THE BROWNS BOARD

2017 Rookie Mini-camp Thread

Tour2ma

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad Peppers didn't participate, not the best start.

Ah yes the minicamp time when the first rounders and UFAs are all now even and get to show their stuff mano-a-mano.....

.....and then they realize how much better the first round prima donna guys really are and the UFAs and 6th and 7th round guys have to fight for practice squad time. But that is part of the excitement and uncertainty of the sport!

A few of the interviews:

I gotta say... Zagura did a nice job doing the interviews... very nice "just talking to the guys" element.

Here's Hue's full interview...

He signed the participation agreement. He'll participate.

much to the disapproval of the Browns/OSU fans that can't get over us NOT taking Hooker.

Yeah that and watching Woody trying to punch out a Clemson LB during that infamous confrontation on the sidelines. (actually I kind of like that, plus Hooker might have been slightly overrated)

He signed the participation agreement. He'll participate.

much to the disapproval of the Browns/OSU fans that can't get over us NOT taking Hooker.

Must have happened earlier today...as of this morning's paper he had not signed.

And no one now cares about your latter statement...except you, apparently.

Must have happened earlier today...as of this morning's paper he had not signed.

And no one now cares about your latter statement...except you, apparently.

Good thing we have this crazy internet to relay news in almost real time

My last statement comes from the host of comments and actual articles from Cleveland based sources that have repeatedly talked up Hooker and questioned taking Peppers over him. Very clearly just salty OSU fans. Hopefully that dies down eventually

Good thing we have this crazy internet to relay news in almost real time

My last statement comes from the host of comments and actual articles from Cleveland based sources that have repeatedly talked up Hooker and questioned taking Peppers over him. Very clearly just salty OSU fans. Hopefully that dies down eventually

Every one who did any rankings had Hooker as a better prospect than Peppers as a safety. Had the Browns decided to not trade down to acquire another 1st round pick....had they decided to draft a safety there at #12 I expect they would have taken Hooker.

So, the answer to your question is that it is not just Ohio State fans who thought Peppers was better...it was EVERYONE.......and the Browns did NOT take Peppers over him....they took Peppers at #25? Hooker was long gone. If Hooker had been there at #25...and they took Peppers, you could say that they took Peppers over him. That is not what happened. They chose to yet again acquire a second first round pick for next year. So, in the correct way of looking at it, they took Peppers AND a first round pick instead of Hooker. Or, as some see it perhaps more accurately...they took Peppers and a first round pick over DeShaun Watson....who was a guy many thought the Browns may have been after. Clearly they were NOT after him.

a leaner Prescott but let's see what Tom House does with that bad habit. House is the so called doctor guru of baseball & football deliveries. Kess made a visit last season. Really like the AFCN size on this Kid..practicing all his life in cleveland weather conditions can't hurt either

A few of the interviews:

This is the youngster that's got me excited. For a 20 year young kid he's NoJoke. He may not have known JT. But he maybe our Jordan Reed at TE? Both 246lbs. but Njoku is 2" taller but still faster than Reed's 4.72 in 40. David ran 4.64..Barney ran in a turtle shell compared to these two :o

.... and then there's Howard lol:

he will be a fun interview after a win that's for sure.

Archived