THE BROWNS BOARD

What Draft "Mistakes" Did You See?

TexasAg1969

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What really doesn't make sense with the trubs pick is that the bears roster is trash. Trubs did decent in his one year starting, but if he had a college roster equivalent to the bears....does anyone think he'd be the top QB prospect after winning 2 games in his one season as a starter?

Adams, in this year's draft? Is he FS or SS? And if so, he went ahead of Hooker, no?

He did. Are we talking about the same thing? I thought you were asking who was a better safety prospect than Hooker recently. And Ramsey played both. I would say he is as good or a better prospect than Hooker even at safety

lol... Stephen was a Clarence Scott fan? (IIRC)

He's wearing a Dave Osborn jersey on the back cover of the album you posted. :)

RoyceRolls

Pro Veteran

Posted Today, 07:45 PM

What really doesn't make sense with the trubs pick is that the bears roster is trash.
But it DOES go to show how valuable the QB position is.
Teams without them trade up to the top of the draft to try and get one almost every year.

Tonight on NFL Total Access 7pm EDT/6pm CDT- NFL Network - they are doing an analysis of AFCN 2017 Draft comparison.

Rookie mini-camp starts one week from today. Report in on Th the 11th.

wow, was that ever disappointing and superficial. I expected a lot more. :mad:

wow, was that ever disappointing and superficial. I expected a lot more. :mad:

Yeah, way too brief. But at least we got an "A". Cincy too, but they are going to be hurting unless they address the lack of 'fatasses" problem in the OL.

What really doesn't make sense with the trubs pick is that the bears roster is trash. Trubs did decent in his one year starting, but if he had a college roster equivalent to the bears....does anyone think he'd be the top QB prospect after winning 2 games in his one season as a starter?

He did have a roster equivalent to the Bears....

Good pickup Mark. I would not have thought of that, but very similar kind of player indeed. Hope our wolverine works out as well as their honey badger.

Ehhh, they aren't THAT similar. Peppers is bigger, and played more up at the LOS. Honey Badger was better in coverage. Both were DBs that played special teams and we're utilized in unique ways though. But no one ever suggested Tyranny at LB coming out of college

Hope so....I really only saw one game that he played (against OSU) and he wasn't all that impressive. But all reviews are that he loves the game and loves to play and that's a good start. I did like that he did the workouts at the combine with both the LB and the DB. Not sure I've heard of many others doing that.

You should have watched more games. Colorado might have been his most impressive performance. Or Rutgers, but that's just Rutgers...

I was so happy when honey badger fell to us in the 2013 draft, I was positive that we would take him.

Then..the browns select...Leon McFadden

Yeah but the off the field stuff. The Cardinals we're the best situation for him with Peterson already there.

One of the comments on ESPN after the Bears took Trubs was how Glennon must feel. Signs a nice contract en route to his first, and perhaps only, chance to start the season as a #1 even if it is on a pretty bad offensive team.

... and then, without prior warning, sees the Bears trade away his draft hopes for an improved supporting cast for what he can only assume is his replacement.

He's probably had better days.

The only thing I can come up with is that the Bears figured Glennon was their starter and MT was to sit and learn for a period of time.

Obviously everything will be as new to Glennon as it will to MT so it's not like MT is going against an entrenched starter.

The whole thing is very curious. Very 'Tom Heckert' like.

The only thing I can come up with is that the Bears figured Glennon was their starter and MT was to sit and learn for a period of time.

Obviously everything will be as new to Glennon as it will to MT so it's not like MT is going against an entrenched starter.

The whole thing is very curious. Very 'Tom Heckert' like.

Anytime I can get Wolfpack vs Tarheel to decide a teams QB starter position in NFL.My preseason popcorn is ready..Phillip Rivers don't have much left?

Huh? Do you think UNC is some kind of talent powerhouse?

It's a rising program... but then everything is relative...

Huh? Do you think UNC is some kind of talent powerhouse?

Of course not, but he had a pretty good receiving corps and a pretty friendly schedule.

The Tarheels had one impressive Victory; Florida State. Compared to a lot of their other victories, they had the better talent: duke, James Madison, Citadel, Georgia Tech, Pitt, Illinois etc.

No one is saying that UNC was stacked with talent, but they did get to play a lot of schools with inferior talent. The Chicago bears, on the other hand, won't have that luxury.

Edit: after a closer look, 5 of UNCs 8 victories were gimmes. 2 were against small schools, Citadel, James Madison, the other 3 were programs with 4 or less wins, Illinois, Duke, Virginia. So yeah, UNC isn't the all decade Alabama team, but relative to the competition, they are head and shoulders above where Chicago is right now.

Ehhh, they aren't THAT similar. Peppers is bigger, and played more up at the LOS. Honey Badger was better in coverage. Both were DBs that played special teams and we're utilized in unique ways though. But no one ever suggested Tyranny at LB coming out of college

Wasn't comparing the playing styles or size. The comparison made sense to me in that they were both thought to be too small to play in the NFL at whatever position it is that they are playing. However, Mathieu loves playing football and is a football player and guys like that can overcome their size or lack of size. Peppers would seem to me to also be a guy like that and hopefully will have even more success.

You should have watched more games. Colorado might have been his most impressive performance. Or Rutgers, but that's just Rutgers...

Why would I want to watch more ichigan games? I don't care how good or bad he was in college anymore. He's on the Browns so I hope he's the next Lawrence Taylor or Eric Turner and has a nice long career that ends up with him in the hall of fame someday.

Wasn't comparing the playing styles or size. The comparison made sense to me in that they were both thought to be too small to play in the NFL at whatever position it is that they are playing. However, Mathieu loves playing football and is a football player and guys like that can overcome their size or lack of size. Peppers would seem to me to also be a guy like that and hopefully will have even more success.

If Peppers plays LB, that would be true.

Of course not, but he had a pretty good receiving corps and a pretty friendly schedule.

The Tarheels had one impressive Victory; Florida State. Compared to a lot of their other victories, they had the better talent: duke, James Madison, Citadel, Georgia Tech, Pitt, Illinois etc.

No one is saying that UNC was stacked with talent, but they did get to play a lot of schools with inferior talent. The Chicago bears, on the other hand, won't have that luxury.

Edit: after a closer look, 5 of UNCs 8 victories were gimmes. 2 were against small schools, Citadel, James Madison, the other 3 were programs with 4 or less wins, Illinois, Duke, Virginia. So yeah, UNC isn't the all decade Alabama team, but relative to the competition, they are head and shoulders above where Chicago is right now.

I am not sure they had that much more talent than JMU. That is right down the road from me, and they did win FCS championship in a lot of lopsided wins. They also ended N. Dakota States 5 year run. That team had a lot of talent. Take out Trubisky and Switzer and JMU probably had more talent. And remember than some of the best players in history have come from smaller schools. But certainly big jump up in competition from any NCAA team to NFL. Only the best players from each team get a chance to be drafted, every NFL player got drafted or UDFA.

JMU is a really talented team for their league, but it's a big gap between leagues, which is why JMU got blown out by 4 touchdowns. Even middle of the road power conference programs beat the shit out of even the best FCS schools on a very consistent basis. Overall, North Carolina's schedule was pretty meh, they lost to the only good schools they played except FSU, and even found a way to lose to Duke which should've been a slam dunk. For the record, I'm not saying that Trubs will bust because he didn't play the strongest schedule. Mitch has tools that should translate to the NFL, but he is in for a big culture shock. One year as a starter shitting on schools like Citadel, JMU, Virginia, Illinois, GT, etc. isn't adequate training for taking over one of the worst rosters in the NFL.

Overall, North Carolina's schedule was pretty meh, they lost to the only good schools they played except FSU, and even found a way to lose to Duke which should've been a slam dunk. For the record, I'm not saying that Trubs will bust because he didn't play the strongest schedule. Mitch has tools that should translate to the NFL, but he is in for a big culture shock. One year as a starter shitting on schools like Citadel, JMU, Virginia, Illinois, GT, etc. isn't adequate training for taking over one of the worst rosters in the NFL.

^^well done Royce..from ACC Country..and many here would agree..

JMU is a really talented team for their league, but it's a big gap between leagues, which is why JMU got blown out by 4 touchdowns. Even middle of the road power conference programs beat the shit out of even the best FCS schools on a very consistent basis. Overall, North Carolina's schedule was pretty meh, they lost to the only good schools they played except FSU, and even found a way to lose to Duke which should've been a slam dunk. For the record, I'm not saying that Trubs will bust because he didn't play the strongest schedule. Mitch has tools that should translate to the NFL, but he is in for a big culture shock. One year as a starter shitting on schools like Citadel, JMU, Virginia, Illinois, GT, etc. isn't adequate training for taking over one of the worst rosters in the NFL.

And, of course, as you may have heard, much of Garrett's reputation came from performances against those same kind of schools. Prairie View, Texas San Antonio, New Mexico St. When it came time to play against the big boys of the SEC his performances were rather pedestrian.

And, FYI, the ACC was a better football conference than the SEC, so both guys are in for some heavy training.

Then it sure is a good thing that Garret isn't converting to QB.

It's another good thing that UNC didn't play Clemson and Louisville instead of Virginia and Georgia Tech, or else Trubisky wouldn't have had the opportunity to single handedly lose a bowl game against a team missing their best offensive weapon.

Archived