THE BROWNS BOARD

Utopia

gftChris

So people, what does your utopia look like? How do you envisage a perfect world?

this thread makes me think of my favorite movie, Vanilla Sky.

What is happiness to you, David?

The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter.

Utopia is a mindset, People think happiness is an achievement but its a choice.

To go past this becomes scary

You can't organize and fix the world. People are monkeys and sometimes they throw their own shit.

ok, i need sleep.

OK, let me rephrase. When technology has advanced so much that we have driverless cars, self-sustaining farms and full clean energy, and jobs are not really something that everyone has anymore, would has to happen for the world to 'work' - no rioting from boredom or lack of possibilities etc.

Of course for those who are extremely concerned about the ill effects of global warming or any other terrible side effects to the environment have scientists to thank.

Progress for the sake of progress is not necessarily a good thing.

Think about it for a minute. Some of you guys are talking about biodome on nearby planets because... Wait for it... Science and scientists have fucked up the earth so badly we can't live on the son of a bitch anymore. That's progress?

WSS

Yes Steve. We'd be better off living in huts and gathering for food.

Every technological advance can be used for bad. We're clearly better off with the internet, but people use it in harmful ways.

The scientist that invented Chemical X was most likely not the one dumping it in a lake. I wouldn't blame current environmental issues on scientists fucking with the Earth...

Archived