?

Zombo

I, like Joe Haden, have said I am all for updating the uniforms.

Jimmy Haslem has has said we're doing it, but that the helmet will remain the same, and the colors will remain the same.

Everyone seems OK with this ... I look forward to seeing them next year when they come out.

However, there is a homosexual contingent, led by you, that doesn't care what Haslem said, you keep wanting to change up the helmet and make the uniforms gray or silver or some such shit.

If there were a few more of you, I would just start a little homo fashion design forum for you, because we don't want to ban any Browns fans, even the gay ones. You are all welcome.

Zombo

Project Runway Chat Room:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/blogs/project-runway-blog

By the way, did you all see the Finale last night of the Under the Gunn: Project Runway spinoff?

Did you think Oscar deserved the win, Or do you think Sam should have come away with it?

Or did Shan get ripped unnessarily. My wife thought he should have won.

And what is with Asha always wearing that "Ohio Against the World" T-shirt.

If we are going to have a fashion thread...then lets talk fashion, no?

We talk about sports movies.....but since we have a fashion thread, lets talk about which movies are your favorites about the fashion industry:

The Devil Wears Prada

Funny Face (Audrey Hepburn) :)

Coco Before Chanel

Ready to Wear

Head over Heals

Mannequin

Zoolander

(I use italics to give this thread a certain je ne sais quoi...a style, a flare for the dramatic)

Tampa Bay was an expansion team from the 70's that picked an unfortunate creamsicle color to begin with. They had no tradition to speak of and the switch to bolder, stronger, more manly colors was a good one. Now they just did a stupid update, in my mind they got it right last time, this new nike look isn't a good one.

Why you want to change the Browns colors, when the Browns don't want to, is beyond me.

Brown is the color of football ... oh ... and our team name. Orange is a good color to work with. White goes with anything.

Certainly, Nike and the Browns can come up with something, working with those three colors, that will be fresh and still appeal to tradition.

I really don't think it's an issue. Just make some nice uniforms using Brown, orange and white and keep the helmets orange and plain. Boom. Done.

If you want to play with gray and silver and logos on helmets than you can probably do that on your xbox, right?

Zombo

MHO is the change up the unis to gray and silver people must think like the program directors who won't let the women weather announcers wear the same outfit twice on air. Or they run out and buy an entirely new wardrobe every six months to to have the newest, latest, coolest look.

Obviously the Browns "losing tradition" people are too young to remember the Browns great winning tradition of the 60s- well I do. There's also a thing called a uniform tradition- for example, the Packers, Raiders, and Browns uniforms are as far as I can tell, essentially unchanged since the sixties. Let's contrast that to the Cleveland Cavaliers- who have gone through around 20 uniform switches I can remember- yup a new uniform look really helps you win games because you're so stylish and feel better about yourself. Go draft a player like LeBron, and you'll win a whole hell of a lot more.

I just hope before they trot out the final product, they do a little "market acceptance" research to gauge fan reaction. Hey Jimmy, how about letting the season ticket holders give a thumbs up, thumbs down? We're your most loyal customers- I think we should have a say in this momentous decision. LOL. New Coke went over well- NOT!!!

Change the Vols grey colors to green & yellow and what ya got? Fuggin' ugly Oregon Ducks uniforms! Not so creative Nike.

I've already said if they want to go with the all Brown look- and hey kiddo, its the Cleveland BROWNS, They need to do something with those pants which ARE ugly. Um the Raiders have been down for years, their unis date to the 60s- unchanged, and I don't hear their fans screaming for a new look. The gang bangers are all looking a little dated too, wearing the silver and black, don't ya think?

If they want to go with grey numbers on brown and orange, fine by me. BTW the Bengals occasionally use the all orange look, and it's pretty hideous. Har, har, khaki has always been a cool color, just ask Dockers, Lets start a trend going for a lighter shade- seems like Nike wants every team to wear an off shade of black at home- you know, it looks "more intimidating".

Finally, I could give a rat what fans of other teams think of our uniforms.

Change the Browns colors to Green and Yellow, what d'ya got?

A Packers uniform.

Not so creative.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, just came over to this board because DawgTalkers.net wasn't working for some reason. I think the orange helmet with an orange facemask will look nice. As far as I know the only other team that will have a new uniform next year is going to be Denver. I heard Nike wants to do something big for the Broncos because they were the first team that allowed them to change up their uniforms in 1997.

Archived