THE BROWNS BOARD

Obama hosts an iftar dinner (looks like Cal was right)

How do you know?

"In 1765, Jefferson purchased a two-volume English translation of the Quran for his personal library, a collection that became, in 1815, the basis of the modern Library of Congress."

You say he gravitates to islam. I say he's welcoming of a broader range of religions in your secular nation than previous presidents.

Perhaps he's over-pandering - from the story it looked a bit like a knee-jerk reaction to getting called out on spying on muslims. Which in itself should probably give you a clue that he isn't a jihadist in waiting.

The Jefferson thing - I googled itsar because I hadn't heard the term before, and that was one of the stories that came up. I found it amusing to think that someone like Jefferson, who has been held up on previous occasions as a bastian of american-ness and whose views and thoughts should be considered next to god (or so it seems), had actually been doing the same things that people, 250 years later, are decrying Obama for.

Wait... So that argument works now to say all Muslims Ade scary but it doesn't work when trying to show the constitution isn't infallible?

The founding fathers are treated like gods by some on here but not now? Why? Cuz they did something Obama did which you don't like?

As an intellectual study, that's one thing.

But Obamao was raised as Muslim in Indonesia for a while.

Obamao has also said that one Muslim prayer was the most beautiful song.

He has also said push come to shove, he'd side with Muslims if he had to choose.

He also treated the head of Israel like an anti-Semite bigot. Muslim heads of state?

A nice big dinner.

And Steve is making a great point. I don't remember 9/11 and all the terrorist activity here

during Jefferson's presidency.

... And I was raised as a Catholic, what's your point? Does that first Communion mean I'm really always Catholic?

What is the quote about him "choosing sides" with the Muslims. I'm curious.

Your second point literally means nothing as well

You're right though. Muslims did not fly a plane into the World Trade Center when Jefferson was around. ..

Sure, he was campaigning and lied in your video.

I will win here:( go ahead and sing along, Chris)

"Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it’ll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”"

Aww, you edited your post to change the video! No fair :(

So is this your new thing, that I'm always stoned? It's not bad, but it's no 'clever' play on my username.

Look, Obama isn't a muslim. He probably isn't even a Christian. Most likely, he was brought up in a secular household with some muslim relatives and then 'decided to become a christian' when he wanted to run for office because he knew there was no way america would vote for an atheist.

You're surprised that he knows things about islam? Or terrified? He listed some things that islam has done for the world. They're true - in the dark ages of europe (when america didn't even exist) it was the middle east that served as the centre of intellectual advancement, propelled by islam's positive stance on science.

So he knows some things because his extended family was muslim when he was growing up (and probably still are) - you're going to hold it against him that he doesn't see muslims as the evil enemy that you and Die Hard seem to?

I saying that Obamao's AVOWED loving of "his" Muslim religion,

is real. He says it is. The video is in his own damn words.

Liberal wingnut rationalize it emotionally all you want.

This president is a disaster, and you would have voted for

him a third time.

BTW, I posted that post, and when I got the link for the song,

I had gone too fast, and didn't get it copied. It took me

three seconds to back up and get it. You bitched about it

mighty fast.

London fog has surely soaked into your brain. Is there a cure for that?

A lot of people see muslims as an enemy. I'm sure many in jolly old England do also.

And I'm sure a lot of people think Josh Gordon was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. What people *think* doesn't affect the truth of much.

I saying that Obamao's AVOWED loving of "his" Muslim religion,

is real. He says it is. The video is in his own damn words.

Liberal wingnut rationalize it emotionally all you want.

This president is a disaster, and you would have voted for

him a third time.

BTW, I posted that post, and when I got the link for the song,

I had gone too fast, and didn't get it copied. It took me

three seconds to back up and get it. You bitched about it

mighty fast.

"His" religion? I notice how when Obama mentions his 'muslim faith' the video just cuts away before any kind of context is offered. In fact, the whole video is a series of cherry picked clips - which I would have thought you'd hate - reminiscent of that Homer Simpson interview where he's accused of being a sexual predator.

Posting the same video twice? I'm just busting balls on that one, I hope you realise. We all make mistakes.

Perhaps you can recommend a stockist of tinfoil hats to keep it out?

Sorry, but that was just too easy.

Archived