THE BROWNS BOARD

Vincent Jackson

jcam222

I say go get him. Long successful career. Great vet to have in our extremely young group. He's 6'4" 230 and I believe he still has 1000 yard 7+ TD potential. He's been behind Mike Evans and not thrown to nearly as much with the emergence of Brate as well. I know I'll hear rhetoric as to how it's goes against the "plan". I think not, having a few vets should be part of the plan.

Missing the days of Dwayne Bowe are we?

Fo real.....and we just guaranteed Britt, a 10 yr vet, $17m+....(double what we gave Bowe, btw)....

Maybe if Jackson wants to sign for minimum and come to camp, but I dont see any upside in signing a 34yr old WR.....

We are in a youth movement as evidenced by the Barnidge cut.

Poor Old Deangelo Williams is still unemployed too

Him I'd talk to... and be sure it was in all the papers... just for Crow.

The price would have to be right, but adding a veteran receiver makes a LOT of sense. I don't think anybody on this forum feels good about our second-year WR's from last year's draft (mostly excluding Coleman, but we don't know yet). I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on either Vincent or Victor Cruz in the slot. At this moment, our slot receiver appears to be Rannell Hall, who I like, but who is also unproven. I believe he was on track to making the team before sustaining a serious injury (broken leg maybe), but I could be mistaken. I'm not sure if I have him mixed up with somebody else, but I want to say the coaches were extremely high on Hall, and he fills a need on our team left by the departure of Andrew Hawkins. If Hall can remain healthy and pick up where he left off, I actually like the thought of what he could potentially bring in that slot role. Vincent's allure is that he is a true "high point" receiver, and that's a QB's best friend at times. Throw a well-timed lob on one-on-one coverage, and Vincent can make that grab. Like so many pointed out, that was supposed to be Dwayne Bowe's niche as well, but I don't see the harm in bringing Vincent in for a workout and seeing where he's at.

Vincent started 5 games last year... 9 in 2015... that's 14 in 2 years. Where's the value in an 11-year vet whose body is breaking down?

Bad luck? OK... here are his YPG stats for the past 5 years...

See a trend?

Some of y'all will sign any name you recognize that's still breathing, if it comes available...

Every report says Coleman is spreading his wings this off-season by organizing workouts in Texas with other WRs and Kess. Let him assume the leadership role... or at least try to do so...

He and Evans were supposed to work like ice cream and cake, but it turned out only Evans was producing. He would have been one of our cuts like Gary had he been on this team last year.

Victor Cruz would be a good sign. Vet min.

Always possible that another off-season of "rehab" would make a difference, but word last season was that his last injury hurt both his speed and his agility. A work out ought to tell the tale.

In our current situation we couldn't have VJ taking plays from our 'supply' of young receivers. We've got to figure out who the bums are and dump 'em.

De'angelo williams intrigues me the most.

Barney sticking around may have helped this case. They off the field buds. Barney from the derby was then off to visit last chance run with visits to Panthers & Pats..Probably time for D-low to do the same also :mad:. Last season we had a WR that broke his leg early. Last preseason he caught about everything.Randall Hall. still on the look though

Archived