THE BROWNS BOARD

Support for suing Obamao as threat to our Constitution grows

calfoxwc

No woody I'm not the most objective voter in the world. More than you of course, especially since you aren't really a voter as yet. But I think taco made a good speech though I don't agree with much of it, but I would address him separately.

add to address your other "point" I don't suppose we will see the Democrats running against gay marriage like Obama did either, stooge.

WSS

I completely agree Taco

I'm sorry I'm just not at your level Steve. Clearly you're just the most objective voter ever and I go off of looks. You got me. ... I never said Cysko did that. If you don't think Romney's inability to relate with the average voter mattered, that hid awkwardness didn't matter, then idk what else to say.

to the other point, I don't see the Reps running against gay marriage this time around

Woody always agrees with something he could never have thought of in the first place, lol.

Taco, you're an intelligent man I've known that from reading your posts on the Browns board but allow me to say that this is a perfect example of my point. People choose their candidate first and then think of reasons to dislike the other guy. None of what you said do I find a good reason to vote for or against a candidate. As you said let's recap ok?

First of all we dislike Mitt Romney because he earned his money in relation to Wall Street? Really? I would say that the word earned is the key.

The guy gave away a huge inheritance and then went on to earn himself a fortune. Vs a guy who never worked a day in his life being handed almost everything he had including an affirmative action appointment to Harvard. And speaking of Wall Street, remember who President Obama put in charge of the finances of the US. Yes the foxes who had just destroyed the hen house.

Personally I hold Mormons in high regard and would have been happy with Jon Huntsman. Do you think his Mormonism would have been treated more fairly by the Democrats then Romneys? I don't.

And speaking of religion do you hold Jeremiah Wrights church in higher regard?

Had Huntsman been the nominee would you have voted for him over Obama? Why or why not?

As far as your dislike for Newt Gingrich being a reason not to vote for Mitt Romney... Sorry sir I don't get the connection. Personally I think he is one of the brightest and most thoughtful members of the party. Since I have personally been divorced twice I would assume that anyone who despises Newt Gingrich because of marital infidelity has probably been married his whole life to the first woman he slept with. If that's you, well congratulations but it's a surprisingly Christian view from someone who seems to have voted Democrat.

;)

Especially with Bill Clinton as the Vanguard of the party...

WSS

Didn't Newt leave one of his wives while she was on her death bed? Divorce us understandable, but that's a dick.

It sounds like you came up with your reasons to dislike Obama as well Steve. Do you really equate all of his success to being handed things cuz he's black? That's dumb. I'm sure it helped him get in, but he earned his success while there.

my bad on the double negative. I'm traveling for work and that was after the end of a long day. $100 steak dinner, bars, hooters, etc. I was exhausted. So again, my bad.

Taco, you're an intelligent man I've known that from reading your posts on the Browns board but allow me to say that this is a perfect example of my point. People choose their candidate first and then think of reasons to dislike the other guy. None of what you said do I find a good reason to vote for or against a candidate. As you said let's recap ok?

First of all we dislike Mitt Romney because he earned his money in relation to Wall Street? Really? I would say that the word earned is the key.

The guy gave away a huge inheritance and then went on to earn himself a fortune. Vs a guy who never worked a day in his life being handed almost everything he had including an affirmative action appointment to Harvard. And speaking of Wall Street, remember who President Obama put in charge of the finances of the US. Yes the foxes who had just destroyed the hen house.

Personally I hold Mormons in high regard and would have been happy with Jon Huntsman. Do you think his Mormonism would have been treated more fairly by the Democrats then Romneys? I don't.

Mormons are good people. The religion is heretical and occultic and is based on lies and contains many occultic and esoteric rituals.

Mormons believe that you can attain godhood and be given a world of your own to be a "god" over.

They believe that Jesus and Lucifer were spiritual brothers, begat by the god of our world. Lucifer became jealous because Jesus was chosen as the savior of the world, thus why evil exists.

They believe that husbands and wives will be joined in marriage in the spiritual plan and can begat spiritual babies. The Mormon God also has a wife. Their spiritual babies are then handed down to humans on earth.

With that said, my concern with Mitt is how can any smart person fall for such shenanigans? I did vote for Mitt, only because he was the lesser of two evils, provided by a imperfect political system.

The main thing from these last posts would be your belief that his success was given to him. Yeah I think race based AA is dumb, especially as a white male. That being said he earned his performance at Harvard. It helped him get in though, for sure.,

Mormons are good people. The religion is heretical and occultic and is based on lies and contains many occultic and esoteric rituals.

Mormons believe that you can attain godhood and be given a world of your own to be a "god" over.

They believe that Jesus and Lucifer were spiritual brothers, begat by the god of our world. Lucifer became jealous because Jesus was chosen as the savior of the world, thus why evil exists.

They believe that husbands and wives will be joined in marriage in the spiritual plan and can begat spiritual babies. The Mormon God also has a wife. Their spiritual babies are then handed down to humans on earth.

With that said, my concern with Mitt is how can any smart person fall for such shenanigans? I did vote for Mitt, only because he was the lesser of two evils, provided by a imperfect political system.

dumb du dumb dumb dumb dumb

While I respect the fact that he has made a living for himself, the timing of his candidacy was poor given the economic climate. That was the point I was attempting to make. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't have any ill feelings towards Mormons but a large segment of the country either has preconceived negative notions of the religion or haven't taken the time to actually learn about it. While Huntsman would've needed to deal with the issue, his involvement wasn't as large as Romney's, making it less of an issue. Now I could be incorrect, but I don't recall many Democrats really going after Romney for his faith. The media? Yeah, but I'm not one to assume all media are agents for Democrats. However, that's a different topic for a different day.

Had Huntsman been the nominee would you have voted for him over Obama? Why or why not?

Indeed I would have. Three major reasons for me, his foreign policy experience, especially with China, his lack of extreme political views, and his seeming willingness to actually work with both sides.

While I don't hate Obama as some do, I'm not particularly impressed with some of his foreign policy decisions (that's kind of a biggie for me if you couldn't tell) and it seems he doesn't know when to hold strong on policies (like healthcare, he compromised so much that it guaranteed it would be unpopular) and when to try to work with the other side.

As far as your dislike for Newt Gingrich being a reason not to vote for Mitt Romney... Sorry sir I don't get the connection. Personally I think he is one of the brightest and most thoughtful members of the party. Since I have personally been divorced twice I would assume that anyone who despises Newt Gingrich because of marital infidelity has probably been married his whole life to the first woman he slept with. If that's you, well congratulations but it's a surprisingly Christian view from someone who seems to have voted Democrat.

;)

Especially with Bill Clinton as the Vanguard of the party...

WSS

I don't mind the divorce, shit happens, but it's the manner in which he did it. Woody covered the reasonings in his post. While there are many things I can forgive, cheating on and leaving your wife while she deals with a debilitating and terminal illness is something I can't forgive.

Despite my personal feelings for the asshole, he does have some interesting policies that intrigue me, and I appreciate that he was actually willing to come up with solutions instead of merely placing blame. He would be better served acting as an idea man behind the scenes for the Republican party. He could get his ideas out while not tainting them with his personal transgressions.

M dislike of Gingrich had nothing to do with my willingness to vote for Romney, it was just another piece of the puzzle that showed how out of touch Republicans were. I realize they didn't have much to work with considering most, if not all, of the Republican candidates with the potential to win decided running against the incumbent first black President probably wasn't a great career move, but they could've done much better.

Also when it comes to rolling my eyes if you guys sincerely want to draw the distinction between a guy who was born to a virgin and an all knowing all encompassing God, walked across the water turned water into wine brought guys back from the dead and later came back from the dead himself who will let us hang out in eternal paradise if we believe in Him and pray to his mom......

"well sure I can buy that with no problem but come on boys you said he came back and hung around with the Indians??? Now that's outrageous!"

:)

WSS

The main thing from these last posts would be your belief that his success was given to him. Yeah I think race based AA is dumb, especially as a white male. That being said he earned his performance at Harvard. It helped him get in though, for sure.,

And being accepted into Harvard is the only thing that separates someone from going to any law school. You are taught the same law and are expected to pass the same bar exam. Assumably Harvard only accepts the elite students. In the presidents case he wasnt any brighter than somebody who went to the University of Akron.

Others on the Law Review clearly stated they wanted a black man selected as edit or. That doesn't make him an idiot but neither does it make him delete and bad what is one of his main selling points.

WSS

Also when it comes to rolling my eyes if you guys sincerely want to draw the distinction between a guy who was born to a virgin and an all knowing all encompassing God, walked across the water turned water into wine brought guys back from the dead and later came back from the dead himself who will let us hang out in eternal paradise if we believe in Him and pray to his mom......

"well sure I can buy that with no problem but come on boys you said he came back and hung around with the Indians??? Now that's outrageous!"

:)

WSS

I agree completely.

I find it hilarious a Catholic or Jewish person can sit there and insult Mormonism for not being "realistic". Lol. Every religion should take a long hard look in the mirror.

And being accepted into Harvard is the only thing that separates someone from going to any law school. You are taught the same law and are expected to pass the same bar exam. Assumably Harvard only accepts the elite students. In the presidents case he wasnt any brighter than somebody who went to the University of Akron.

Others on the Law Review clearly stated they wanted a black man selected as edit or. That doesn't make him an idiot but neither does it make him delete and bad what is one of his main selling points.

WSS

I'd imagine Harvard Law is more rigorous. The only difference between a top school and an average one isn't just the name. The competition is higher, the expectations are higher, the pace or scope of the material may be greater too.

Once he got in to Harvard he succeeded. I think he graduated magna cum laude.

What were his admissions specs that made him no more qualified than an average student? I really don't know.

I'd imagine Harvard Law is more rigorous. The only difference between a top school and an average one isn't just the name. The competition is higher, the expectations are higher, the pace or scope of the material may be greater too.

Once he got in to Harvard he succeeded. I think he graduated magna cum laude.

What were his admissions specs that made him no more qualified than an average student? I really don't know.

He was Black..................................................................There someone said it

no reason to believe Harvard Law School is any harder than any other law school. There is a set curriculum of stuff you need to learn. Harvard does have extremely stringent entrance requirements meaning they only pick the best and brightest.

That's why their success rate in passing the bar is very high like some other exclusive schools. If another school who accept the top 15% applicants while Harvard only accepts the top 2 percent of applicants it stands to reason they would have a higher success rate. I've never said President Obama was a moron just that he probably wouldn't have qualified for that high threshold had he not been given extra credit which you seem to have agree to by saying that you also believe affirmitive action helped him get in.

That's not the reason I didn't vote for him just and annoying untrue belief of those who worship.

WSS

Do you have his application? You seem pretty sure he only got in for being black. It sounds like you know his application and the application standards at the time.

I really doubt the coursework is the same level of rigorousness as some random law school. Even if the curriculum covers the same high level curriculum, the level of difficulty could be much greater. Like I said, the expectations for the students, the competition, the pace, the depth, etc. The only experience I have here is comparing different engineering curriculums from people I know. I'm guessing it is similar for many degrees. Unless you have knowledge of Harvards law school and another random Law school.

(I have a buddy starting at Harvard Law this Fall actually. He'll be president one day, FYI.)

Archived