THE BROWNS BOARD

Went to pittsburgh first time ever the other day

jeffinwv

I've gone there many times for work. It is a little town in the middle of the mountains with bridges and one way streets everywhere. It's a hick town full of hick people

• 2 weeks later...

i live in the same sort of 'village' on the banks of the hudson river so there's nowhere else to build things but on top of hills and cliff-sides.

the richer you are the higher you live up the hill.

only difference is a house in pittstink will cost you a 1/4 of what it'd cost you here.

went to pitt once helping a friend move there from here. the highway (80?) was closed down around the section where we moved this kid so they detoured us through ghettovilles on the way back from moving him in that had me and a couple of other people that have been to the worse places in harlem queens brklyn squirming in our seats.

no thanks.

• 1 month later...

so, yesterday, two couples of us friends drove to PA, and went to the Field and Stream store for the fun of it.

It's pretty high priced.

This one guy in the fishing dept was wearing a Steelers jacket.

So I say "Hey, your Steelers better watch out for our Browns this next season, for a change..."

and he just looks at me and says "You're talking Browns in PA, my state? You're out of place,

nobody gives a sh$%." and walked away.

Yeah, that's PA squeeler fan most places you go. Especially pittspukeburg. Actually, PA would be fine

if they would export pitt fans out of it, somewhere like....cuba.

In 1991, I went to a concert at the old Civic Arena. Having been in the Air Force, etc., I hadn't been there in almost 10 years. I was in

rush hour traffic downtown and couldn't remember the exact street to turn on. It was summer and people had their car windows rolled down

so I asked the people in the car next to me if they could tell me which street to turn on to get to the Arena. Answer: "We're not going to the

Civic Arena", and they rolled their window up. I asked 3 other people in different cars and got the same fucking answer each time: "I'm not

going to the Civic Arena". I despise Pittsburgh and the people that live there.

so, yesterday, two couples of us friends drove to PA, and went to the Field and Stream store for the fun of it.

It's pretty high priced.

So I say "Hey, your Steelers better watch out for our Browns this next season, for a change..."

and he just looks at me and says "You're talking Browns in PA, my state? You're out of place,

Yeah, that's PA squeeler fan most places you go. Especially pittspukeburg. Actually, PA would be fine

They will give a shit when they start getting their asses handed to them. That is what the Browns need to start doing.

In 1991, I went to a concert at the old Civic Arena. Having been in the Air Force, etc., I hadn't been there in almost 10 years. I was in

rush hour traffic downtown and couldn't remember the exact street to turn on. It was summer and people had their car windows rolled down

so I asked the people in the car next to me if they could tell me which street to turn on to get to the Arena. Answer: "We're not going to the

Civic Arena", and they rolled their window up. I asked 3 other people in different cars and got the same fucking answer each time: "I'm not

going to the Civic Arena". I despise Pittsburgh and the people that live there.

I just think perhaps they were too dumb to comprehend the question.

I saw the New York Rangers play the Penguins at the old Igloo. It was Wayne Gretzky vs Mario Lemieux. Game went to OT. 1996-1997 season

Years ago, I went to a fly fishing show in a Pittsburgh suburb (here in Ohio we call 'em cesspools). We went to a local sports bar for lunch where each table had a vase/jar/urinal holding one black & one gold/yellow pompom. The waitress came up, smiled, and asked what she could start us off with. I slid the urin oops, VASE across the table, removed the black & gold, & asked her if she had those in Brown & Orange. I don't remember the name of the place, but it was the lousiest service I have EVER had!

Some folks have NO sense of humor.

Mike

It's pretty high priced.

could of been worse... you could of got your self a good case of crabs.

Been there many times and I've not had a bad experience in Pittsburgh. Unless you count having a hell of a time navigating there before GPS. When I was young and newer at driving, I got lost and was stuck driving back and forth along the hillside. I'm not sure what the hell my problem was but it was dark and navigating roads in PA can be damned confusing. Stupid hills make for some weirdly designed roadways.

Yet they decided to hold 2014 Gay Games in Cleveland.

Hopefully you'll get national attention that you can be proud of this time! lol

Hey, it brings a lot of money in.....and the decor around here will be a lot better after they are gone....fair to say?

The other thing it has done is to cause a lot of upgrades to sports facilities to occur...and that is always good.

Archived