THE BROWNS BOARD

I got yer mmgw proof of bs right here

calfoxwc

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said that

No, I think when people are putting out full on reports about climate change and writing articles and shit, credentials matter. Bill Nye would probably agree here.

But, when it comes to just generally understanding what is going on, you don't need to be a climate scientist, which is what he is saying. If you have a sufficiently technical degree, you should be able to understand the science behind the issue. Engineer? Sure. Congreeman/woman? I'm not surprised...

Cal's list of "experts" were usually a mixed bag of these two groups, very little of which were anything near experts.

Among the actual experts, its still damn near a consensus.

She wanted to make the point, that since neither of them are climate scientists, whatever they could say wouldn't matter. "I don''t know what is going on, so you don't either." That's not true. You don't need to be a climate scientist to understand the science. But if you're trying to propose new reports and findings, it would probably help.

I'd also consider a hierarchy of opinions on a scientific issue. The more related your field is to an issue, the more your opinion matters. Engineer over a congresswoman. Climate Scientist over an engineer. This is a climate issue, so we should focus on what the climatologist community is saying.

Kind of like how, on average, the more educated you are the less you believe in things like creationism.

It was a mistake for a different reason then what you or cal are thinking...

Yeah? Look any reasonably intelligent person can read the distillatipn of the scientific evidence make a judgement. You have spent a lot of time love the fact that some of cals articles aren't written by scientists.

I never see you attack politicians who are on the same side as you.

Even if they are not scientist.

WSS

Yeah? Look any reasonably intelligent person can read the distillatipn of the scientific evidence make a judgement. You have spent a lot of time love the fact that some of cals articles aren't written by scientists.

I never see you attack politicians who are on the same side as you.

Even if they are not scientist.

WSS

But I basically agree with you.

WSS

Archived