THE BROWNS BOARD

Gordon not Reinstated

Suomi

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of us remember his one-off 2013 season, while I choose to remember the last time he actually played for us...... Bring on the guys who love the game.

Nothing to see here.

Because he's a fuck up.

Right, and I don't mind having him formally not a part of the plan. But I'd REALLY like to hear how a dude like Martavis Bryant got reinstated but Gordon did not. They quite literally were out of the league for the same crime. I know I know Gordon had more violations than Gordon, but still.

"... he can reapply in the fall, a league source told cleveland.com."

I believe I had that one. Even I am starting to think Roger has it in for us...

Also reading a lot more finality in Sashi's words at end of the CLE.com article... but not sure how the words square with continuing to keep his rights. :huh:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/josh_gordons_petition_for_rein.html

"... he can reapply in the fall, a league source told cleveland.com."

I believe I had that one. Even I am starting to think Roger has it in for us...

Also reading a lot more finality in Sashi's words at end of the CLE.com article... but not sure how the words square with continuing to keep his rights. :huh:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/josh_gordons_petition_for_rein.html

Leveon Bell has every bit as many offenses as Gordon...yet he has gotten what? All of three games. And Gordon is getting like 3 years.

I would sue if I were Gordon....at least to get to the bottom of why the hell he is being jerked around so much...in comparison to other players who have had equal or more issues than he.

Unless, of course, there really is something that has happened since that we all do not know about.

Sorry...but, to me, it seems to me like Gordon is being held to a much stricter standard than anyone else in this league, and it is a matter of equity now...fair and equal treatment.

If he never plays for the Browns again, it still seems a matter of him being held hostage by the leauge...over and above how they treat other similar players.

Didn't they just reinstate that Steeler scumbag?

Did it ever occur to you people that he probably tested positive again?

I guess there's "finality', and then there's "finality"...

But Browns head of football operations Sashi Brown, who has Gordon's rights for two seasons after he's reinstated, left the door open in March for Gordon to return.

Color me confused... and considering we're back to having two years of his rights, even double-confused...

Did it ever occur to you people that he probably tested positive again?

Eh, that's the type of thing that makes the papers. My best guess is that the "i'm going to rehab instead of owning up to another drug bust" pissed ol' Roger off a good bit. The simple truth of the matter is the guy is judge, jury, and executioner so it could make sense.

Up in Smoke. That's where his money goes. In his lungs & sometimes Up his Nose..Every Body must be stoned ;) Gordo is,& always has been a stoner to relieve his anxiety. Little Faggot with the big jet airplane Roger Goddell wants triple dope offenders to at least follow the 1st steps like Martavis Bryant. Sad but true. Martavis Bryant as a offender #1. admitted to his issue. #2. Did not wait, went voluntary straight into Rehab Physicality. #3. Obviously proved to league owner with documentation & Rehab time spent that he has earned his chance towards 2nd Chance...WTF has Josh done for Josh to prove anything & NFL? #1. decided to walked from his team to rehab. #2 Spent under a week in Rehab. #3. to dilute his first reinstatement test. Oh and here..have another maternity case..#4.to "Hey he's out till Fall"....Get this Brown Shit Stain out of here & move on..

Far be it from me to upset the apple cart with a post about promoting the Browns, forgiving a player, and operating as a team, HOWEVER.....................

if some of you guys want to condemn Gordon as a fuck-up, by all means go ahead. However, I can promise you, if Gordon played for Bill Belichik, the entire patriots team, including the community, management and ownership would have been standing behind Josh and pressuring the NFL to let the kid back in.

This is an abomination. In an age where the stupidity of marijuana being illegal is being documented, Josh's errors are hardly egregious and fatal.

This ruling is an abomination, and it is immoral. I am not setting aside his mistakes, but at the same time you can't set aside man's responsibility to forgive, educate, develop and guide those who have made mistakes. Josh Gordon is a human being, he is a kid. He is blessed with wonderful physical skills, and he only has one live, one chance to do something that every one of us wish we could do....... even for one, glorious Sunday.

The earmarks of decency, compassion and wisdom lie not in endlessly punishing each other for mistakes, but in helping people to turn themselves around. There is no good to be served by leaving Josh Gordon on the outside, looking in. Whatever the kid did, he has paid for, and then some.

When you consider the scumbags scattered all about in the NFL, this punishment of Gordon is borderline evil and vindictive.

The NFL should be ashamed of themselves, but even more than that, the Browns organization should be ashamed of themselves. They could have put a team behind this kid. They could have formed some agreement with him, and taken their case to the public and to the NFL.

I don't give a shit if you like the kid or not. But he is a Brown. If this fucking franchise is so great, where the hell are they in helping to get Gordon back into the game? Do they actually think this unconscionable ban is going to help him, the Browns or the league?

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

It isn't even a matter of him being a Brown. It really DOES seem to be some kind of vendetta. I mean, unless the guy is just repeatedly, repeatedly violating the policy....and I see NO evidence of a violation in like over 2 years, this is exactly what this seems.

The "kid" voluntarily went to rehab...what? 2 years ago?

We should do something. But what?

If Goodell was willing to reinstate him last season after he served his 4 game suspension, then why after voluntarily sitting out the entire season to get his life straightened out... why continue to punish him? Why? This is complete fucking bullshit. Where the FUCK is the NFLPA?

I think we need to factor in that his agent dumped him two weeks ago. I would surmise she knew he was doing stupid shit and wouldn't be reinstated. She surely didn't bail if she thought he was clean and ready to play. The rant about how it's a travesty over weed is just straight horseshit. Most of us work our asses off and have to test cleans. Rules of employment are just that, rules, like it or not. He shouldn't be any less culpable than anyone else.

Up in Smoke. That's where his money goes. In his lungs & sometimes Up his Nose..Every Body must be stoned ;) Gordo is,& always has been a stoner to relieve his anxiety. Little Faggot with the big jet airplane Roger Goddell wants triple dope offenders to at least follow the 1st steps like Martavis Bryant. Sad but true. Martavis Bryant as a offender #1. admitted to his issue. #2. Did not wait, went voluntary straight into Rehab Physicality. #3. Obviously proved to league owner with documentation & Rehab time spent that he has earned his chance towards 2nd Chance...WTF has Josh done for Josh to prove anything & NFL? #1. decided to walked from his team to rehab. #2 Spent under a week in Rehab. #3. to dilute his first reinstatement test. Oh and here..have another maternity case..#4.to "Hey he's out till Fall"....Get this Brown Shit Stain out of here & move on..

Fukin A!

if he had been a squealer or patriot...he'd be reinstated.

he didn't love football, let his teammates and fans down...

I don't care a whit. Just a loser like jm.

gone like yesterday.

LOL to the pro dope mentality

nothing matters with this talented kid Until he decides to want it.... pot or no pot isnt the only thing here

its about his committing to the team and going to war with them,

but with what seems to be the attitude of the doper generation - they want it both ways

-get high, have prestige and fame but not commit to leaving it behind for the sake of the greater good

Yes....but if that was the case then you think we would have heard about it.

not sure on that one, since he's suspended we don't hear anything. I think if he were active then we would have heard he tested dilute with traces of THC in his system.

not sure on that one, since he's suspended we don't hear anything. I think if he were active then we would have heard he tested dilute with traces of THC in his system.

Well.. If they want to be real pricks.. they could take a hair folicle. Test it. and say hes on drugs or whatever.. yet the stools and Cheatriots get away with whatever they damn well want... King Rger should kicked out .... And hung by his nads...

We should do something. But what?

If Goodell was willing to reinstate him last season after he served his 4 game suspension, then why after voluntarily sitting out the entire season to get his life straightened out... why continue to punish him? Why? This is complete fucking bullshit. Where the FUCK is the NFLPA?

Goodell gave him a chance last year Gordon was able to be with the team sit in team meetings(while still under suspension) That has never happened before ,so not only did he kinda spit in godells face but he also probably ruined any chance of other players getting the same treatment

My best guess is that the "i'm going to rehab instead of owning up to another drug bust" pissed ol' Roger off a good bit. The simple truth of the matter is the guy is judge, jury, and executioner so it could make sense.

I echo that sentiment.

I'm in. Maybe the NFL needs me showing up at their door. Jail has never bothered me before, and what the fuck, it's been awhile.

Flug & I scrambled up some GayHound bus fare money. Be at your bus station by 11PM tonight. Put you at Rogers door by 11AM. You will be greeted by a One Post from a Ass. You will know him as Limp Post Bubba my end of prison stay. Black Sargent Tarkington cums for cell sleep overs every Thursday Night..Enjoy your trip

Okay, what the actual fuck is the National Football Player's Association for exactly if not to stand up for the rights of a player being taken advantage of or being used as a fucked up example?

They can come together to get out of padded practice or contact during practice or whatever, maybe it's time to stand up for something other than themselves.

I don't give a fuck what all the bitter, salty and envious haters have to say about Josh Gordon, they can say, "he did it to himself", or "he's a fuckup!" all they want. It has went far beyond that now. The dude has tried, and if you can't see it... you are an idiot.

He's been busted for every single fucking thing that he's done since day 1. He's paid the price for his transgression with interest. I promise you that there are players that will be playing day one that have done way worse things than Gordon has ever done.

What do I see from Gordon? Keep it together. God is good. Keep working. God Bless. Stay positive. There is hope, keep believing...

Beat a bitch. Knock a tramps teeth out. Illegal dog fighting operation. Rape. Murder. Those are just off the top of my head. There is a new case of some moron fucking up nearly every day.

But for God's sake don't you dare-

1- take medicine that the doctor has prescribed to you.

2- be in the vacinity of anyone anytime that may or may not be smoking weed.

3- don't you dare be confused over the wording of some archaic and almighty punishment sent down from Goodell's high fucking horse.

You know what? Fuck that. Goodell, let me spell it out for you.

Y-O-U A-R-E A B-I-T-C-H ... it's no wonder the people boo your bitch ass every time you take the stage. Pull the stick out of your ass and put on your big girl panties and reinstate Gordon before this gets ugly.

Archived