THE BROWNS BOARD

The Sarah Palin Channel

MLD Woody

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/07/28/sarah-palin-launches-her-own-online-network/

$9.95 per month or $99.95 per year? Hot damn sign me up!

Cal, you register yet?

Seriously though... I thought Palin was an idiot, but I may take that back. She is playing this bit all the way to the bank. (or her handlers are smart)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always enjoy this thread.

Palin is an idiot! (1)

1. Average dude on the internet.

Obama isn't an idiot.

Bush isn't an idiot.

Palin isn't an idiot.

Clinton isn't an idiot.

The idiots are those who put faith in these people. Who want them to have MORE power.

Obama isn't an idiot - agree
Bush isn't an idiot - agree
Palin isn't an idiot - disagree
Clinton isn't an idiot - agree.

You don't get to be president if you're an idiot. You have to have enough about you to get people to like you (or hate the other guy more). Sarah Palin, on the other hand, is responsible for some of the most stupid things coming out of American politics. Or at least she was, until Michele Brachmann came around. Apparently Palin was too moderate for the GOP voters?

Obama isn't an idiot - agreeBush isn't an idiot - agreePalin isn't an idiot - disagreeClinton isn't an idiot - agree.

You don't get to be president if you're an idiot. You have to have enough about you to get people to like you (or hate the other guy more). Sarah Palin, on the other hand, is responsible for some of the most stupid things coming out of American politics. Or at least she was, until Michele Brachmann came around. Apparently Palin was too moderate for the GOP voters?

Bachmann is more insane than anything.

Do you believe that is the only reason why people think she's an idiot?

Pretty much.

She has a funny accent too. That makes her a target for parody.

And Jon Stewart puts a lot of clips up while he makes funny faces.

Others who have been portrayed as idiots by the idiotic media include George Bush Gerald Ford Dan Quayle and Joe Biden.

WSS

I'm being a little hyperbolic with insane, lol. I definitely think she's out there though and has said some dumb things.

So the belief that Palin isn't the brightest is all do to that damned left wing media, warping our fragile little minds? Every funny quote is out of context and all I hear is her funny accent...

I'll try to get back to you at lunch, unless someone beats me to it

quotes are quotes, the source doesn't matter... Unless they're fake (cough Cal cough)

1 yup it seems to me the French culture has taken a bit of a hit in recent times what with the flood of Muslim immigrants rioting in the streets etc..

2 so you have a problem with taking a look at your rulers and trying to figure out if they are promoting well being of your country and society?

3 carbon dioxide aint methane. it's 1 of the most common gases on the planet exhale by you and me on a constant basis.

4 don't know the context it is a coincidence and I don't know why it popped into anybody's head.

5 correct it isn't normal and especially in the case of transgender just by its very nature it is dysfunction embodied.

WSS

1 yup it seems to me the French culture has taken a bit of a hit in recent times what with the flood of Muslim immigrants rioting in the streets etc..

The French culture that you have in mind is one engendered by centuries of immigration. It's in a constant state of flux, as are all cultures - and languages, fashions etc. - and so to say it's 'diminishing' is to not understand the concept of a culture.

2 so you have a problem with taking a look at your rulers and trying to figure out if they are promoting well being of your country and society?

No, this one isn't so crazy. You always need to hold the people in office accountable. Then again, I doubt any are 'anti-america' - they just have different view to her.

3 carbon dioxide aint methane. it's 1 of the most common gases on the planet exhale by you and me on a constant basis.

​Cardbon Dioxide is an asphyxiate. Meaning, if there's too much of it around, it will be absorbed by red blood cells instead of oxygen, and then never be released, reducing your resporiatory ability. But we're nowhere near those levels, obviously. What's more important is the greenhouse effect of carbon dioxide that is a proven thing, and has had a proven effect on the atmosphere, as well as increasing the acidity level of the oceans (and killing fish/coral etc in the process).

4 don't know the context it is a coincidence and I don't know why it popped into anybody's head.

Well, this one is properly crazy. It's like saying "hitler drank water. Obama drinks water. It's probably just a coincidence. I'm just saying." Beyond that, she got the wrong president and, more importantly, the wrong political affiliation.

5 correct it isn't normal and especially in the case of transgender just by its very nature it is dysfunction embodied.

She's categorising anyone who is not a 'normal' straight person as having some kind of dysfunction and in need of compassion. This is at best, ignorant, at worst offensive.

1 so apparently we have a different view of what is or is not positive in cultural change. Fair enough. I doubt you make that statement in every situation even though the concept of culture would be the same.

2 ok

3 yeah. So is oxygen. I guess water is bad because you can drown in it.

4 I understand. I don't know what the context might have been.

5 and we come back to the idea of whether or not something can be dysfunctional and unnatural but still acceptable.

WSS

I think you are wrong in calling it dysfunctional. But if you want to call it 'not normal' or something then sure. You can look at a definition of 'normal' - and one does exist, don't be fooled by people exclaiming "but what *is* really normal anyway?!" Normal is just what traits the majority of the population have. Ie, it's normal to have dark hair, it's normal to be between 5'7" and 6'3" maybe, it's normal to have only 10 fingers. There are a shit-ton of ways to define a 'normal' person, and there are very few, if any, people that fit that profile. I myself have a genetic mutation meaning my eyes are green in the middle and blue towards the outside (they're gorgeous ;) ). That's not normal. But do I need your compassion? No. You go to asia, and they haven't seen blonde hair, so when my OH goes, people come up to her and just stare, sometimes they try to grab it because it's 'not normal' by their definition.

you might try defining dysfunctional and trying to remember what the sexual act is for. At least you might admit that in transgender there's some dysfunctionality going on?

WSS

Transgender - yeah, seems like something went wrong somewhere in the wiring. I'm a lot more hazy on that subject and its intricacies, not having any knowledge of it (primer - this is where you point out that implies I have knowledge of being gay and thus assume I'm gay; I'd be disappointed if you didn't).

So you only have sex to have children? Man, that must be a depressing life. But if you're going down that alley, why not ban masturbation? And oral & anal sex while we're at it?

Transgender - yeah, seems like something went wrong somewhere in the wiring. I'm a lot more hazy on that subject and its intricacies, not having any knowledge of it (primer - this is where you point out that implies I have knowledge of being gay and thus assume I'm gay; I'd be disappointed if you didn't).

So you only have sex to have children? Man, that must be a depressing life. But if you're going down that alley, why not ban masturbation? And oral & anal sex while we're at it?

I realize it's tough for you to live without hyperbole but if you go back and read again. See what I've said often there's a big difference between accepting something that's not normal and banning it.

We eat for nourishment. We like to eat.

A compulsion to eat things that have no nutritional value is dysfunctional.

WSS

"I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?' Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending." –Rep. Michele Bachmann, suggesting at a presidential campaign event in Florida that the 2011 East Coast earthquake and hurricane was a message from God (Aug. 2011)

Wait, where did abortions come in?! You were making the point that sex is for reproduction. Therefore, any sex that doesn't at least involve the possibility of reproduction is not normal. Let's assume for a moment that this is valid (I disagree, sex has plenty of other uses besides feeling good and making babies). If you then classify any non-baby-making sex as 'not normal' and people who engage in it without the possibility of children as dysfunctional and in need to help/compassion, then you're grouping together people who have anything besides unprotected vaginal sex. So that includes any anal, any oral, any sex with protection. My gf and I aren't trying for kids, and are not likely to ever - does that mean that we're not normal? Maybe. Does it mean that we need to be helped, or that we need compassion?

No kids? You don't want to pass on your beautiful eyes?

Honestly, undecided at the moment, but I can't imagine a time where I'm "done" with not having any commitments to any place, being able to just go away when we feel like it, up and move city/country without fear of screwing the kids around. I like my life, I like being able to do what I want and not have to worry about looking after any kids.

"I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?' Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending." –Rep. Michele Bachmann, suggesting at a presidential campaign event in Florida that the 2011 East Coast earthquake and hurricane was a message from God (Aug. 2011)

Thats it ? lol

Thats right up there with "hurricanes only get lily white sounding names...all racial groups should be represent" - Sheila Jackson Lee, a filthy Democrat.

Haven't we been through this before?....that democrats are far more stupid and come up with far more inane statements then Reps.

I don't think you want to go there again.

Archived