THE BROWNS BOARD

Raiders owner thinking of moving to San Antonio

DieHardBrownsFan

If you give SA a team then Dallas will want one

Badumbump.

If Mark Davis were serious you can bet that Jerry Jones will fight him tooth and nail as he believes Austin/SA are HIS territory.

But here is an analysis on Davis's thought process:

Right now, you have 2 teams, the Raiders/49ers that to some degree split the San Fran/Oakland/San Jose/Sacremento market areas. Those combined areas have a total population of about 8.6 million people....but, honestly, probably a much larger percent of that base supports the 49ers over the Raiders. ....so I would say that clearly the Raiders have less than a 4 million local support base.

Now, note: Dallas has about a 6.8 million population base, Houston has about a 6.3 million population base.

Combined, San Antonio and Austin have about a 4.1 million population base.

That makes its combined rank the 15th largest market in the nation.....just behind Detroit, but ahead of the likes of Seattle, Minneapolis, San Diego, Tampa Bay....and a number of other NFL markets.

Of course, the real issue may not be the choice between Oakland and San Antonio...but the choice between LA and San Antonio....though personally I don't want to see the Raiders move at all, but I do understand that they have a terrible stadium to play in.

If you give SA a team then Dallas will want one

lol...

SA was one of the top USFL cities... loved their Gunslingers led by Jim Kelly. They have an outdated, yet ready for move-in, domed stadium that'd do until a new one was built. Still a geographic fit for the AFCW.

It'd be a great choice... but I'd hate for Oakland to lose the Raiders... again.

..though personally I don't want to see the Raiders move at all, but I do understand that they have a terrible stadium to play in.

Not to mention a crappy state from a tax standpoint and a crappy city. Oakland may have been a nice, blue collar town back in the day, but now it is crime infested shit hole.

lol...

SA was one of the top USFL cities... loved their Gunslingers led by Jim Kelly. They have an outdated, yet ready for move-in, domed stadium that'd do until a new one was built. Still a geographic fit for the AFCW.

It'd be a great choice... but I'd hate for Oakland to lose the Raiders... again.

Jim Kelly played for the Houston Gamblers, not the Gunslingers . (and fyi, the NFL would probably not now allow that name to be used....hell the "Bullets" had the change their name)

But....good point.....would they still stay the Raiders? Or change name.

The point about the color scheme is right though...it would match the Spurs.

Not to mention a crappy state from a tax standpoint and a crappy city. Oakland may have been a nice, blue collar town back in the day, but now it is crime infested shit hole.

Not sure why the big outcry about the tax status of various states. The big chunk of taxes on these guys comes from the Feds, not the state, which is miniscule in comparison.

And any state that doesn't charge an income tax? Where do you think they get their revenue from? Tax on liguor? Hardly.

I know that is some of these states the real estate taxes are triple what a non income tax state pays. And licensing fees? Example, in Ohio, you have to pay like $54.00 to renew your vehicle license plate each year. In some states that would be 10 times as much. (I know that is the case in South Carolina where my father in law owned a car).

Besides, while Oakland proper may not be very good, the rest of the East Bay area is still some pretty prime real estate....with a lot of people with a lot of nice homes etc.

Not sure why the big outcry about the tax status of various states. The big chunk of taxes on these guys comes from the Feds, not the state, which is miniscule in comparison.

And any state that doesn't charge an income tax? Where do you think they get their revenue from? Tax on liguor? Hardly.

I know that is some of these states the real estate taxes are triple what a non income tax state pays. And licensing fees? Example, in Ohio, you have to pay like $54.00 to renew your vehicle license plate each year. In some states that would be 10 times as much. (I know that is the case in South Carolina where my father in law owned a car).

Besides, while Oakland proper may not be very good, the rest of the East Bay area is still some pretty prime real estate....with a lot of people with a lot of nice homes etc.

Talking about state tax, not fed. Nissan just left for Texas. Read up magistrate. Fuck Californication.

yeah a state that gave us silicon valley and hollywood, hippies and free thinking..........

Yea, and all that shit is packing up and leaving or already left.. I worked in Hollywood for years and everything shoots out of state. The Vietnam Era hippies who were cool are replaced by entitled millenial hipsters or bums.

Free thinking in Hollywood? Ask Daniel Tosh, Jon Stewart, Tracy Morgan, Dave Chappelle, Stephen A. Smith, Adam Richman, Alec Baldwin, or a million others about their politically correct horseshit.

you said you were stationed aboard a ship off the coast of cal (san diego?) when you were in the military and talked about going out and it sounded like you had a good time, so i was wondering what the F is so bad about it now? just the tax situation or the fact that you hate liberal cal living?

The talk of moving NFL teams irks the crap out of me. The Raiders have slipped a ton since the days of Stabler/Lamonica/Blanda. I loved the KC-Oakland rivalry when I was a kid, it was as good as Cle-Pitt. I remember the Raiders derailing the queer Dolphins in a playoff game, basically ending a few seasons of Miami dominance.Stabler heaved an underhand pass into the endzone in the last seconds, and an Oakland running back caught it- it was Weeden-esque, but worked out.

Goodell should encourage these owners to stay put. It seems the only franchise that is having fan base problems is Jacksonville, but that doesn't mean they need to relocate either.

Talking about state tax, not fed. Nissan just left for Texas. Read up magistrate. Fuck Californication.

Yes, I was talking about state taxes, which are miniscule compared to what the Feds take......

And fyi, these companies like Nissan will jump around to anyplace where they can save a few pennies.

.....and that has nothing to do with the income tax rates that are placed on their employees. It all has to do with tax incentives, union labor etc.

Dream sheet: anywhere but Norfolk.

Got sent to Norfolk.

Loved it anyway. Navy towns are good.

had a friend from ft. devens get transferred down there. visited her and her husband down in norfolk for a weekend before moving to AZ. went to VA beach (wasn't impressed). funniest thing happened at some dive bar in the back woods outside of norfolk and 2 drunks started a fight out in the dirt parking lot. one of them ripped off the downspout of the bar's gutter system. hilarious seeing this dude swing around this hollow sheet metal piece of tubing, like what would happened if he hit someone, it would bend right?

If the Raiders were to go there, what should they be called? Still The Raiders, or a new name.

USFL had Gunslingers.

They could just translate the name of that team up north of them and be the Vaqueros or the Gauchos.

The San Antonio Slurs.

The San Antonio Stirrups

The San Antonio Commandos

The Chicos

Archived