THE BROWNS BOARD

Interesting article on the QB search

LondonBrown

Bit long to post the whole thing, but it's a pretty good read so I'll post a sample...

The character of Kizer: While We’re Waiting

by Michael Bode

As different as a spring day in Cleveland before and after a cold front washes over the region. DeShone Kizer and Cody Kessler appear to be polar opposite quarterbacks sitting on the depth chart of the Cleveland Browns. Kessler survives with less velocity on his throws but supreme accuracy he utilizes on the short and intermediate passes. Kizer has inconsistent accuracy- especially short- but enough arm talent to hit any spot on the field. Kessler a shade below the ideal height for the position at 6-foot-1. Kizer stands tall in the pocket at 6-foot-4.

The differences, though, are not as intriguing as the subtle areas where similarities exist. Both quarterbacks came from more traditional offenses with more aspects aligning to NFL responsibilities, and they have spent several years maturing as a starter. Each has pocket mobility wherein their feet move them to safe places behind the protection to delay the rush clock expiration. When moving inside or outside the pocket, they keep their eyes downfield with a willingness to receive impact while delivering a pass.

Another area where they have thrived is in an environment of adversity. While quarterbacks such as Deshaun Watson had the luxury of playing for stable national title contending teams, both Kizer and Kessler thrived despite chaos surrounding them. The character of a man is often not depicted in his moments of victory, but in his times of turmoil. Both of these quarterbacks have had plenty of opportunities there. The Browns promise many more.

http://waitingfornextyear.com/2017/05/the-character-of-kizer-while-were-waiting/

Bingo, h... and in addition to our 2016 QB pick.

Did not read the article beyond what I posted when I posted it...

... then broke for lunch (tomato basil soup and toasted cheese on rye for those wondering)...

... and just finished the read.

Wow... was it ever a good read.

First thought? cal's going to love this...

Second thought? I wonder how Mitchy-poo graded out?

Third thought? With a more compact delivery and this kind of character... I like 'shone's chances even more.

Bingo, h... and in addition to our 2016 QB pick.

Did not read the article beyond what I posted when I posted it...

... then broke for lunch (tomato basil soup and toasted cheese on rye for those wondering)...

... and just finished the read.

Wow... was it ever a good read.

First thought? cal's going to love this...

Second thought? I wonder how Mitchy-poo graded out?

Third thought? With a more compact delivery and this kind of character... I like 'shone's chances even more.

As I said in the other thread Tour- I'm not hoping the guy flops, I do hope he'll succeed- where so many others have failed. The years of suckage have beaten me down...

and I forgot... threw some leftover Jasmin rice into the soup...

I can't believe I settled for egg salad sammich. :mellow:

But I did bake wild rice stuffed Cornish Hens for dinner. :)

BTW-nice article. I've always thought ND has a sucky HC.

Archived